Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Vodka!
Vodka!
2006-06-30, 10:13 AM #1
Oh, the horrible, transparent, russian piss.

What's Massassi's take on it?
nope.
2006-06-30, 10:19 AM #2
It's disgusting, and has formed the basis of one of my few bad drinking experiences.
2006-06-30, 10:22 AM #3
It tastes like water to me, so technically I don't really dislike it (water's neat), but people tend to overrate it.

I prefer Mozart liquor.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-30, 10:26 AM #4
Ich.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-06-30, 10:39 AM #5
It'll get ya drunk. You'll be ****in fat chicks in no time. You might even fight a n**** or two. MMmm Mmmm *****.
D E A T H
2006-06-30, 10:40 AM #6
i only like it in mudslides, its too strong straight. but then again I dont like most alcohol's straight up
2006-06-30, 10:43 AM #7
vodka is the best buzz in the world.

**** everything else, i'll take vodka.
2006-06-30, 10:44 AM #8
Depends on the brand.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-30, 10:45 AM #9
The great thing about vodka is the burn going down. Other types of alcohol hurt going down. Vodka feels like the sunshine on a warm day.

(and for brands, Absolut ftw)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-30, 10:49 AM #10
Vodka with tabasco is the best drink ever.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-06-30, 10:49 AM #11
To me, it's like drinking rubbing alcohol.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-30, 10:59 AM #12
Brand makes a big difference.
I'll buy and drink smirnoff any time.
Will only drink other brands when mixed and then only when I don't have any smirnoff.
2006-06-30, 12:15 PM #13
Well, I voted no, because I don't buy it. But I have drank it sometimes, when offered.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-06-30, 12:24 PM #14
i prefer tequila.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-30, 12:56 PM #15
A bit of vodka on a 1:1 ration with coconut water goes down quite nicely.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-06-30, 1:32 PM #16
Brand makes difference because expensive ones are filtered better/more often. I just like cheap **** run through a Britta filter a dozen times. It does work, really.

...or I just like something with flavor.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-06-30, 2:23 PM #17
Grey Goose for the win.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-06-30, 2:28 PM #18
it's my least favorite hard liqour.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-30, 5:16 PM #19
I vote yes, provided it's mixed into something. Straight vodka is a poor choice at best.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-06-30, 5:16 PM #20
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
To me, it's like drinking rubbing alcohol.

Meaning you like it?

I like it, too.

Though sometimes ... :psyduck:
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-30, 5:19 PM #21
Vodka is loverly. The only problem is with cheap vodka, which gives me hellish hangovers.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-06-30, 5:49 PM #22
Vodka's made of Potatoes. Amazing.
Hey, is there such a thing as liquor made from Carrots? I was coming up with stuff for a story, and got to foods and drinks and whatnot, and I wanted something out-of-left field to sorta represent the traditional human smuggler drink, and thought that "Carrot Wine" sounded like a perfect one. So, is there really wine/beer/liquor/etc made from Carrots?

-I figured opium would be an ideal "secret ingredient" in such a cocktail, to make it more illicit.
2006-06-30, 5:55 PM #23
Originally posted by Achelois:
The only problem is with cheap vodka, which gives me hellish hangovers.

Your imagination gives you hellish hangovers. Alcohol dehydrates you, which results in a hangover. The quality of the beverage has absolutely no effect.
2006-06-30, 6:01 PM #24
Mix it with orange juice. Screwdriver FTW
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-06-30, 6:02 PM #25
On ice.

FINLANDIA
ABSOLUT
SMIRNOFF BLUE

Happy.
2006-06-30, 9:12 PM #26
Ciroc vodka is the best vodka, hands-down. It's smooth, tastes the best, and it's made from grapes.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-30, 9:29 PM #27
Originally posted by Jarl:
Vodka's made of Potatoes. Amazing.
Hey, is there such a thing as liquor made from Carrots? I was coming up with stuff for a story, and got to foods and drinks and whatnot, and I wanted something out-of-left field to sorta represent the traditional human smuggler drink, and thought that "Carrot Wine" sounded like a perfect one. So, is there really wine/beer/liquor/etc made from Carrots?

-I figured opium would be an ideal "secret ingredient" in such a cocktail, to make it more illicit.

Most vodka you'll find is made from grain, actually. Grey Goose, Absolut, Smirnoff, etc. are all made from wheat. Chopin's the only vodka I can think of offhand that's actually made from potatoes.

I've had many a shot of cheap vodka in my day, and while I can stand the tastes, it's worth shelling out a little more to get something more tolerable.
2006-06-30, 9:31 PM #28
Seeing as I really enjoy Bloody Caesars, I'm in.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-30, 9:33 PM #29
Пионеры там идут, песни Ленину поют.

[Редактируйте:] Также я не делаю Питье водочки
2006-06-30, 10:54 PM #30
Seriously, though, boozehound, is there carrot alcohol?

-I guess, with the opium, it would be Carrot Laudanum, wouldn't it? Sounds kinky.
2006-06-30, 10:57 PM #31
Originally posted by Jarl:
Seriously, though, boozehound, is there carrot alcohol?

-I guess, with the opium, it would be Carrot Laudanum, wouldn't it? Sounds kinky.

Будет спиртом моркови?

Err...what is carrot alcohol?
2006-06-30, 11:09 PM #32
Well, there are carbohydrates in carrots (although not as much as in stuff like potatoes, grapes, and grains), so I guess you could ferment them and make something... I'm sure people have tried it before, but I doubt it's something that's very common... Probably not very good, lol. And it would yield less alcohol than the more common bases for alcohol.
2006-06-30, 11:13 PM #33
So I guess it would primarily be opium.

-Fits the story.
2006-07-01, 12:26 AM #34
Originally posted by Achelois:
Vodka is loverly. The only problem is with cheap vodka, which gives me hellish hangovers.

That's the problem. You either need the good stuff or another liqour. Good Vodka is great, but it's far more expensive. Not really worth it when you can get a decent tequila, whiskey or rum that has the same effect.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-01, 4:17 AM #35
Originally posted by Emon:
Your imagination gives you hellish hangovers. Alcohol dehydrates you, which results in a hangover. The quality of the beverage has absolutely no effect.

Tell that to a vintager.

They measure the amount of fusel in the beverage, which gives you the headache most of the time, AFAIK. A real vintager could tell you better.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-01, 9:22 AM #36
Originally posted by Emon:
Brand makes difference because expensive ones are filtered better/more often. I just like cheap **** run through a Britta filter a dozen times. It does work, really.

...or I just like something with flavor.

Mythbusters busted that one. It doesn't make the vodka any better.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-01, 9:28 AM #37
i'll unbust it, i've tried it and i can tell you that it takes turpentine burn off of cheap vodka.
2006-07-01, 9:35 AM #38
I like it pure when I'm in a bad mood, but usually I drink it mixed with energy drink. :v:
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-01, 9:37 AM #39
Originally posted by Impi:
Tell that to a vintager.

They measure the amount of fusel in the beverage, which gives you the headache most of the time, AFAIK. A real vintager could tell you better.

o rly? I'll look into that. I just distrust what most people say about what alcohols give them hangovers, because often they drink such a variety of stuff in one night that there are WAY too many variables to come to a conclusion.
2006-07-01, 9:37 AM #40
Vodka is a filler! HEATHENS!
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!