Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Paper or Plastic?
Paper or Plastic?
2006-06-03, 9:20 AM #1
What's it gonna be?
2006-06-03, 9:21 AM #2
Paper!!!
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2006-06-03, 9:29 AM #3
I've never been given the choice =[
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-06-03, 9:31 AM #4
I've never even understood what the saying is supposed to mean. Is it like a choice when you're at the grocery store to get your groceries in either paper bags or plastic bags? Because that's the only thing I can think of.
Stuff
2006-06-03, 9:33 AM #5
For patriotism's sake I should say paper, but more often than not it's plastic.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-06-03, 9:35 AM #6
Originally posted by kyle90:
I've never even understood what the saying is supposed to mean. Is it like a choice when you're at the grocery store to get your groceries in either paper bags or plastic bags? Because that's the only thing I can think of.

That's exactly what it means.
I know, I saw it on Ninja Turtles (I'm serious).
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-06-03, 9:42 AM #7
Re-useable green bags. I dunno what they're made of but you keep them in the boot of your car and take them in with you whenever you go shopping.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-03, 9:42 AM #8
Paper bags are so rare in Finland (except for McDonalds or candy shops or such) so I'm gonna say plastic.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-03, 10:20 AM #9
The grocery stores here give you plastic bags unless you ask for paper, so mostly plastic.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-03, 10:23 AM #10
paper bags cost more than the plastic...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-06-03, 10:24 AM #11
That's why they give plastic unless you ask.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-03, 10:28 AM #12
and why some just don't even have paper
2006-06-03, 10:29 AM #13
Originally posted by Deadman:
That's exactly what it means.
I know, I saw it on Ninja Turtles (I'm serious).

Oh good, plastic then. That's the only real choice.
Stuff
2006-06-03, 10:30 AM #14
I just ask this because I say this at my job 50+ times a day. Personally I HATE bastards who get paper. It's too hard to bag with, especially for large quantities of groceries. So yeah, plastic.
2006-06-03, 10:33 AM #15
Plastic.

Because it's bad for the environment.
2006-06-03, 11:59 AM #16
Plastic is easier to handle and easier to carry. Plastic.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-03, 11:59 AM #17
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Paper bags are so rare in Finland (except for McDonalds or candy shops or such) so I'm gonna say plastic.

Eh? All the grocery stores pretty much have them. But like DrkJedi82 said, they cost more so they are less popular. And like Monoxide said, they aren't too convenient. Except for those lower life forms that consume paper.
2006-06-03, 12:02 PM #18
Why did I not read the thread before posting, I thought this was about what you prefer to buy stuff with. The box being the joke option, and the bottom being you prefer to steal while armed.

:(
nope.
2006-06-03, 12:10 PM #19
Huh. I always thought it meant paper (money) or plastic (card). But then I've never been asked, so I've got no context to base that off.

Plastic, I guess.
2006-06-03, 12:16 PM #20
Paper bags are much sturdier and can hold more. Plus, I don't want everyone to know the large amounts of alcohol and strawberries I'm consuming.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-03, 12:41 PM #21
Originally posted by Schming:
Paper bags are much sturdier and can hold more. Plus, I don't want everyone to know the large amounts of alcohol and strawberries I'm consuming.

they rip so freakin easy though, omg its a pain with paper bags :psyduck:
Matt
2006-06-03, 1:12 PM #22
You must be getting crappy paper bags. The ones they have here are really sturdy.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-03, 1:40 PM #23
Originally posted by lassev:
Eh? All the grocery stores pretty much have them.

They do a good job of hiding them from me then.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-03, 1:48 PM #24
Those few whole-food, all-natural, environment-friendly grocery stores take off 5 cents for each plastic bag you bring in to pack foods.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-03, 1:52 PM #25
Screw that noise.

They should give me free groceries for not making all the hippies in their store shave before I will even come on the property.
2006-06-03, 2:04 PM #26
You know, if we target every whole-food store with missiles, we can knock out a significant portion of hippies in this country. Especailly if these stores are having a sale on bottles of geothermal water. Of course, there will be some normal people caught in the action.

What in the devil's name is geothermal water anyway?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-03, 2:46 PM #27
Sleeping!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-03, 3:52 PM #28
Originally posted by Echoman:
You know, if we target every whole-food store with missiles, we can knock out a significant portion of hippies in this country. Especailly if these stores are having a sale on bottles of geothermal water. Of course, there will be some normal people caught in the action.

a few "normal" people is an acceptable loss in th war against hippies
2006-06-03, 4:26 PM #29
Originally posted by Echoman:

What in the devil's name is geothermal water anyway?

Whole Foods is awesome *******.
2006-06-03, 4:45 PM #30
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
I just ask this because I say this at my job 50+ times a day. Personally I HATE bastards who get paper. It's too hard to bag with, especially for large quantities of groceries. So yeah, plastic.

Yes, damn those people who want you to do the job you are paid to do!
2006-06-03, 5:20 PM #31
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:

Some one didn't play enough Tetris as a kid. :P
Pissed Off?
2006-06-03, 5:25 PM #32
Y'know, I don't think I've ever had a paper bag, ever.
nope.
2006-06-03, 6:17 PM #33
We don't even have paper grocery bags here in Albertia, except for liquor stores but that's because of tradition.

And also: Sig 556
2006-06-03, 7:46 PM #34
I like paper bags. :v:
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-06-03, 11:56 PM #35
I was a bagger boy for two years
eventually you'll get to the point
where you are pretty efficient at
bagging with paper bags. I like
how sturdy the paper ones are.
I hate having to quadruple bag
Ice cream because the sharp
corners on the boxes keep on
ripping open the bags. Despite
all this I say plastic. Paper bags
are so out of style. We live in the
age of plastic bags.
If curiosity killed the cat then perhaps Curious George killed the cat.
But Cat's do have nine lives so who knows?
2006-06-04, 6:13 AM #36
the only paper bags we have where i work (wal-mart neighborhood market) are the special bags for ice cream which are kept in the frozen section (i didn't even know we had them until today)
2006-06-04, 7:07 AM #37
Originally posted by lassev:
Eh? All the grocery stores pretty much have them.

I can't remember ever having been to a grocery store in Finland that had paper bags. Whereabouts do you live? I'm in Helsinki.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-06-04, 7:11 AM #38
I like boxes, only if they're big though.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-06-04, 10:04 AM #39
Originally posted by Krokodile:
I can't remember ever having been to a grocery store in Finland that had paper bags. Whereabouts do you live? I'm in Helsinki.

Hmm... I live in Oulu. Well, on the other hand, I might not be 100% reliable source since I most of the time cycle to shops and use the kind of bag I can hang on the bicycle (like you can hang a saddleback on your trusty horse), so I very rarely get bags from the shop. Perhaps it's just my imagination that they are so common. But I'm totally sure they are available in at least some stores (also other than Stockmann).
2006-06-04, 9:46 PM #40
Originally posted by Schming:

That is a god damn dirty lie! I 've had paper break on me (as a grocery bagger/carryout) way more than plastic, mainly the handles. Seriously son, come to the light side.

↑ Up to the top!