Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Quotes
Quotes
2006-05-27, 4:31 PM #1
"I don't get it... The whole script is just a bunch of snakes that get loose on a plane. No thanks. (Me, 2 years ago to New Line exec Jeff Katz. Oops." -- Eli Roth (Director of Cabin Fever and Hostel)

and for those who have seen it PANCAKESSSSSSS

[http://myspace-282.vo.llnwd.net/00764/28/29/764139282_l.jpg]
2006-05-27, 4:32 PM #2
"He who would trade freedom for security deserves neither"
-Benjamin Franklin
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 4:37 PM #3
"Moo."
-Cow

:o
Pie.
2006-05-27, 4:41 PM #4
"This thread is silly."
- The Mega-ZZTer

2006-05-27, 4:44 PM #5
"I, am awesome"
- Zlocista.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-27, 5:19 PM #6
"I posted on this thread."
-- Tony.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-05-27, 5:21 PM #7
Originally posted by kyle90:
Self-referentialism at its best!

Stuff
2006-05-27, 5:23 PM #8
Originally posted by kyle90:

Self-referentialism at its best! .
Stuff
2006-05-27, 5:23 PM #9
I haven't posted on that thread yet.

-Ruthven
nope.
2006-05-27, 5:49 PM #10
wtf?

"Everyone has AIDS" - some bloke.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-27, 6:05 PM #11
"stabbity stab. Stab slice stab. Yay, self quotes!"

-Homicide

"The internet is stupid. It'll never go anywhere"

-Anonymous, GTA: SA
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-05-27, 7:44 PM #12
"Do what thou wilt. That is the whole of the Law."
-Alestier Crowley (The Book of the Law)

A mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqa sarmadi
Fa itha yaji ash-shuthath al-mautu qad yantahi.

-Abdul Alhazred (Kitab al-Azif)

-Come to think of it, that would make a good modern-day horror/war flick: some American GI's over in Iraq find an original copy of the Necronomicon...
2006-05-27, 7:45 PM #13
Originally posted by Ruthven:
wtf?

"Everyone has AIDS" - some bloke.

team america: world police?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-27, 7:48 PM #14
Originally posted by 7:
team america: world police?

DVDA
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 8:07 PM #15
I like the quote in my signature. I don't care if you like it or not.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-27, 8:09 PM #16
It's some good BS.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 8:17 PM #17
"Split a piece of wood, and I am there
Lift up the stone and there you will find me"
-Jesus, Gospel of Thomas

(He lives in your backyard!)
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-05-27, 8:19 PM #18
"C is for cookie... and CLEAVAGE!"

"I want to be the direct object, 'cause it recieves the action!"

(Quotes from MBC)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-05-27, 8:20 PM #19
[QUOTE=Someone trying to start an argument]It's some good BS.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I really don't care what you think. Nice try though.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-27, 8:24 PM #20
Obviously not.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 8:26 PM #21
hehehehehe

-me
2006-05-27, 8:38 PM #22
And of course, the Terry Pratchett classic:
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

-A little Oasis goes a long way. Unfortunately, they've never recorded a song under 8 minutes long.
2006-05-27, 9:02 PM #23
"After making a joke once about Canada, I recieved an angry letter from the entire population of that country, making for a total of 22 letters. Never again will I make fun of the Canadians."

~ John Kerry on Canada
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-27, 9:17 PM #24
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I like the quote in my signature. I don't care if you like it or not.[/QUOTE]

I still can't get over just how retarded (And I don't use that word often, if at all) of a statement that is.

What a stupid hippy.
2006-05-27, 9:24 PM #25
Its like black licorice is slowly kicking my ***. - My friend John Robbins about Jagermeister
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2006-05-27, 9:27 PM #26
Originally posted by MFalse:
Its like black licorice is slowly kicking my ***. - My friend John Robbins about Jagermeister

Hahahaha. Beautifully true.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 9:46 PM #27
"Fundamentalist Christianity. Fascinating. These people actually believe the world is 12 thousand years old. Swear to God! Based on what? I asked them. 'Well, we looked at all the people in the Bible, and we added them up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages – 12 thousand years.' Well, how ****ing scientific! Okay. I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble there. That's good.

You believe the world's 12 thousand years old? 'That's right.' Okay, I got one word to ask you. A one word question. Ready? 'Uh-uh.' Dinosaurs.

You know, the world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, and they existed in that time ... you'd think it would have been mentioned in the ****ing Bible at some point. 'And lo, Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus ... with a splinter in his paw. And O, the disciples did run a-shrieking: "What a big ****ing lizard, Lord!" But Jesus was unafraid, and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw, and the big lizard became his friend. And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O, so many years, inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat ****ing families and their fat dollar bills. And O, Scotland did praise the Lord: "Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord."'"

-Bill Hicks
2006-05-27, 9:52 PM #28
I saw that Bill Hicks bit, it was stupid. He's whiny. Those jokes could have been funny if delivered better, but he was too false-cutesy, with overblown sarcasm. Wraaar.

:D
2006-05-27, 10:19 PM #29
Originally posted by Primate:
"Fundamentalist Christianity. Fascinating. These people actually believe the world is 12 thousand years old. Swear to God! Based on what? I asked them. 'Well, we looked at all the people in the Bible, and we added them up all the way back to Adam and Eve, their ages – 12 thousand years.' Well, how ****ing scientific! Okay. I didn't know that you'd gone to so much trouble there. That's good.

You believe the world's 12 thousand years old? 'That's right.' Okay, I got one word to ask you. A one word question. Ready? 'Uh-uh.' Dinosaurs.

You know, the world's 12 thousand years old and dinosaurs existed, and they existed in that time ... you'd think it would have been mentioned in the ****ing Bible at some point. 'And lo, Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus ... with a splinter in his paw. And O, the disciples did run a-shrieking: "What a big ****ing lizard, Lord!" But Jesus was unafraid, and he took the splinter from the brontosaurus's paw, and the big lizard became his friend. And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch for O, so many years, inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat ****ing families and their fat dollar bills. And O, Scotland did praise the Lord: "Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord."'"

-Bill Hicks

Awesome.
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 10:38 PM #30
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61! "
Colonel Campbell, MGS2
2006-05-27, 10:47 PM #31
"I would not come out of prison wanting to do less drugs, I'd come out wanting to mainline heroin into my ****ing eyeball."

"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well ... you just realize that it's not worth the ****ing effort. There is a difference."

"Hulk Hogan. Another reason I pray for NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST IN ONE MINUTE. Because this ****ing pituary retard walks the earth, I want you all to die. I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but work with me."

"Psychology? I bet you're having a field day with this ****. 'Talked about ****ing young kids in the ***, smoked twenty cigarettes in a row...**** it, I'm going to do a thesis on this guy.'"

-Bill Hicks

Yeah, so I'm on a bit of a Hicks kick right now.
2006-05-28, 1:15 AM #32
Seriously, isn't that an awesome idea? I mean, you get a lot of World War II era Cthulhu stories, but this one just came to me, like a sign from God or some other, darker power.
I mean...
"He's not the most observant oserver in the observatory."

-Christopher Livingston (Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman)
2006-05-28, 2:22 AM #33
"Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-05-28, 3:07 AM #34
Everybody asks for personnel changes. So the White House has personnel changes. Then you write, "Oh, they're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." First of all, that is a terrible metaphor. This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring. If anything, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!

Jesse Jackson is here, the Reverend. Haven't heard from the Reverend in a little while. I had him on the show. Very interesting and challenging interview. You can ask him anything, but he's going to say what he wants, at the pace that he wants. It's like boxing a glacier. Enjoy that metaphor, by the way, because your grandchildren will have no idea what a glacier is.

Mayor Nagin! Mayor Nagin is here from New Orleans, the chocolate city! Yeah, give it up. Mayor Nagin, I'd like to welcome you to Washington, D.C., the chocolate city with a marshmallow center.

-Stephen Colbert
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-05-28, 3:16 AM #35
"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck."

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

"Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that."

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark."
- George Carlin
2006-05-28, 3:19 AM #36
I never remember good quotes for threads like this, so I'm about dig up something which I at least remember from Civilization IV

[quote=Galileo Galilei]
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.[/quote]

And then there's of course my sig :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-28, 3:20 AM #37
Here's a memorable one from Alpha Centauri.

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-05-28, 3:41 AM #38
Oh, since I really liked Lord of War:

"They say 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act'. What they ought to say is 'Evil prevails'."
- Yuri Orlov
2006-05-28, 3:54 AM #39
this is a movie quote but I love it...

Gail: [to the Oldtown Girls] We'll fight the cops, the mob, and anybody else who tries to move in on us. We'll go to war.
Dwight: Don't be stupid, Gail. Get me a car.
Gail: Who do you think you are? You got what you wanted out of us.
[Gail puts the gun to his face]
Gail: You got what you wanted out of me.
Dwight: If I don't make it back, you can have your war.
Dwight: (aggrevated) Get that gun out of my face now.

(Dwight slaps Gail)
Gail: You *******! I forgot how quick you are
[Dwight and Gail kiss]
Dwight: My warrior woman, she almost yanks my head clean off. Shoving my mouth so hard into hers it hurts. An explosion that blasts away the dull grey years between the now and that one fiery night when she was mine
Dwight: [to Miho] get me a hardtop with a decent engine and make sure it's got a big trunk.
[to Gail]
Dwight: I'll always love ya, baby.
Gail: Always and never.

Sin City
2006-05-28, 4:01 AM #40
"It's better to be ignorant than stupid because ignorance can be fixed but stupidity is FOREVER."
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!