Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Vodka!
Vodka!
2006-07-01, 9:47 AM #41
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i'll unbust it, i've tried it and i can tell you that it takes turpentine burn off of cheap vodka.[/QUOTE]

Well... They had a 'professional' vodka tester, the best in the world or something and he said there was no difference. They did a blind taste test and he ordered them the same from crappy to best, before and after filtering.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-01, 11:31 AM #42
People have tried it, and it's true, Sol. I think the "taste tester" just can't tell the difference between REALLY crappy vodka, and decently crappy vodka.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 11:42 AM #43
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i'll unbust it, i've tried it and i can tell you that it takes turpentine burn off of cheap vodka.[/QUOTE]

That could just be the vodka is exposed to the air more, so more alcohol just leaves the vodka.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-07-01, 12:44 PM #44
Originally posted by Impi:
Tell that to a vintager.

They measure the amount of fusel in the beverage, which gives you the headache most of the time, AFAIK. A real vintager could tell you better.

I'm skeptical about this. Vodka barely has any fusel in it regardless of brand, so the difference in this regard between good and bad vodkas would likely be pretty miniscule.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-07-01, 3:32 PM #45
Skye, Absolut or Grey Goose. Mixed strong (half and half) with Red Bull or Monster. Straight up if it just came out of the freezer.

I'm more of a rum guy, though.

Nothing beats liquid cocaine shots, though. 1:1 Goldschlager and Jagermeister, take a deep breath after swallowing. Goes right to your head.
2006-07-01, 5:08 PM #46
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]I'm skeptical about this. Vodka barely has any fusel in it regardless of brand, so the difference in this regard between good and bad vodkas would likely be pretty miniscule.[/QUOTE]
Could be. I only certainly know it about wine.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!