Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JO is t3h dead?!?!
JO is t3h dead?!?!
2004-06-22, 3:50 PM #41
One thing I still can't get over is the exterior model of the Stormtrooper rifle in JK had a pentagon shaped barrel. So while it looked kinda blocky it was still well-rounded.

The "superior" engine in JO used a rectangle for the exterior barrel.

JK had more poly? WTF?

Edit: Sorry, by "exterior" I mean third-person view.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"

[This message has been edited by Jedigreedo (edited June 22, 2004).]
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-22, 5:21 PM #42
I suppose what you say is true, Det, but it was far worse in JK. Especially with the movement speed, you could never land a hit with the lightsaber in a guns game. You could hardly ever land a hit in a sabers game for that matter. I think JO certainly improved on that. It just lacked sheer power in the blade I'd say. It was always fairly easy to get close to a gunner in JO, but you could never get enough hits in before you died, most of the time anyway. If it only took one or two, saber combat would be unmatched in close quarters. Exactly how it's meant to be.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-06-22, 6:56 PM #43
I love JO because the Bryar is the most powerful weapon in the game, yet you start with one every death. It's mind boggling .. .

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-06-22, 6:57 PM #44
Mmm, I don't think there were alternate language versions of the zone, although I've got to admit to seeing bugger all people who couldn't speak english.

There were brazilians on the zone though, I remember some swedish guys as well.
2004-06-22, 7:06 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Nice signature Cazor.

</font>

Well he is partially right. You do post EVERYTHING here just about.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-22, 7:14 PM #46
44 replies? I wouldn't call this a blog.

It's about JO dieing, that isn't...blogish.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-22, 7:21 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
I love JO because the Bryar is the most powerful weapon in the game, yet you start with one every death. It's mind boggling .. .

</font>

Bryar > *

------------------
nytfyre m0d || f33l t3h p0w3r || t3h l0st c0gz || OMF > *
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-06-23, 2:17 PM #48
I'm not sure why people develop such a large disdain for JO. For one, I thought the lightsaber combat was better then JK's. A jedimaster with a lightsaber is suppose to be near impossible to stop and the game did a better job of doing that compared to JK (the deflection wasn't that good). The lightsaber combat was also more involved with blocks and parries animations. The only two things I hated about JO were the repetitive imperial bases (fortunately JA fixed this) and the characters (Desean is not good a villan as Jerec and co.).
2004-06-23, 2:24 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Nice signature Cazor.

</font>

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Ya know ive noticed that turning into a grown up just means you have more power to change your body into crap.
Light And Darkness|Remnant Temple Part A|A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-23, 2:26 PM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:

</font>

I do like the bryar but i prefer the saber. Thats something i loved about JO/JA. You actually use a saber like a jedi.

------------------
Ya know ive noticed that turning into a grown up just means you have more power to change your body into crap.
Light And Darkness|Remnant Temple Part A|A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!