Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → June 6th 2006
June 6th 2006
2006-06-05, 2:26 PM #41
[http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/playwithme_/Emo-Day.jpg]

Now THAT is something I can get behind.
2006-06-05, 2:27 PM #42
That's some retarded hair right there. I suppose they deserve it.
2006-06-05, 2:28 PM #43
The second head from the left top row is almost my hair and facial outline. People don't consider it emo, though, because it doesn't look even close to emo on me. Dammit Rob, I'm not an emo.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-05, 2:29 PM #44
From a previous forum, when some dude posted his homework:

We're carbon-based life forms. An atom of carbon has 6 electrons, 6 protons, and 6 neutrons. 6:6:6 OMFGSATAN <_< >_>

In theory, the people who freak out about June 6 should have ALWAYS been freaking out, because of the carbon thing. What's the big deal THIS time? O.o
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-06-05, 3:36 PM #45
And that's if you take 666 as the correct number, after a couple thousand years of being passed on by word of mouth before being written down, and then translated. There's some evidence to suggest that in the original writings it's not 666, but something else (616, or other, can't remember)
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-05, 3:48 PM #46
I copied Band of Brothers onto my laptop for this week, today at work my co-worker and I left the first two episodes playing and we are going to watch two a day all this week. IT jobs at colleges are great. Remembering D-Day with a great series. :) As for The Omen... eh...
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-06-05, 3:51 PM #47
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
And that's if you take 666 as the correct number, after a couple thousand years of being passed on by word of mouth before being written down, and then translated. There's some evidence to suggest that in the original writings it's not 666, but something else (616, or other, can't remember)

:ninja: I heard about that, but I thought it was just a rumor. I'd laugh SO hard if they found proof. :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-06-05, 4:15 PM #48
Monoxide turns 16 on the "Devil's Day" then.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-05, 4:45 PM #49
"six! one six! the number of the beast!"
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-06-05, 4:50 PM #50
Hell, and fire, were sworn to be released!

I love that song.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-05, 4:53 PM #51
6/6/6 was a fun day... 6/6/2006 is just another tuesday
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-06-05, 4:55 PM #52
many of these events should merge into one

6/6/06 is the day when kerry king will walk the earth and punch people who have **** haircuts.
2006-06-05, 4:58 PM #53
You're all missing one key piece of information about 6/6/0006. Revelations hadn't been written yet, 666 (it's actually 616, right?) hadn't been declared Satan's number, and so I have no fear of the dates 6/6/some variation of 6.

Excuse me while I go stock up on supplies for the apocalypse.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-05, 5:11 PM #54
And people don't realize that 666 is a human made number. It wasn't written by God, or Satan, or Santa or anyone!

IMO, it's going to be sunny tomorrow, and everything will be fine.

Same goes for that Dec 21st, 2012 **** people have talked about
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-06-05, 5:12 PM #55
Since all the dates are in double figures bar the year...

06/06/2006. Not even palindromic. That'll happen on 6060. Man, these new-fangled apocalypses suck. :gbk:
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-05, 7:32 PM #56
NOTHING will happen... FINAL.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-05, 8:19 PM #57
Ah, praise the lord that such an expert has calmed the nerves of those who were worried. Wait a second...I don't see anyone here claiming that brimstone and fire will surface tomorrow... In fact, the only things I'm seeing are whiney kids getting what's coming to them, rocking out to Slayer, and Hell having the chance to have a once-in-a-life-time party.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-06-05, 8:36 PM #58
Bah, I don't think any religious people would/should be afraid of the end of world because of something callled the "rapture". That's the event when all followers of Christ are ascended to Heaven in the blink of an eye, leaving all the heathens -er- unbelievers to suffer the wrath of the Anti-Christ. This is all according to the book of revelations, mind you.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-05, 8:38 PM #59
If anyone rants and raves about 6/6/06, remind them that tomorrow is the twenty-first time that it has happened.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-05, 8:39 PM #60
dangit wolfy, I'm trying to reorder threads... :D
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-05, 8:51 PM #61
FAILURE [/color][/b]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-05, 9:11 PM #62
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Bah, I don't think any religious people would/should be afraid of the end of world because of something callled the "rapture". That's the event when all followers of Christ are ascended to Heaven in the blink of an eye, leaving all the heathens -er- unbelievers to suffer the wrath of the Anti-Christ. This is all according to the book of revelations, mind you.

The book of Revelation (no s) speaks about the rapture in a figurative aspect. Biblical scholars are just really confused as to how anyone came up with the rapture as a future event.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-06-05, 10:18 PM #63
How would you consider it to be a present or past event?
2006-06-05, 10:20 PM #64
Originally posted by Matterialize:
In theory, the people who freak out about June 6 should have ALWAYS been freaking out, because of the carbon thing. What's the big deal THIS time? O.o
Because the people who freak out over things like this often refer to the sciences as "Lies of Satan."
2006-06-05, 10:32 PM #65
You guys are idiots. Of course something will happen: The movie "The Omen" will be released.
一个大西瓜
2006-06-05, 10:41 PM #66
Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
666 the number of the beast
Sacrifice is going on tonight

SING!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-05, 10:46 PM #67
You know, I'm really more worried about that one day in 2012. Not that I really believe anything will actually happen, I'm just afraid that all the 'New Age' morons and X-Files fanatics will turn it into another Y2k. I mean, literally hundreds of people across the world rising up and spouting their Apocalyptic stupidity...I can't even begin to comprehend the consequences.
2006-06-05, 11:21 PM #68
Pretty sure the whole thing is void considering it's 6/6/2006...

Yeah.....oh wait, actually pretty sure the whole thing is void because it's LAME.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-06-06, 12:20 AM #69
666 means nothing
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-06-06, 1:02 AM #70
CoD is excellent Obi. You must be smoking something.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-06, 3:12 AM #71
The great fire of London happened in 1666. Albeit in September :v:
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2006-06-06, 6:18 AM #72
Originally posted by Primate:
You know, I'm really more worried about that one day in 2012. Not that I really believe anything will actually happen, I'm just afraid that all the 'New Age' morons and X-Files fanatics will turn it into another Y2k. I mean, literally hundreds of people across the world rising up and spouting their Apocalyptic stupidity...I can't even begin to comprehend the consequences.

Yeah, didn't that come off the Mayan calander? Frankly I'd be more worried about an ancient civilization that predicted their own demise, as well as other natural disasters with dates. Nostradamus, sure he made predictions (some say 9/11 included), but fortune telling like that is subjective, the connection is only made after it happens.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-06, 6:22 AM #73
national day of slayer! :cool: \m/
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-06-06, 6:32 AM #74
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Meanwhile back on June 6, 6 AD

Roman Centurion: Hey. The Christians are going ape****. Something about today being the devil's day or some tripe.
Another Roman Centurion: Eh. It's just a handful of them. It'll never catch on.

Revelations, the book that instantiated the "Mark of the Beast (666)", wasn't written until 60ish AD.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-06-06, 6:35 AM #75
Originally posted by Primate:

I actually bought a book on the topic "2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl"(sp?)

It is not necessarily an apocalyptic thing, but more of a new begining for humanity, when our conciousness' will evolve to a higher level once we begin to realize that, in its current state, this world cannot last forever. It is far from "ZOMG WE R ALL GONNA DIE!"

December 21 2012 btw, when the winter solstice noonday sun's ecliptic path will cross the "dark rift" in the milky way and become aligned with the center of the galaxy. zing.
2006-06-06, 6:45 AM #76
ZOMG WE R ALL GONNA KILL OURSELFS TO MAKE TIHS WROLD LAST FOREVER
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-06, 6:56 AM #77
OMG I LIKE WOKE UP AND HAD LIKE FUNKY HORNS AND A POINTY TAIL AND I WAS ALL RED!!!!!1 [/COLOR]
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-06, 7:06 AM #78
Happy National Day of Sweden!
2006-06-06, 7:42 AM #79
Code:
        xxxx

xx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxx

xx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx

xx

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxx

xx

xxxxxxxxxx

Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-06, 7:45 AM #80
Quote:
You know, I'm really more worried about that one day in 2012.

If it's any consellation, you get to spend the entire next day pointing and laughing at them.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!