Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gaming systems
Gaming systems
2003-12-22, 8:50 AM #1
Hey folks,
I'm looking into getting an Xbox, Cube, or PS2. I dunno what system to get and I thought I would ask for your opinions on the matter.
Thanks
"You were probably a result of sabotage."
2003-12-22, 8:52 AM #2
Buy all three, then burn the gamecube

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2003-12-22, 8:53 AM #3
Maybe when I have a little more cash...
2003-12-22, 9:05 AM #4
Xbox.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Prov. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:6-7
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2003-12-22, 9:08 AM #5
XBox is the best system, but I still like PS2's better for some reason.

------------------
<< start the revolution >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-22, 9:08 AM #6
It all comes down to the games, pick whichever system has the selection that you want.

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-22, 9:09 AM #7
if you're going to get a PS2, just get a PSx. it has a hard drive and can burn dvd's.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2003-12-22, 9:10 AM #8
well i've kind of been leaning more to PS2 cuz the noly i games i've seen on gamecube that i like is metroid prime and rogue squadron 2 and for Xbox i don't think i've seen anything interesting except halo and MAYBE mech assault
2003-12-22, 9:13 AM #9
Well, there you go then.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-22, 9:41 AM #10
PS2, in my opinion, dominates the single-player market of consoles. FFX, FFX2, GTA3, GTA:VC, Ratchet and Clank 1 & 2, Jak and Daxter 1 & 2, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.

X-Box has...Halo.

However, X-Box dominates the multiplayer aspect mainly because of the incredible ease it is to set up a system link between 4 X-boxes for Halo, and that it has X-Box Live!. So, it all depends upon your preference.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-22, 9:43 AM #11
I'm more SP than anything else. I think i'm going to end up getting PS2.
2003-12-22, 1:50 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crimson:
if you're going to get a PS2, just get a PSx. it has a hard drive and can burn dvd's.

</font>

and is about $500 more

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-12-22, 2:27 PM #13
Gamecube
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2003-12-22, 2:28 PM #14
Gamecube

------------------
Kilroy Was Here
2003-12-22, 2:29 PM #15
Xbox by far... it's the most long lived console I've ever had... the Gamecube was worth a borrow, the PS2 was worth a month, but the Xbox is still living out it's worth since Christmas 2001...

The best game selection, the best multiplayer (Xbox Live, w00t!!!!!) and the best graphics. There are a good 20 games on the shelf I would go and buy right now if I had the money
------------------
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 22, 2003).]
2003-12-22, 2:31 PM #16
PS2

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-22, 2:46 PM #17
PS2 for single player. X-Box, although better, doesn't have Square, therefore it's ****ed at least far as RPGs go. Also, it has the faint taste of a computer gone against humanity [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-22, 3:11 PM #18
Any game worth buying on the PS2 or X-Box, will come out on the PC...If you want an actual GAME CONSOLE and not a $250 Computer with a half-*** DVD player, buy a gamecube

------------------
I once knew a man from Nantucket....isn't that just dandy?
Think while it's still legal.
2003-12-22, 3:14 PM #19
Gamecubes have the best "party" games where you just want to relax with a couple of friends.

I just got Double Dash for my birthday... can't wait to play it tommorow with my friends.

------------------
<kyle90> i got my SAT scores back
<kyle90> according to the sheet i got sent in the mail, I did "better than 99% of all college-bound seniors"
<kyle90> of course, thats comparing me to americans
<kyle90> so its not really a fair assessment
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-12-22, 3:23 PM #20
Well the Xbox has GTA3 and VC, so one of the main reasons to get an PS2 is gone. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-22, 3:36 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Any game worth buying on the PS2 or X-Box, will come out on the PC</font>

I'll say it again, buy a computer (a real one) and a gamecube...SET FOR LIFE!

------------------
2003-12-22, 3:39 PM #22
I have GTA Vice City for PC, and with my P700 Celeron, Radeon 7500 LE 64MB, 192 MB SDRAM it runs it better than either X-Box or PS2. So...Yah. Get PS2, if only for some of the kickass square games coming out for it, and not EVERY cool game will come out for computer. I.E. Kingdom Hearts 2 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-22, 3:59 PM #23
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions / opinions, pointed out somethings to me that i didn't think about before. I'm thinking i'm going to get PS2 or Xbox (because i don't have a dvd player) so then i could use it for that as well.
2003-12-22, 4:00 PM #24
Go buy a dvd player for like 30 dollars at some Circuit City Sale, then buy a GC for 100 bucks that comes with like 3 games. yer still saving money!

------------------
2003-12-22, 5:05 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Viper45:
The best game selection</font>

Well, I guess that depends on your game preferences, but I'd say that Xbox has the worst selection, and I've played all three consoles pretty extensively.

------------------
"I'm significant!.... Screamed the speck of dust."
-Calvin

[This message has been edited by JediHunter_X (edited December 22, 2003).]
2003-12-22, 5:19 PM #26
GC still having that Zelda promo disk?

/me mutters something about hating the Shadow Temple extensively.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-22, 5:28 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
GC still having that Zelda promo disk?

</font>

That promo was more fun than Windwaker itself.

------------------
<kyle90> i got my SAT scores back
<kyle90> according to the sheet i got sent in the mail, I did "better than 99% of all college-bound seniors"
<kyle90> of course, thats comparing me to americans
<kyle90> so its not really a fair assessment
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-12-22, 5:55 PM #28
Gamecube, best games (METROID PRIME, Zeldas, Mario Kart, etc...), PS2 has best RPGs (FF series), Xbox has most overrated games (Halo, KOTOR)

Gamecube is THE BEST

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2003-12-22, 6:04 PM #29
Gamecube owns. It even has the best SP game of ALL TIME: Metroid Prime.

Xbox games are nil.

PS2 games are pretty much crap anymore, and the Final Fantasy series has moved over to Gamecube. (W00T)

Plus, you can't beat Gamecube's new low price.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-12-22, 6:18 PM #30
Well with all these consoles that offer pretty much the same video quality (even though most of the dreamcast's games are better looking than more than half of the PS2's games. i swear some of them are just meant for the PS1, but they put it on the PS2 just for the heck of it)

So it comes down to what console has the best games. Xbox is already taken out of the window. It has halo. And halo is avalible for the PC (the best 'console' ever, by the way)

It's almost a tie between the GC and the PS2. I would go with the GC, because i own both and i play the GC more than the PS2, since it has more games that i like, but its really up to you.

Go into target or something and look at the big case of games they have for each console. Whatever one you see that has the most games you like, get it.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-22, 6:26 PM #31
Awesome Xbox games:

Halo
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (freaking best RPG ever)
Crimson Skies (OMG... the multiplayer bliss)
Otogi: Myth of Demons (Not a very popular game, but a very good one)
Oddworld: Munch's Oddessy (Not as good as the previous Oddworld games, but still good)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Different, but still fun. Beautiful graphics)

just off the top of my head, those are some of the best games I own for it... minus some that are on all 3 consoles, but still look the best on Xbox :P

------------------

[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 22, 2003).]
2003-12-22, 6:29 PM #32
My vote is for Gamecube as well [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Dead
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-12-22, 6:35 PM #33
Gamecube... awesome games and with it's new 100 dollar pricetag it can't be beat [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I'm looking forward to the sequel to Metroid Prime...

[This message has been edited by Dustino (edited December 22, 2003).]
Member since March 4, 2000.
R.I.P. MaDaVentor - You are greatly missed.
2003-12-22, 6:46 PM #34
Game Cube, Rogue Leader kicked majorly. Too bad Rebel Strike sucked so badly, but it can be visually stunning.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-23, 12:56 AM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:

</font>

I'd play that dungeon over and over if it meant I didn't have to do the Water Temple...

My votes for GameCube as well. (am I the only person who liked Rebel Strike around here?)

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2003-12-23, 1:20 AM #36
i would not opt for ps2 simply because it IS obsolete in terms of graphics and capabilites unless u wnat to shelve out an arm and a leg to buy all the extra peripherals like 4 way controller port, hardrive, bb connector, etc. With Xbox all u need is to buy Live from the store but not even if u prefer playing system link games over gs arcade. Xbox also has a a lot more exclusive deals with higer end graphic games such as doom 3 and halo 2 will be out soon! Also hl2 i think? But yeah i am stil madly in love with the big controllers that orignally came witht the box cuz the are really comfortable for my skinny long geeky hands. Buy xbox seriously the ps3 will be out in 2 years or soemthin like that and it will support ps2 games. I cannot see any reason to go with the cheaper made systme that still costs more then a gc or xbox. GC is a good system just lacks the enthuisam of seeing cool new games come 2 it.

------------------
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
2003-12-23, 3:54 AM #37
Peripheral equipment for any console is very cheap if you dont mind buying third party products and know where to look. Controllers excluded of course, I am yet to use a third party controller that is as good as the original.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited December 23, 2003).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-23, 4:06 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">seeing cool new games come 2 it.</font>

I no, them games come 2 it. and I'll see u 2's-day, 2 play basktbl...

Gamecube has many good game, but eveyone is like "OMG LIEK TEH KIDDAY GAMEZ!!!!!" So? They are alot more fun then some of the "Adult" games.. Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (My guilty pleasure), Pikmin, Zelda, FINAL FANTASY CHRONICLES W00000!

------------------
Retsam of Rod-Nog (This IS[/b] SAJN_Master)
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2003-12-23, 4:27 AM #39
Cube (All around crappiness and childish games) < Xbox (Overall better console, but with not so many good exclusives) < PS2 (Best games, free DVD abilities, PSX...need i say more?)

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-23, 4:44 AM #40
But X-Box and PS2 arent consoles...they are crappy computers.... plus the DVD sucks on them.. I tried watching a movie on my friends PS2 and everytime words come up on the screen, it goes "ERRRRRRRRRR" and makes a really annoying sound.. and with X-Box... wow...It's just CRAP..CRAP in a box..I'd take an NES over an X-Box any day.

------------------
Retsam of Rod-Nog (This IS[/b] SAJN_Master)
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV

↑ Up to the top!