Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who wants a gmail?
Who wants a gmail?
2004-06-22, 12:51 PM #1
Well, if you do, go somewhere else. Cause I'm getting tired of hearing about it. Anyone else concur?

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-22, 12:53 PM #2
Oh! Oh! choose MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-22, 12:57 PM #3
MeLoN, how else are the people supposed to give away the free Gmail accounts?

[This message has been edited by THRAWN (edited June 22, 2004).]
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-22, 1:05 PM #4
I dont want one. but you can send it to me to get rid of it

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-06-22, 1:11 PM #5
making a whole new thread about not wanting to hear about G-Mail doesn't really help the situation.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-06-22, 1:14 PM #6
I think MeLoN is just upset that he doesn't have a gmail account yet.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-22, 1:23 PM #7
See here's the fun part, I have "E" mail. And it's working out just fine so far. And if that doesn't cut it, I also have instant messengers. And to boot, I have a phone! It's amazing how you can get by if you don't need something.

And no, I don't have one. And I don't care if you DO.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-22, 1:35 PM #8
Sure you don't *need* it, but having one gig of storage space seems a lot nicer than my crap hotmail limit.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-06-22, 1:58 PM #9
Tough ****.
*continues to play with his Gmail account*

[This message has been edited by Evil_Tofu (edited June 22, 2004).]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-06-22, 2:51 PM #10
Will you ever ever ever use 1 Gigabyte (1,073,741,824 bytes) of space? Be honest here. I'm amazed they're pulling this off. You know just how much storage space allocated will be? That has to be a pricy server.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-06-22, 2:56 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Will you ever ever ever use 1 Gigabyte (1,073,741,824 bytes) of space? Be honest here. I'm amazed they're pulling this off. You know just how much storage space allocated will be? That has to be a pricy server.

</font>

With the prevalance of spam, you may soon need 1GB of storage just to hold your new e-mail messages every day. :P

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-22, 3:09 PM #12
The main appeal of gmail, to me, is the interface. I could give a rodents-*** how much space I'm using.

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-06-22, 3:22 PM #13
I want G-mail!

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-06-22, 3:27 PM #14
Who wants to stop being a big a**hole to everyone on the forums? OH OH! I hope MeLoN does!!!

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-22, 3:29 PM #15
Massassi = hormonal pubescent boys (for the most part). There is not stopping it, save for everyone here getting a girlfriend or boyfriend at the same time

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
2004-06-22, 3:31 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Who wants to stop being a big a**hole to everyone on the forums? OH OH! I hope MeLoN does!!!

</font>

Ummm...no...just no.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-22, 3:33 PM #17
[Edit:]

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 22, 2004).]
2004-06-22, 3:33 PM #18
I want Q-Mail.

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-06-22, 3:54 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Compos Mentis:
Massassi = hormonal pubescent boys (for the most part). There is not stopping it, save for everyone here getting a girlfriend or boyfriend at the same time

</font>

Actually, I'd say there are more people here who are not homornal pubescent boys than those who are. But that's just my guess.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-06-22, 4:03 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charoziak:
I want Q-Mail.</font>

Ok.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-22, 4:11 PM #21
I agree most of us have grown up that joke really doesn't make much sense anymore.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-22, 4:15 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SG1_129:
Actually, I'd say there are more people here who are not homornal pubescent boys than those who are. But that's just my guess.

</font>

I'm actually interested to find out the real statistics on this matter, purely out of curiosity. Too bad there's no option for an anonymous poll (unlike modern board software....o.O)
[butchered some spelling]
------------------
</sarcasm>

[This message has been edited by Compos Mentis (edited June 22, 2004).]
</sarcasm>
2004-06-22, 4:20 PM #23
Quote:

</font>

Only if you join me.

------------------
2004-06-22, 4:29 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
Only if you join me.</font>

ZING!!!

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-06-22, 4:32 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
Only if you join me.

</font>

badum PSH

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-22, 4:34 PM #26
Yeah, that made sense. I am not the one treating everyone like crap around here.

OMG BADUM CHE ZING!

------------------
2004-06-22, 4:34 PM #27
Well this flame war accomplished nothing...

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-22, 4:39 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Well this flame war accomplished nothing...

</font>

Just like you.

And SAJN, I was just pointing out the comeback, because it was pretty good. He hasn't treated me like crap either. It's just a personal thing. Now if you want someone who treats EVERYONE like crap...I can tell you jaunty tales about a young man who is almost eccentrically evil to everyone.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-22, 4:42 PM #29
Quote:
Yeah, that made sense. I am not the one treating everyone like crap around here.

OMG BADUM CHE ZING!
</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] I thought he had a good comeback too. Jeez...

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-06-22, 4:44 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Just like you.

And SAJN, I was just pointing out the comeback, because it was pretty good. He hasn't treated me like crap either. It's just a personal thing. Now if you want someone who treats EVERYONE like crap...I can tell you jaunty tales about a young man who is almost eccentrically evil to everyone.

</font>

It's so subtle, yet I missed it until I accidently hilited your post. Look at me I'm quotinG!

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
2004-06-22, 5:06 PM #31
A good comeback.

/me was waiting for MeLoN to say that.

A good come back is "LIEK OMG j00R mom!"

Okay, no it isn't.

------------------
2004-06-22, 5:34 PM #32
No one is forcing you to visit the gmail-related threads. If they annoy you, then just stay away from them.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the emails are compressed, since text isnt all that hard to compress. So I doubt that even if you filled up all of your storage space, it wouldnt take up an actual gigs worth of space on the server.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage
2004-06-22, 5:46 PM #33
I want a gmail.

Wait, no I don't.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-23, 5:31 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Ok.

</font>

!!!

::huggle!::

------------------
2004-06-23, 7:15 AM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Compos Mentis:
The main appeal of gmail, to me, is the interface. I could give a rodents-*** how much space I'm using.

</font>

COULDN'T

[http://www.eternal.dk/karse/caring.png]

Also, I'm curious as to how their servers actually work. There must be some clever jiggerypokery going on there. Super compression or something?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-23, 7:24 AM #36
What's the big deal. I d/l all my emails off my ISP server anyway so technically I have a 40GB email account on my harddrive [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2004-06-23, 8:11 AM #37
Quote:
A good comeback.

/me was waiting for MeLoN to say that.

A good come back is "LIEK OMG j00R mom!"

Okay, no it isn't.

</font>

Take a hike, SAJN. Just because he is acting that way, does not give you an excuse to act worse.
2004-06-23, 8:13 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
COULDN'T</font>

I dont know if i could get more annoyed every time you do that. I'm not anti-grammar nazi, but thats just stupid.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels

[This message has been edited by Cazor (edited June 23, 2004).]
2004-06-23, 8:25 AM #39
It annoys me when people say "could," though. It really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-23, 8:30 AM #40
It does, because it means that you care so little already that you'd be willing to care even less.

And Cazor, I don't know if he was trying to be any kind of grammer Nazi, but the diagram was fairly humorous.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!