Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Favorite Conspiracy
Favorite Conspiracy
2006-05-27, 11:18 PM #1
What is your favorite conspiracy/alternate viewpoint?

I'm going to have to go with alternate viewpoints of Atlantis, and Giza. Not conspiracy per se, but fascinating.

Tin foil anyone?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-05-27, 11:20 PM #2
Majestic 12.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-05-27, 11:23 PM #3
Illuminati
D E A T H
2006-05-27, 11:25 PM #4
New World Order in DIAs transit systems.
2006-05-28, 1:21 AM #5
Hollow Earth, Hollow Moon, Atlantis, and the Merovingians are good ones.
I'm all about aliens, 110%, so Area 51, Hangar 18, all that good stuff.

-And Ancient Astronauts too, but Von Danekin (sp?) is a moron who destroyed the movement.
2006-05-28, 1:23 AM #6
THE REPTOIDS

OMG!
2006-05-28, 6:37 AM #7
Originally posted by bearded_jarl:
And Ancient Astronauts too, but Von Danekin (sp?) is a moron who destroyed the movement.

Erich von Däniken

He did, but he originated that movement himself though. =P
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-05-28, 6:48 AM #8
[http://www.delos.fantascienza.com/delos60/img/interazioni/deus-ex.jpg]
2006-05-28, 6:56 AM #9
All the new conspiracies are lame. I liked the old school ones.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-05-28, 8:16 AM #10
The Pentagon missile and Moon Landing Hoax ones.

Oh wait, you said favourite, not "most likely to make me want to hurt someone".

There's also the "drug companies have a cure for cancer but are withholding it" one.

I hate people.
Stuff
2006-05-28, 8:41 AM #11
The only one I've ever really gotten into would be the JFK assassination.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-05-28, 9:02 AM #12
we did not land on the moon, lolz!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-28, 9:09 AM #13
Originally posted by kyle90:
There's also the "drug companies have a cure for cancer but are withholding it" one.

I hate people.

It may be silly, but sadly, if it turned out to be true I probably would not be surprised.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-05-28, 3:23 PM #14
It's not that they have a cure and are with-holding it (which is what makes the conspiracy silly). I think someone was told that there is a natural cure for cancer, the drug companies know it, and the FDA is not letting people know it. From there, it became simply "The drug companies have a cure for cancer and they are with-holding it". What supports what I stated above (before the conspiracy quote) is that the FDA has stated that "Only a pill can treat or cure a disease". To make matters worse, they convinced the legislators to pass legislation making it illigal to state anything to the contrary. This, of course, is absolutely silly as other countries have used natural herbs for thousands of years to treat and cure diseases to a very high degree of success. Enter the conspiracy theories.

If you look on the packs of some of the "Stacker" pills that are actually all natural herbal pills, are required by law to state that "this pill is not intended to treat or cure any disease". After all, what's better for business for the drug companies? Giving you something to treat and cure your disease? Or giving you something that will help keep you alive (but you have to take for a long period of time or even the rest of your life)? Just something to think about...
"The solution is simple."
2006-05-28, 3:36 PM #15
Cool Matty is male.

IT'S A HOAX I SAY.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-28, 3:36 PM #16
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
It's not that they have a cure and are with-holding it (which is what makes the conspiracy silly). I think someone was told that there is a natural cure for cancer, the drug companies know it, and the FDA is not letting people know it. From there, it became simply "The drug companies have a cure for cancer and they are with-holding it". What supports what I stated above (before the conspiracy quote) is that the FDA has stated that "Only a pill can treat or cure a disease". To make matters worse, they convinced the legislators to pass legislation making it illigal to state anything to the contrary. This, of course, is absolutely silly as other countries have used natural herbs for thousands of years to treat and cure diseases to a very high degree of success. Enter the conspiracy theories.

If you look on the packs of some of the "Stacker" pills that are actually all natural herbal pills, are required by law to state that "this pill is not intended to treat or cure any disease". After all, what's better for business for the drug companies? Giving you something to treat and cure your disease? Or giving you something that will help keep you alive (but you have to take for a long period of time or even the rest of your life)? Just something to think about...

Man, that's not ridiculous or overly fantastical at all!

Thanks for putting it into perspective Friend14. You know all.
D E A T H
2006-05-28, 3:53 PM #17
Moon landing. So much fun.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-05-28, 3:54 PM #18
Scientology >.>
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-05-28, 4:19 PM #19
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Majestic 12.

Yep
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-05-28, 4:28 PM #20
Chemtrails. Life must be way more exciting when you can turn something so mundane into a huge mind control conspiracy.
2006-05-28, 4:47 PM #21
Mole people.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-05-28, 5:19 PM #22
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Man, that's not ridiculous or overly fantastical at all!

Thanks for putting it into perspective Friend14. You know all.[/QUOTE]

Actually, my post was geared more to where that conspiracy theory (as it's worded) derived from. It up to you to do the research and decide what you believe. I guess for post like this I should start adding that reading rainbow line:

"...but don't take my word for it." *bu dun dun* :p

By the way, Yoshi, is there any reason why you're trying to flame me with your attempt at sarcastical wit? Just curious.
"The solution is simple."
2006-05-28, 5:42 PM #23
Favorite conspiracy:
THE MATRIX.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-05-28, 5:51 PM #24
Originally posted by Spook:
I'm going to have to go with alternate viewpoints of Atlantis, and Giza. Not conspiracy per se, but fascinating.

Not sure what you're talking about. Elaborate, or just post some links, please?

Originally posted by kyle90:

I have a friend who seriously believes oil companies (with government's assistance) already developed a very efficient substitute for gasoline. Ugh.
幻術
2006-05-28, 6:33 PM #25
I love the "umbrella gun conspiracy theory" for the JFK assassination.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-05-28, 6:40 PM #26
[QUOTE=Double Helix]Favorite conspiracy:
THE MATRIX.[/QUOTE]

Seconded! Sometimes, when you're high and drunk at the same time you can grab a spoon and see that its a very high possibility!
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-05-28, 6:47 PM #27
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Erich von Däniken

He did, but he originated that movement himself though. =P

I know, but the theory already stood long before this hotel manager got it into his head to write Chariot of the Gods (with a question mark at the end).

-I've heard lots of ones about the likelihood//possibility that AIDS is manmade and curable. Visna and all that stuff.
2006-05-28, 6:56 PM #28
Zionist conspiracy
2006-05-28, 7:05 PM #29
<YOUTUBE>
2006-05-28, 7:25 PM #30
Almost forgot the various permutations of the September 11 government conspiracy theory. Takes a special kind of person to believe those... cynical enough to think that the government would stage attacks like that for little to no gain, but gullible enough to take the claims of laypersons as fact without futher research.
2006-05-28, 7:30 PM #31
I think what we are meant to believe happened on September 11th and what truthfully happened are two different things. I'm not saying I agree with any one viewpoint, but I think something about it all is not 100% accurate.
2006-05-28, 7:39 PM #32
Originally posted by Axis:
I think what we are meant to believe happened on September 11th and what truthfully happened are two different things. I'm not saying I agree with any one viewpoint, but I think something about it all is not 100% accurate.

I suspect you've been misinformed, then. Believe me, I've seen most -- if not all -- of the criticisms of the official story, and have yet to find one that I couldn't answer with thirty minutes and an internet connection, provided I could substantiate the claims in the first place. The Rumsfeld video you posted, for example -- if you see those words in the context of the full speech, it's clear that he's talking about the terrorists, and that he's merely misspeaking when he says "shot down."

There may be a little wiggle room -- it's possible, though very unlikely, that Flight 93 was actually shot down -- but if the official word on 9/11 is a cover, then there's never been a better one.
2006-05-28, 8:01 PM #33
[http://musicmoz.org/img/editors/mjflick/OFFCO1.jpg]

ROFLOL
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-05-28, 9:00 PM #34
ID.
2006-05-28, 9:14 PM #35
Originally posted by Shintock:
ID.

Intelligent design doesn't count as a conspiracy theory. It only asserts the involvement of a single person/being. :p
2006-05-28, 9:50 PM #36
Originally posted by Koobie:
Not sure what you're talking about. Elaborate, or just post some links, please?

The two are quite often related. For example, some people believe that the giza complex (they generally either don't realize or ignore the fact that there are many other buildings around the pyramids and sphinx) was built by survivors from a previous civilization (which is believe to be where the story of ATlantis came from). Supposedly, the three large pyramids mirror Orion's belt and the Sphinx aligns with the constellation Leo in 10,500 BC. Supposedly, this is signifgant of an important time to 'Atlanteans'. Supposedly, these Atlanteans 'nurtured' what we today believe is the earliest civilization. There are also the obvious theories of alien construction, which I think is a cop out. Theres a lot of misinformation and crap, but kernel's of truth are there, I think. For example, it's become more widely accepted that the Sphinx may be much, much older than we now thing. As well, it is become more accepted that perhaps the pyramid of Khufu, was not originally the pyramid of Khufu.

However, I think one of the best (though I personally would find it the most fascinating the the Flem-ath theory of Antarctica was true, but I think the findings might point to other htings) theories for 'Atlantis' IF it is anything more than a social commentary, is Bolivia.

Then you have the 'Emerald tablets of Thoth' which are of arguable authenticity, which point to a chamber under the Sphinx's left paw, same as Edgar Cayce 'prophecied'. Japanese studies show that there MAY be a cavity under the Sphinx, while other studies supposedly show huge caverns that house a city.

There are stories of sonic frequencies that open doors in the great pyramid, and lead to a giant underground city, unfortunately, the film was confiscated. Yeah...

Atlantis
http://flem-ath.com/
http://www.geocities.com/webatlantis/

Giza
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/1000/Giza.html (nutter link)
http://www.crystalinks.com/sphinxfacts.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum is an amazing website, because there are a fairly even number of both pro and con posters for all conspiracies. Links to all sorts of new Giza and Atlantis theories can be found in the Ancient Civilizations forum, as well as information on the dubious, but fascinating Bosnian Pyramid.

Enjoy!
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-05-28, 10:31 PM #37
I've always been fascinated by the theories about secret societies such as the Knights Templar, Freemasons, Illuminati, etc. They're interesting because we actually know a great deal about them, but a sort of instinctive mistrust of their secretive natures has driven the masses to construct these wild fantasies revolving around them. New World Orders, coverups, shadow governments...most of the basic conspiracy theories that have become engrained into popular culture are largely derived from this fear of the unknown.
2006-05-29, 4:41 AM #38
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Seconded! Sometimes, when you're high and drunk at the same time you can grab a spoon and see that its a very high possibility!

Aren't you a little young for that?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-05-29, 4:47 AM #39
Originally posted by Homicide:
All the new conspiracies are lame. I liked the old school ones.

Area 51? Secret government / military extraterrestrial research and testing facility?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-05-29, 5:56 AM #40
Aztec on a Swoopbike! :D

[http://www.tlucretius.net/SpiritWarriors/photoPalenque.jpg]
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I

↑ Up to the top!