Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Another September 11th movie...
Another September 11th movie...
2006-05-27, 1:07 PM #1
I guess United 93 was just the beginning. This one is from Oliver Stone.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/wtc/

Thoughts? I, for one, think the trailer just screams "Hollywood!"...and that's not a good thing.
2006-05-27, 1:08 PM #2
You cannot even begin to comprehend the old newzness of this thread.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-05-27, 1:10 PM #3
Oliver Stone. Whoo. Yeah. Couldn't care less.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-27, 1:13 PM #4
Movies these days...well...I'm just going to leave this thread.
2006-05-27, 1:16 PM #5
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
You cannot even begin to comprehend the old newzness of this thread.

It seems the trailer came out 10 days ago. It's not that old.
2006-05-27, 1:17 PM #6
That was cheesy.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-05-27, 1:29 PM #7
I think it looks decent. Less anti-terrorist and more pro-cop.
2006-05-27, 1:30 PM #8
Looks like pure Hollywood cheese to me.

Mind you looks better than that other one about the plane can't remember the name. [That's probably because I don't really care for these movies.]
nope.
2006-05-27, 1:40 PM #9
I knew it! Hollywood instigated the 9/11 attacks to make big bucks in the future! :o
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-27, 1:41 PM #10
yeah but no snakes, will suck
2006-05-27, 1:52 PM #11
Snakes on a Plane 2: Snakes in an Asbestos Ridden Ruin with Ghostrider
nope.
2006-05-27, 2:35 PM #12
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]yeah but no snakes, will suck[/QUOTE]

Hey! How'd you pull that off with out getting flamed? Last 9/11 movie thread multiple people with no sense of humor descended upon me and I was forced to try to explain how exactly humor works.
2006-05-27, 2:48 PM #13
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Hey! How'd you pull that off with out getting flamed? Last 9/11 movie thread multiple people with no sense of humor descended upon me and I was forced to try to explain how exactly humor works.

Because spe is never serious, and you're an elitist *******.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 3:21 PM #14
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Because spe is never serious, and you're an elitist *******.[/QUOTE]

[http://70.86.201.113/imageserv2/stilltemporary/PBF006ADTreeOfIrony.jpg]
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-05-27, 3:28 PM #15
Originally posted by Spook:
[http://70.86.201.113/imageserv2/stilltemporary/PBF006ADTreeOfIrony.jpg]

Name one way I'm elitist.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 3:30 PM #16
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I'm elitist.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA I GOT YOU THERE
2006-05-27, 3:50 PM #17
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Because spe is never serious, and you're an elitist *******.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, yes, yet another era of Yoshi-flaming has begun. Every time you get mad at someone, you strive for a 1:1 post/flame ratio with their post count. I don't like useing the ignore function, but I may have to give it a go for a while.
2006-05-27, 3:57 PM #18
Ahh, yes, yet another era of Yoshi-flaming has begun. Every time you get mad at someone, you strive for a 1:1 post/flame ratio with their post count. I don't like useing the ignore function, but I may have to give it a go for a while.

Go for it. I'm not flaming, just explaining why people like spe more than you, and thus didn't say anything.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 4:30 PM #19
Another movie that gives away the ending in the trailer.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-05-27, 4:46 PM #20

Actually, ignore is pretty sweet. I currently only have Rob on it, but it's pretty sweet.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-05-28, 3:49 PM #21
Oliver Stone kind of sucks. I doubt I'll see the movie.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-05-28, 5:32 PM #22
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Go for it. I'm not flaming, just explaining why people like spe more than you, and thus didn't say anything.[/QUOTE]

That is a joke right?
2006-05-28, 5:44 PM #23
Originally posted by Tracer:
Actually, ignore is pretty sweet. I currently only have Rob on it, but it's pretty sweet.

Heh, I used to, but I always just had to look at the post anyway. Just to see what he said. Dang my curiosity.

I've since left it off. Sometimes the stuff he says is actually pretty funny or interesting. If it's not, oh well, he hasn't bothered me for a while, and I don't care anymore anyway. I mostly just read now, rather than post.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2006-05-28, 6:02 PM #24
That is a joke right?

He isn't flaming, he never said anything, and believe it or not people like Spe than you.

He is correct.
nope.
2006-05-28, 6:19 PM #25
It's stupid to flame Obi if you're not going to flame Spe. When you boil it down, it is hypocritical.

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to compare quotes...
Originally posted by Baconfish:
He isn't flaming, he never said anything

[quote=DJ Yoshi]and you're an elitist *******[/quote]

Looks like he said something to me.... flame or not, it is extremely hostile.
2006-05-28, 6:21 PM #26
Well yes, hostile, but what I think he meant was he wasn't flaming, as Obi implied.
nope.
2006-05-28, 6:24 PM #27
Right, I wouldn't really call it a flame either. Just an attack.

Doesn't mean I personally approve it, of course -- just saying I agree with your last statement
2006-05-28, 6:35 PM #28
spe is just funnier :p
2006-05-29, 2:26 AM #29
Back on topic - Not bothered, I might go see the two 9/11 films, but to be honest I don't have time to watch the films I really want to see most of the time so I'll probably get the dvd in a year or so...
2006-05-29, 3:58 PM #30
just to let you guys know, there was not one, but two movies about titanic made in 1912. one of the was a 40 minute long feature with the best special effects of the day. So stop your *****ing about it being to soon.

I personaly will be going to see this film, as i am sure it will treat the topic with respect.

I just want to know, why are some of the people who preach "never forget" also saying that these movies are a bad thing? Isn't that kind of hypocritical?
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-05-29, 4:26 PM #31
People like you are why i think its too soon. You dont understand the scope of the tragedy. And no, they arent being hypocritical. People are concerned that the subject wont be treated with respect.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-29, 4:28 PM #32
Originally posted by alpha1:
just to let you guys know, there was not one, but two movies about titanic made in 1912. one of the was a 40 minute long feature with the best special effects of the day. So stop your *****ing about it being to soon.

Exactly.

That said film was released only a few days after the ship sunk. It's in German I believe.
nope.
2006-05-29, 4:35 PM #33
the earliest film i can find about the holocaust is 10 years after the event.

dunno what that has to do with anything but you know... i'm not too bothered about 9/11 films anyway, i know what happened on the day, i saw it on the news, i'll probablys watch it somewhere down the line if it isnt patriotic drivel.
2006-05-29, 4:51 PM #34
Originally posted by alpha1:

Even though I'm already on record above as saying that I won't see this movie, I also have to agree with alpha1, sort of. I've never put much stock into the idea that there's some magical time period that has to past before you can make a movie about a tragic event. The way such a movie is made, and whether it presents the events respectfully, is far more important to me than how long the filmmakers waited to make it. September 11th in particular made an impact on the American psyche like no other event in history -- the only parallels are the burning of Washington D.C. in the War of 1812, and Pearl Harbor, neither of which happened during the age of the big-budget film. Given this kind of impact, we all had to know it would inspire a few films, and that they'd be made sooner rather than later.

There's nothing inherently distasteful about making a film about one of the defining moments (for better or for worse) in this country's history. There's not even anything inherently distasteful about making money off a film about a tragedy, so long as it's made in a sufficiently respectful way.

[/pointless rambling]
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-05-30, 6:25 AM #35
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Exactly.

That said film was released only a few days after the ship sunk. It's in German I believe.

A few days?! Were they planning on making a documentary about the Titanic and they decided to add in a couple of sinking scenes?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-30, 10:05 AM #36
I kind of want to do a 911 movie, that is only about 9 minutes long.

Just have some crappy SF_Gold style "animation" of a plane model I didn't make clipping through a building that is just 6 polygons. All monotone grey of course.

And I might put knives on the wings.

And *****es. Plenty of hot *****es.

But anyways, it's shot from the CG street with a backdrop I made in paint.

And the plane hits. And the camera turns to me, and I yell "HOLY **** A PLANE HIT A BUILDING." And then cut back to some paint-brush rotoscoped fire and brimstone and ****. Then the other plane hits. And I scream "HOLY **** ANOTHER PLANE HIT A BUILDING."

And then that'd be my movie, of the true story, of 911.
2006-05-30, 10:12 AM #37
Please make this. It would be so awesome. Best thing since cream cheese. (o.O)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-30, 10:34 AM #38
I fail to see the humor
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-30, 10:40 AM #39
haha i dont that would be awesome
2006-05-30, 4:23 PM #40
It's not too offensive, but it isn't funny either. It's just dumb.

↑ Up to the top!