Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → DNA finds NASA on Mars
DNA finds NASA on Mars
2006-06-20, 6:02 AM #41
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
I dont want a toyota because I dont like the style of their cars I've driven one for a year as my first car and it now has 166,000 miles. So I have 25k to spend on a new one. Dont worry about debts or insurance or anything and suggest some cool cars! I like things like nissan 350z, acura tl, bmw i series stuff, ect.

SUGGEST

What kind of car do you want? 2 seater convertible? SUV? 4 door family sedan? Wagon? Pick-up?

What are your priorities in a car? Are you after something that handles well, gets off the line fast, or just looks really cool? Do you mind sacrificing practicaility for looks and / or performance? What is practicality for you, do you need 4 seats and a big boot?

Is $25k your on-road price or your purchase price?

Give us some more info and I'll suggest something in your range.

That said, right off the bat I'm gonna go for a Subaru Imprezza WRX. Damn nice cars.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-20, 6:37 AM #42
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
I'd rather have a beamer.

Aston Martin's are for snobs.

Ohhhh fine
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-06-20, 8:13 AM #43
Originally posted by Spork:
That said, right off the bat I'm gonna go for a Subaru Imprezza WRX. Damn nice cars.

Spork speaks sense.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-20, 8:23 AM #44
Originally posted by Spork:
What kind of car do you want? 2 seater convertible? SUV? 4 door family sedan? Wagon? Pick-up?

What are your priorities in a car? Are you after something that handles well, gets off the line fast, or just looks really cool? Do you mind sacrificing practicaility for looks and / or performance? What is practicality for you, do you need 4 seats and a big boot?

Is $25k your on-road price or your purchase price?

Give us some more info and I'll suggest something in your range.

No convertible, would prefer it to be a four seater. SUV is acceptable, I like sedan's a lot, I hate wagons, I dont want a pick up. I want something that handles well and not nesicarley looks cool but looks nice.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-06-20, 8:43 AM #45
*coughcamrycough*

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-20, 10:51 AM #46
[http://members.cox.net/gkvw/mycar.jpg]
2006-06-20, 11:46 AM #47
BMW M3 late E36 series, 98-99.... pure sex... manual only
2006-06-20, 1:16 PM #48
indeed.

2006-06-20, 1:47 PM #49
Heres some choices I would consider, based on ones I have had experiences with:

Chrysler:
You could get a Dodge charger without the Hemi, still a very nice car, but kinda bulky I think.

GM:
I've heard good things about Saturn IONs, maybe consider one of them. GM's cookie cutter midsize's (Impala, Monte, Prix, etc) are a bit dated but can be had loaded for a very fine price these days.

Ford:
If I had 25K to use on a car I'd probably try and get a Ford 500 with CVT, those things amaze me. Also you can't go wrong with a new Mustang. Don't underestimate the V6, its still very quick. If you want the extra room, consider a Crown Vic, they are incredibly well priced for what you get, RWD V8, but not many people like them. Very easy to see insane deals on these at dealerships.

Imports:
I don't know too much about the different import models, but from what I've seen they are probably the best of the FWD sedans. I would seriously consider Toyota. Im a Ford prick, but Toyotas are good cars.

Hope it helps.
2006-06-20, 1:48 PM #50
Warehouse has pretty good advice, though I'm not a fan of Ford, unless it's a pickup.

But a Chevy Monte Carlo or Impala would be awesome...

2006-06-20, 4:33 PM #51
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
*coughcamrycough*

Just finished with a camry. Good, solid car, but plain and im burned out on camry's.
2006-06-20, 4:41 PM #52
Ok its come down to a few choices:
(And just to clarify, i do not want an old or used car/muscle car/ whatever you guys pointed out)

I normally dont like trucks but someone pointed out the Nissan Titan:
[http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/04.best.residual.value/04.nissan.titan.500.jpg]
Looks nice, and has power. Ive checked a few out at local dealers and they all have nice interiors for the prices too. Its practical since I will be going to college next year but even though I just said this does not mean I require a large vehicle for transporting stuff so on to the next car:

Nissan 350z:
[http://www.autodoplnky.cz/picture/novinky_tuning_foto/00_rok_2005/06_10_2005_nissan_350z/1.jpg]
Little small, but looks like pure sex.

Acura TL:
[http://pics.hoobly.com/full/FJXF54677CSV.jpg]
This is probably what im going to go for. Very nice car, I like the way it looks. Inside is beautiful. I've checked out someones down the street and it has surprising comfortability in terms of space for passengers and ect. Pretty quick as well if I get the V6 standard (automatic is for failures).

Range rover:
[http://www.autosieger.de/as_car-images/landrover/rangerover_2006_vs_3.jpg]
Now, Im not amazed at the way they look but everyone around me says I HAVE to take a look at these for a choice of SUV. They say its a great vehicle, yada yada yada. My parents insist I get one (however, I believe they are much more than 25,000? Have to look in to this car).

So make suggestions as to which car I should go for or make suggestions for other cars now that you know kind of the style i am going for.
2006-06-20, 4:48 PM #53
if you go for an SUV, take a look at the Nissan X-Terra. i normally dont like SUVs, but i got one as a rental when i totaled my first car, and i just loved to drive it.

roomy back seat too, if you know what i mean. ;)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-20, 4:54 PM #54
For all your photo gear right?
2006-06-20, 5:04 PM #55
*cough* erm....yes...>.> ... thats exactly what i meant... <.< ... *cough*
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-20, 5:05 PM #56
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Not to mention, classic cars beat the crap out of your new BS cars.

True that, figured that out when I bumped into that Ford Taurus in my high school's parking lot (its an extremely tight lot to park in, especially in a large vehicle). My car (a 1973 Ford LTD) took no damage (not even a scratch)... but, eh, the other car took $550 worth of damage... oops? :o
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2006-06-20, 5:14 PM #57
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Just finished with a camry. Good, solid car, but plain and im burned out on camry's.

plain? My camry wasn't plain... v6 engine gives you decent power, heated leather seats, 6-disc cd changer, sun/moon room, power windows/locks/seats...

It was awesome.

(and an Acura TL would be a good choice)

2006-06-20, 5:55 PM #58
Ive heard good things about the RX-8, but im not aware of a four door version.

Annnd... what about an Audi A4?

OR HOW ABOUT

A Mitsu Evo 3.

Although, im just saying things, I know nothing about those cars.
2006-06-20, 6:08 PM #59
The RX-8 has overlapping doors, with the rear doors being rear-hinged, so they can only open when the front door is opened, much like lots of trucks.

My roommate has one, not really my cup of tea though.

But I drive a 2002 Ford Taurus SES... She's quite roomy, haha.
2006-06-20, 6:12 PM #60
yeah, that'd be good..

except it's a ford taurus.

:p

2006-06-20, 7:25 PM #61
And I would be inclined to disagree.

Post-2000 design that looks 1000x better than any of the previous designs in my opinion (plus the spoiler on it makes it looks surprisingly better), 200 hp 3.0L V6, so power isn't a problem, good gas mileage for its size, moon roof, leather interior, and all the other crap in the sport model.

Plus, it's good enough for Conan O'Brien. =P
2006-06-20, 7:26 PM #62
Two words: Saturn Sky

Gorgeous, sporty, economical, reliable. Starts at roughly $20K.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2006-06-21, 6:41 AM #63
I still say you go for one of these, 04 or 05 Subaru Impreza WRX. AWD so they're safe and have incredible handling. Pretty quick in a straight line, too.

Hawt.
Attachment: 12551/wrx.jpg (37,504 bytes)
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!