Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Trek vs. Star Wars
Star Trek vs. Star Wars
2006-06-10, 9:30 PM #1
Yes, I know, shame on me for stealing links from Digg, but come on; it had to be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4
Stuff
2006-06-10, 9:38 PM #2
Well, I'll watch it if it ever loads. :p
2006-06-10, 9:55 PM #3
This proves nothing. When the Executor lost its shields, the Borg would have beamed onboard and begun assimilating the entire crew. Game over for the Empire.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-10, 10:11 PM #4
Here it goes again.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-10, 10:26 PM #5
Bah, Star Wars and Star Trek both kick ***.
2006-06-10, 10:48 PM #6
zomg that was teh hilarious lollll
2006-06-10, 11:07 PM #7
Really annoying debate, yees.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-10, 11:29 PM #8
ahahgahahhahahahahahahahaa, that was gold. Pure gold! I was LMAO at the part when picard's like "LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-10, 11:35 PM #9
God I just had flashbacks to Mikey's page and his endless and almost surgical de-construction of the Federation by the Empire...

-Ugh. I love Star Wars and hate Star Trek, but that was just hard to read.
2006-06-10, 11:42 PM #10
And I just watched the credits:

-Darth "Sithius"? He must suffer.
2006-06-11, 2:22 AM #11
good laugh if still pretty meaningless.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-06-11, 9:32 AM #12
Yeah, I got a few laughs.

I also like the Star Trek 2.0 commercials. >.>
2006-06-11, 9:44 AM #13
Overall, amusing. The sloppy editing made it seem like a joke. After the Enterprise ran away from the Death Star, Picard said, "it should be left alone." It being the Death Star. It also being the classic debate between ST and SW. JUST STOP.
2006-06-11, 10:12 AM #14
Ironically, theres no debate taking place.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-06-11, 11:20 AM #15
Originally posted by Wolfy:
This proves nothing. When the Executor lost its shields, the Borg would have beamed onboard and begun assimilating the entire crew. Game over for the Empire.

:rolleyes:
2006-06-11, 11:25 AM #16

No, game over for YOU and your lovelife!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-11, 11:51 AM #17
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Overall, amusing. The sloppy editing made it seem like a joke. After the Enterprise ran away from the Death Star, Picard said, "it should be left alone." It being the Death Star. It also being the classic debate between ST and SW. JUST STOP.

Actually he was talking about the emperor, or possibly Darth Vader. He was talking about a being of unimaginable power, didn't you hear that part?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-11, 6:44 PM #18
Haha, i've actually read some good cross over fanfics. Wish Trek and Wars had an official crossover stuff like the marvel dc or jla avengers crossovers.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-06-11, 7:16 PM #19
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/ (See Sidebar)

SW vs ST in Five Minutes:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-06-11, 7:22 PM #20
The Borg adapt. The Empire's lasers aren't properly designed to re-modulate. The Borg assimilate the Slave I, the troop transport, and the Death Star's unique technology into the Collective.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-11, 7:43 PM #21
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Myths/Myths_ST.html#Borg
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-06-11, 7:56 PM #22
Ah, but the majority of Star Wars is Human, who have been proven susceptible to Borg assimilation. And, in the cases in which the Federation was able to beat the shields of the Borg, the Federation ships were not firing all their lasers on the same settings; the Empire and the New Republic would have no reason to believe that a remodulation would be necessary until large amounts of their fleet had already been assimilated.
2006-06-11, 8:56 PM #23
Mos Eisley...need I say more?
2006-06-11, 9:04 PM #24
The Borg adapt. The Empire's lasers aren't properly designed to re-modulate. The Borg assimilate the Slave I, the troop transport, and the Death Star's unique technology into the Collective.

They don't use lasers in Star Wars.
2006-06-11, 9:07 PM #25
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
They don't use lasers in Star Wars.

Turbolasers are still lasers.

Originally posted by Anovis:
Mos Eisley...need I say more?

The Empire has a strict anti-alien policy, making 99.9% of their ranks human. Backwater planets like Tatooine are exceptions to the rule, and couldn't muster enough resistance against the Borg - and that's assuming that non-human aliens can't be assimilated.

We're also not counting the one guy who wiped out an entire alien race with a single thought (and, no, he was not from the Q Continuum).
2006-06-11, 9:10 PM #26
Turbolasers are still lasers.

They're blasters, which are not lasers. Lasers move at the speed of light. Blasters don't.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-06-11, 9:14 PM #27
The borg can't adapt to the force SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, BIOTCH!!! :)
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-11, 9:16 PM #28
Regardless, the technology is assimilated into the Borg collective and a counteractive protective measure is developed (proper shielding, at the very least).
2006-06-11, 9:16 PM #29
Originally posted by SavageX378:
The borg can't adapt to the force SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, BIOTCH!!! :)

Man. Genocide. One thought. A galaxy away.

Besides, if the Jedi couldn't see Darth Sidious, they won't be able to do much against Star Trek. :p
2006-06-11, 10:45 PM #30
Ah, but the majority of Star Wars is Human, who have been proven susceptible to Borg assimilation. And, in the cases in which the Federation was able to beat the shields of the Borg, the Federation ships were not firing all their lasers on the same settings; the Empire and the New Republic would have no reason to believe that a remodulation would be necessary until large amounts of their fleet had already been assimilated.

Fact: Empire and New Republic ships have weapons so much more powerful than any Star Trek shield that "remodulation" is rendered useless. Star Wars weaponry is to a hydrogen bomb what Star Trek shields are to the exoskeleton of an ant. That's the magnitude of difference we're talking about here.
2006-06-11, 10:55 PM #31
The Empire's lasers aren't properly designed to re-modulate.

Also, you don't know that. At all.
2006-06-12, 12:01 AM #32
The very nature of the Tibanna gas generators points to variable firepower.

-"The Imperials use the Tibanna gas in their turbolasers. It makes them more powerful." I believe that's what Kasan Moore said, though I could be wrong.
2006-06-12, 9:08 AM #33
I like the continuity problems, like first it's Ensign Ro, then it's Wesley Crusher in the purple uniform, then it's Wesley Crusher in a different uniform, then it's suddenly widescreen footage from a movie. Seriously though, well done putting together footage that works fairly well.

However, consider that Star Wars takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. The Enterprise generally can't travel to other galaxy, let alone galaxies that are far, far away. Also, let's not forget that Star Trek takes place several centuries in the future, so that period of Star Wars would have long since passed.

Unless they travelled through time.
2006-06-12, 9:34 AM #34
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Fact: Empire and New Republic ships have weapons so much more powerful than any Star Trek shield that "remodulation" is rendered useless. Star Wars weaponry is to a hydrogen bomb what Star Trek shields are to the exoskeleton of an ant. That's the magnitude of difference we're talking about here.

All the weapons of the Empire, Republic, and the Jedi are useless against Star Trek. There was an episode of TNG of an old alien who had decided to settle down with a human woman. Along comes an alien warship that tries to wipe out the colony, killing the woman in the process. This alien grew so angry that he killed every single one of those aliens that existed - not just in the ship.

Not even the Sun Crusher could stop that.
2006-06-12, 9:45 AM #35
Originally posted by SavageX378:

I lol'd. Nice way to end your statement.

Such charasmatic statements should be used more often in debate.
2006-06-12, 10:01 AM #36
All the weapons of the Empire, Republic, and the Jedi are useless against Star Trek. There was an episode of TNG of an old alien who had decided to settle down with a human woman. Along comes an alien warship that tries to wipe out the colony, killing the woman in the process. This alien grew so angry that he killed every single one of those aliens that existed - not just in the ship.

Darth Vader killed nearly every Jedi that existed. :p
2006-06-12, 10:21 AM #37

That's... nice. This alien could destroy the whole Star Trek universe as well, which would be real neat and render this discussion meaningless.
2006-06-12, 10:37 AM #38
A single shot from Captain Mal's pistol would render both the star wars and star trek universes uninhabitable.
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-06-12, 12:45 PM #39
I rather see the Enterprise vs the Falcon, now that would be an interesting fight. Oh yeah, and you saw it coming...

Top 10 Reasons the Star Wars Characters Would Kick Butt in the
Star Trek Universe:

10. In the Star Wars universe, weapons rarely, if ever, are set on
"stun."

9. The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an anti-matter unit
and a crew of twenty just to go into warp -- the Millennium Falcon
does the same thing with R2-D2 and a Wookiee.

8. After resisting the Imperial torture droid and Darth Vader,
Princess Leia still looked fresh and desirable. After pithy
Cardassian starvation torture, Picard looked like hell.

7. Jabba the Hutt would eat Harry Mudd for trying to cut in on his
action.

6. Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with every alien he
encounters.

5. One word: "lightsabers".

4. The Federation would have to attempt to liberate any ship named
Slave I.

3. Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with one glance.

2. Picard pilots the Enterprise through an asteroid belt at
one-quarter impulse power. Han Solo floors it.

1. The Death Star doesn't care if a world is class "M" or not.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-06-12, 2:57 PM #40
Umm... the q?
- Ruthven
me clan me mod

↑ Up to the top!