Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Quotes
Quotes
2006-05-28, 6:57 AM #41
"You live and you learn... I guess if you are killed you don't have to worry about the learning part..."
-My Dad
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2006-05-28, 7:07 AM #42
"Roses are red, violets are blue, you slept with him, now you're buried somewhere in the desert of New-Mexico."

By Ishi, if memory serves.
2006-05-28, 8:21 AM #43
Skill is tightrope walking across Niagra Falls. Intelligence is not trying.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.

If anyone can tell me what that second one means, you get a piece of cake.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-05-28, 9:19 AM #44
I'll pull out my favorite:

God save us from an Earth in which all men are the same. God save us from a colony where that is the goal, or a culture that assumes that for its norm. Give me a thousand people speaking different tongues, worshiping different gods, and dreaming different dreams, and I will make of them a greater nation than you can make with ten thousand of your gengineered duplicates. For mine will have the spark of greatness in them, while yours live for conformity, worship mediocrity, and take their carefully modulated delight in predigested dreams.

- Reigning in Chaos: the founding of Guera Colony
(Historical Archives, Hellsgate Station)

-C.S. Friedman, "This Alien Shore"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-28, 9:58 AM #45
Originally posted by gothicX:
"Roses are red, violets are blue, you slept with him, now you're buried somewhere in the desert of New-Mexico."

By Ishi, if memory serves.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/DivineIQ/other/love.jpg]
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-05-28, 9:59 AM #46
Quote:
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I've thought about it before. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with not being able to change fate. It's basically saying that even if you know everything about NOW, fate was still set in stone (cooked) a long time ago. That's how I interpreted it, anyway. I could be way off though. I forget the rest of the dialogue in the Stargate episode that was in, and I bet that would help a lot too.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-05-28, 11:09 AM #47
New Mexico does not contain a dash.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-28, 11:18 AM #48
I didn't make the image.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-05-28, 11:29 AM #49
Originally posted by Freelancer:
New Mexico does not contain a dash.

Damn. I guess it isn't funny anymore.
2006-05-28, 12:00 PM #50
"Stephanie? Um, no thanks. She's probably got more diseases than a European sewer rat."

- a friend of mine.

"Roses are red, violets are blue. I have genital herpes, type two."

- Johnny Cunningham, another friend of mine.

"I'd hit that! I'd hit that! I'd hit that!"

- PSP squirrels :D
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-05-28, 4:32 PM #51
MORE BILL HICKS!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-28, 6:39 PM #52
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.
...what the ****?

From long ago, someone I knew at school. Not so much the words as the delivery that was funny :)

And while playing JK, Zack grabbed a donut and the camera rotated around Kyle doing his idle animation...
"Ponder what you will, Katarn, you don't have doughnuts"
-Zack, my roommate next year

"Crap muffins, poop heads, and flying pajamas!"
-Zack

"Holy buttmuffins and monkeys with their pants inside out"
-Zack, yet again

Me: What about a one tentacled octopus?
Zack: That's not even a creature -- that's an oversized sperm cell

A myspace survey asked for one's worst injury, and this was one response:
"I ran into a wall and a tooth went through my lip, I cracked my head open, I poked myself in the eye with a coat hanger... damn, I was a stupid kid and not much has changed"
-Scott, my roommate from this past year

Scott: I'm just glad I'm out of Pritchard
Torria: lol. That place is wierd. Even the roaches die there.

"Wow... that is hotter than a fat guy's underwear."
-Michelle(?), a friend of a friend of mine
2006-05-28, 7:24 PM #53
"Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously." - G.K. Chesterton
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-05-28, 8:12 PM #54
Originally posted by genk:
"After making a joke once about Canada, I recieved an angry letter from the entire population of that country, making for a total of 22 letters. Never again will I make fun of the Canadians."

~ John Kerry on Canada

He said THAT?

RALLY THE TROOPS! And by that i mean...

GET YER PITCHFORKS!
2006-05-28, 8:33 PM #55
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
GET YER PITCHFORKS!
Ohh! I know this drill!

This is what we did when I got a virus email that claimed to be from madaventor's address (memories)
2006-05-28, 8:50 PM #56
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
He said THAT?

RALLY THE TROOPS! And by that i mean...

GET YER PITCHFORKS!

uncyclopedia, silly boy
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-28, 9:03 PM #57
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
I've thought about it before. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with not being able to change fate. It's basically saying that even if you know everything about NOW, fate was still set in stone (cooked) a long time ago. That's how I interpreted it, anyway. I could be way off though. I forget the rest of the dialogue in the Stargate episode that was in, and I bet that would help a lot too.

Oh, don't you worry. The rest of the dialogue goes something like:

Monk: If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.
Daniel: Yeah... see.. the thing is.. I have no idea what that means.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-05-28, 9:55 PM #58
"You must learn to control your anger or-"
"Or my anger will control me? That's what you were going to say, right?"
"... not necessarily."
-Mystery Men

-Hey, my friend and I can't seem to accurately place this precise quote: "There is no good or evil. There is only power, and those too weak to use it." The consensus so far is "in a Harry Potter movie or something."
2006-05-29, 1:30 AM #59
Originally posted by bearded_jarl:
-Hey, my friend and I can't seem to accurately place this precise quote: "There is no good or evil. There is only power, and those too weak to use it." The consensus so far is "in a Harry Potter movie or something."

Google seems to think you are right: It's Professor Quirrell's line to Harry Potter. It's an interesting line, and moreover so because I also remembered it, even though I'm not really a HP fan, and haven't even read the books, only watched the movies.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-05-29, 3:47 AM #60
Originally posted by Homicide:
I didn't make the image.

Indeed, because I made it.

↑ Up to the top!