Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → DS Lite?
DS Lite?
2006-06-27, 12:16 AM #41
Ok, I think the winners are:

DS Lite (White)
Meteos
Metroid
A.N. Other (maybe)

Roll on pay day!
2006-06-27, 5:03 AM #42
Ok, next question: I've got wireless internet at home set up - is it simple enough to use this to access all the online gubbins?
2006-06-27, 6:38 AM #43
Yes. (Think about NEW Super Mario Bros or Mario Kart for a third game :p)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-27, 6:41 AM #44
Just because I feel like contibuting, here are the games I have (and yeah, I like 'em all):

-Super Mario 64 DS
-Kirby's Canvas Curse
-MarioKart DS
-Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Unfortunately, I have nothing else as of now :(
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-06-27, 8:55 AM #45
I took my Lite back for a new one.

The new one's hinge is exactly the same. So apparently, the Lite's hinge IS quite loose, and I'm the only one who's bothered by it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-06-27, 9:08 AM #46
Originally posted by Krokodile:
..and I'm the only one who's bothered by it.

I am surprised. ;)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-27, 9:12 AM #47
Quote:
The new one's hinge is exactly the same. So apparently, the Lite's hinge IS quite loose, and I'm the only one who's bothered by it.

I think you may be insane. Mine won't move unless I really shake it hard or jump around.
2006-06-27, 9:27 AM #48
I AM insane, but that has nothing to do with this.

also, it doesn't move unless I shake my hands a little or something.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-06-28, 5:23 AM #49
Ordered!

I went for a black one (Thanks Yoshi) in the end, bundled with Metroid, Brain age and a cleaning kit for £130.

Hopefully it'll be arriving at work tomorrow :D
2006-06-28, 6:44 AM #50
ordered from where mister silly man?
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-06-28, 6:52 AM #51
From GAME actually. Random.

Online shopping is toooooo easy. I'm going to go out and buy Avance Wars: Dual Strike too once my system arrives...
2006-06-28, 6:59 AM #52
I've been interested in Animal Crossing for the DS, but I'm confused as to what makes it so great. Seems the GC version was hugely popular on these boards, and everyone was looking forward to the DS port, so it must do something right, but it seems that it is just a village simulation. Am I missing something fundamental about the gameplay? Are there quests or anything like that?

Also, has anyone heard anything more about Opera coming out for the DS? I was disappointed that there wasn't any form of browser bundled on the stock OS. I'm uneasy about following the instructions for loading it up with Linux. Has anyone done it? Any tales to tell?
2006-06-28, 8:15 AM #53
Dunno, it didn't look appealing to me:

In other news - SHIPPED!

I should have it first thing in the morning at this rate!
2006-06-28, 8:19 AM #54
Originally posted by Giraffe:
Am I missing something fundamental about the gameplay?

its a noodle-sim

you noodle around doing random stuff.

its fun, and relaxing.
2006-06-28, 8:30 AM #55
Originally posted by Brian:
I can't find the castlevania game at any local store :(

Originally posted by Darth:
They definitely didn't produce enough copies of Castlevania. Every retail store I've been to doesn't have it, and every web site I've checked has it backordered.

Amazon.com seems to have it here.

I've been interested in Animal Crossing for the DS, but I'm confused as to what makes it so great. Seems the GC version was hugely popular on these boards, and everyone was looking forward to the DS port, so it must do something right, but it seems that it is just a village simulation. Am I missing something fundamental about the gameplay? Are there quests or anything like that?

No, there really aren't any quests per se, aside from delivering items for the towns people. In general, Animal Crossing is one of those love it or hate it things. It's a casual game through and through, and might just not be your kind of game. Perhaps go online and see if that aspect intrigues you.

Also, has anyone heard anything more about Opera coming out for the DS? I was disappointed that there wasn't any form of browser bundled on the stock OS. I'm uneasy about following the instructions for loading it up with Linux. Has anyone done it? Any tales to tell?

Oprah is coming out in the next few weeks in Japan, and a US release shouldn't be far behind. Keep in mind though that the browser uses a DS cartridge for the browser and a GBA cartridge for caching and firmware upgrades, so the complete package will run you $35.

Originally posted by Martyn:
Right, I'm about sold: I just need a couple of games to invest in...

-New Super Mario Bros.
Note: I can recommend this to pretty much anyone.

-Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Note: Timeless Castleroid style gameplay. Love the soul collecting system.

-Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Note: Great turn based strategy game.

-Mario Kart DS
-Racing game. Mario Kart. That should give you a good idea of what to expect here.

-Kirby: Canvas Curse
Note: Original platformer with some great ideas (namely, full stylus control to draw paths for Kirby to "roll" to). NSMB is the better platformer, but this is a good game nonetheless.

-Meteos
Note: Excellent puzle game. Puzzle game is the key here. You may or may not like it because of the genre.

-Metroid Prime: Hunters
Note: Only get this if you have a multiplayer WiFi connection. Singleplayer is only alright.

-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Note: Quirky little game that gets a lot of love from people who've played it. IN STOCK FOR A LIMITE TIME ONLY. Here. Now or never.

-Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
Note: Turn-based Age of Empires. Fun, if a bit repetetive and complex on later stages.

-Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Note: Quirky fun little game to train your brain. Comes with Sudoku built-in as well.

Also, look forward to the following this year:

Zelda (late 2006)
Castlevania: Portraits of Ruin (October)
Final Fantasy 3 Remake in full 3D (September)
Yoshi's Island 2 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 (2006)
Star Fox: Command (August)
2006-06-28, 9:25 AM #56
Quote:
Final Fantasy 3 Remake in full 3D (September)

*Twitch*

I must have it.

*Eye twitch, twitch*

(That's going to be awesome, I'm loving the game right now, playing it on an emulator.)
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-28, 9:27 AM #57
hey martyn, you should have a check into some GBA games, theres an awesome back catalogue right there.
2006-06-28, 9:45 AM #58
Plan Stan.

I shall indeed have a peruse...
2006-06-28, 9:50 AM #59
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
(That's going to be awesome, I'm loving the game right now, playing it on an emulator.)

OMQ WAREZ! MB get the mutha ****in banstick and lock this thread before all hell breaks loose!!

i kid, i kid :ninja:
2006-06-28, 10:52 AM #60
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
*Twitch*

I must have it.

*Eye twitch, twitch*

Final Fantasy 3 was for the NES. Final Fantasy 6 was for the SNES, and was relabelled as 3 in the US. Just so you know.

Nice choices Martyn, and I'd suggest looking at Animal Crossing if you were ever interested in The Sims but didn't like the complexity. Not only that, but ONLINE!

I think you'd rather like it, to be honest (and if not it may just give Izzy a reason to use the system ;))
D E A T H
2006-06-28, 11:11 AM #61
I never got the Sims to be honest: I reckon I've got enough to be getting on with at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind :)
2006-06-28, 11:13 AM #62
Sounds good :)
D E A T H
2006-06-28, 11:15 AM #63
I will be keeping an eye out for Final Fantasy games though: I've only played 8 and 9 (I didn't get into 9 so much) ;)
2006-06-28, 11:24 AM #64
Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are out (FF: Origins I think) for the GBA, which you can play on your Lite, and I am pretty sure FF4 is out too (dunno under what name though).
D E A T H
2006-06-28, 11:28 AM #65
animal crossing is good if you wanna play a game without having any sort of extreme thought or time constraints.... you can just... play it.

its awesome.
2006-06-28, 4:44 PM #66
Trauma Center?
It's getting a reprint, you know...
Preorder it ASAP

Also, Opera DS on July 27th. Import from japan because it's built in with an english keyboard option.

Also, no damn Trauma Center in this whole thread?
w.t.f.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2006-06-29, 2:30 AM #67
RAWR.

IT'S CHARGING!
2006-06-29, 3:38 AM #68
Originally posted by Martyn:
Ordered!

I went for a black one (Thanks Yoshi) in the end, bundled with Metroid, Brain age and a cleaning kit for £130.

Hopefully it'll be arriving at work tomorrow :D

Are you in the US and had to import, if so how much was the shipping? And could you provide a link to where you ordered it, I have no clue what GAME is.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-06-29, 3:49 AM #69
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]Trauma Center?
It's getting a reprint, you know...
Preorder it ASAP

Also, Opera DS on July 27th. Import from japan because it's built in with an english keyboard option.

Also, no damn Trauma Center in this whole thread?
w.t.f.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you totally need to stop taking 3-4 month breaks from the computer. Get back on AIM you dirty pirate with my name.
D E A T H
2006-06-29, 4:24 AM #70
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Are you in the US and had to import, if so how much was the shipping? And could you provide a link to where you ordered it, I have no clue what GAME is.

Nope, I am a BRITASSIAN
2006-06-29, 5:00 AM #71
Mine should arrive tommorrow! ^_^
Flickr Twitter
2006-06-29, 6:29 AM #72
Originally posted by Detty:
Mine should arrive tommorrow! ^_^

Ooooooooooooh.

It's awesome, so Detty should be happy :D

Which games are you getting for it?
2006-06-29, 7:26 AM #73
I got exactly the same bundle as the Martyn
Flickr Twitter
2006-06-29, 7:33 AM #74
Rock.

(<3 speaking in the 3rd person)
2006-06-29, 2:14 PM #75
Boooooo.

It really doesn't want to connect to my wireless network. Most upsetting.

I'll have a further play at the weekend to try and get it online.
2006-06-29, 2:58 PM #76
http://www.nintendowifi.com/ that site will give you the download you need to connect.
2006-06-29, 9:40 PM #77
It hasn't told me I need to download anything!

:psyduck:

So confused!
2006-06-29, 9:43 PM #78
http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/gettingStarted.do
2006-06-29, 11:00 PM #79
Use your words SAJN! Help a poor MANTRAIN!

:psyduck: :psyduck:
2006-06-30, 7:11 AM #80
Hover over tech support and click on getting started. It will ask you a few questions and it will tell you how to connect with the setup you have.

↑ Up to the top!