Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spiderman 3 teaser
Spiderman 3 teaser
2006-06-28, 2:44 PM #41
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
I don't remember much about Lizzy other than he was a professor. What's up with the one arm?

he spliced his DNA with Lizard DNA so that he could grow his arm back. it worked, but only when he was pissed and he turned into a lizard.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-28, 2:47 PM #42
I don't remember much about Lizzy other than he was a professor. What's up with the one arm?

Basically he lost one of his arms in some kind of accident (don't remember the details). Started experimenting on himself with lizard DNA to try and see if he could get his arm to grow back. Something went wrong and *bang* he's a giant lizard.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-28, 4:55 PM #43
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
he actually plays a role in SM 2. He's the professor at the college Peter Parker is going to, and he gets on Peter's case for not getting his assignments in on time. (and he only has one arm :D)

"Brillant, but lazy."

I think he told Doc Oct that line, which Doc then tells Peter.
2006-06-28, 5:20 PM #44
Maybe it's just me, but that was underwhelming. The only interesting part looks to be sandman. The rest will be lackluster acting that doesn't apply to the scene by Toby and Kirsten, more odd storyline twists to fit the movie's agenda, completely out of place casting like Topher Grace as god damned venom, and the same odd paced plot revealing that takes place in the other movies.

I'll be honest and say that I'm putting the 3 movies up to high expectations, but nothing at all about it seems right. I'm not so picky as to want every last thing to be like the comics, but very little is. The movie very rarely feels like spiderman to me, and constantly feels holywoodified. The constant one liners from spidey are sorely missed (We do get it sometimes, but rarely.)

Toby can't act no matter what movie he's in, either. Dunst isn't as horrible, but she seems REALLY poor in this movie. Topher Grace I will NEVER understand.

I do, however, really like the well timed comedy in the movies. The CGI is also very very well done, and combines real live actors with CGI when apropriet instead of taking the easier rout in some scenes. The cinematography is also very well done. The fighting is probably the best part, though. That's the most spiderman-feeling part. Because of these things I do like, I have to see 3 and am excited.

Also: I FREAKING HATE APPLE SITES FOR MOVIE PREVIEWS!

Use the You-Tube version.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-28, 5:32 PM #45
Yes I agree, everything outside the spidey action scenes / Jonah scenes I disliked. MJ is worse than Padme in the original trilogy and yeah I don't like the choice for venom.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-06-28, 6:42 PM #46
you're too picky Kirbs.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-28, 6:59 PM #47
Ebert and Kirby give this trailer two thumbs down. Definately not one of this summer's 'must-see' trailers.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-28, 8:52 PM #48
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Dunst isn't as horrible, but she seems REALLY poor in this movie.

You can tell that from a 30 second teaser trailer?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-28, 11:05 PM #49
God forbid I be picky with my movies. You're right: Expectations are for people who require justification for spending money.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-28, 11:06 PM #50
You can tell that from a 30 second teaser trailer?

Sorry, I meant "These" movies.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-29, 1:20 AM #51
Also: I FREAKING HATE APPLE SITES FOR MOVIE PREVIEWS!

Use the You-Tube version.

Better yet, download the trailer directly: http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/spider-man_3-tsr_h640w.mov
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-29, 5:23 AM #52
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Looks like some clothing and what looks like a bulletproof vest to me.

No mask or anything.

watch it frame by frame where he flies by the camera. as in once you see his short clip, arrow <-- and--> until you see a frame of his face in focus.
2006-06-29, 11:21 AM #53
Attachment: 12699/spidermanclip.jpg (19,817 bytes)
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-06-29, 11:53 AM #54
Ah, see I didn't frame by frame that bit, I did it with the bit when he hits the wall just after peter jumps out the way.
nope.
2006-06-29, 12:19 PM #55
God forbid I be picky with my movies. You're right: Expectations are for people who require justification for spending money.

It's just funny because you reviewed a trailer.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-29, 1:12 PM #56
I was talking about all 3 of the movies. Sorry I had forgot to point out that obvious fact.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-29, 4:03 PM #57
Quote:
I was talking about all 3 of the movies. Sorry I had forgot to point out that obvious fact.

Quote:
Dunst isn't as horrible, but she seems REALLY poor in this movie.

I'm not trying to get on your case here, but come on...it's funny.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-29, 4:07 PM #58
I'm not a big fan of Kirsten Dunst, but I think she's actually done pretty good in these movies (which is better than I'll usually say for her).

↑ Up to the top!