Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Happy Canada Day!
Happy Canada Day!
2006-07-01, 12:25 PM #1
Canada is 139 years old today. Let us celebrate with fireworks* and beer!

*"fireworks" includes that shuttle launch in 20 minutes*
Stuff
2006-07-01, 12:32 PM #2
Originally posted by kyle90:
*"fireworks" includes that shuttle launch in 20 minutes*

Which is in AMERICA, not CANADA. :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-01, 12:33 PM #3
Another thread of this?

Oh well, happy day.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-01, 12:36 PM #4
Originally posted by Echoman:
Which is in AMERICA, not CANADA. :v:

Well now it's on.

You mofo.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-01, 12:37 PM #5
Originally posted by Tracer:
Well now it's on.

You mofo.

Oh no. Canada is going to send Tracer, "the one-man army....literally"! :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-01, 12:49 PM #6
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Another thread of this?

Oh well, happy day.

:confused:

This is the only one I can see. Unless you mean the ones I've made in previous years.
Stuff
2006-07-01, 2:18 PM #7
I'm still getting over my hangover from the 24th. :psyduck:
2006-07-01, 3:28 PM #8
Originally posted by Tracer:
Well now it's on.

You mofo.

OH GOD, THE CANADIAN COAST GUARD IS TAKING OVER OUR PORTS!

[http://www.code7r.org/Bintoons/canadian_navy.jpg]
2006-07-01, 3:37 PM #9
I didn't know Canada had a military until a few days ago :psyduck:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-07-01, 4:05 PM #10
It's composed primarily of bears...that's why.
2006-07-01, 4:06 PM #11
lol canada joke lol.
2006-07-01, 4:07 PM #12
Hey! Don't call Canada a joke!

:ninja:
2006-07-01, 5:06 PM #13
That's a big gun...
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-01, 5:09 PM #14
Yeah, and we have at least one, so step off.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-01, 5:12 PM #15
[quote=kyle 90]Happy Canada Day![/quote]
You forgot the "Nuke".

Hehe, "space shuttle".
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 5:12 PM #16
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]image[/QUOTE]
If each coast guard member had one of these they really would be a force to be reckoned with.
2006-07-01, 5:21 PM #17
Actually our navy's ships look like this. You can't see guns because they are guided missile frigates, with incorporated Phalanx CIWS systems and depth charges. They are also all equipped with Sea King helicopters. Our navy - consisting mainly of frigates, as I mentioned - is designed to combat submarines and battleships/battlecruisers. It's obsolete (because the battleship and battlecruiser are no longer the backbone of most surface navies) but not nearly as obsolete as most people think.

From right to left: HMCS Algonquin, HMCS Protecteur, HMCS St. John's.
Attachment: 12735/MARCOM_ships.jpg (71,868 bytes)
2006-07-01, 5:22 PM #18
Bah! Pansies.
2006-07-01, 5:29 PM #19
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Actually our navy's ships look like this. You can't see guns because they are guided missile frigates, with incorporated Phalanx CIWS systems and depth charges. They are also all equipped with Sea King helicopters. Our navy - consisting mainly of frigates, as I mentioned - is designed to combat submarines and battleships/battlecruisers. It's obsolete (because the battleship and battlecruiser are no longer the backbone of most surface navies) but not nearly as obsolete as most people think.

From right to left: HMCS Algonquin, HMCS Protecteur, HMCS St. John's.

How cute, the Canadian navy in its entirety.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 5:35 PM #20
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]How cute, the Canadian navy in its entirety.[/QUOTE]

That picture is also to scale.
2006-07-01, 5:47 PM #21
if canada wants the upper hand, just blow up a harbor or a skyscraper, then america will cry for as long as you live.

i think it might mean they can dish it out but they can't take it?
2006-07-01, 5:54 PM #22
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]if canada wants the upper hand, just blow up a harbor or a skyscraper, then america will cry for as long as you live.

i think it might mean they can dish it out but they can't take it?[/QUOTE]
...And then proceed to wage a long, drawn out, unprecedentedly lame war on your country where your government will collapse in on itself and the US finds itself in a position to remake your government.

Yeah...no.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 5:56 PM #23
at least the scenery will change, desert wars are getting a wee bland now.
2006-07-01, 6:02 PM #24
I wonder how many people ACTUALLY thinks our navy is super tiny? It's not some mega force, but it's still decent. We don't need it because everyone likes us.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-01, 6:05 PM #25
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]I wonder how many people ACTUALLY thinks our navy is super tiny? It's not some mega force, but it's still decent. We don't need it because everyone likes us.[/QUOTE]
Awww, the first Canadian getting defensive about their military might.

How cute.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 6:11 PM #26
but generally, does a yank who gets into a military might discussion have some other sort of issue at hand? considering the yanks are the hardest nation in the world?

(well, i assume america was solid.... i always thought they could win a fight against the rest of the world.. is this true? or arent you that hard yet?)
2006-07-01, 6:37 PM #27
Against the world? No. God no. A standing army of one million plus in China, not to mention the technologies that they could transport those troops with...just no.

But anyone who takes anything about the military as more than a joke needs their head checked. I think it's funny when Canadians get all uppity about their military. Like they never joke about ours and our imperialism come July 4th. Hypocrites are fun.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 6:46 PM #28
Obviously not, because we the rest of the world isn't in some lazy *** government, and some of us are still concerned about our health instead of being obese and riding around in cars instead of walking.

Damn burgerboys, take that stick out of your ***.

Also, I *NEVER* joke about your military. It's big, yes. That's it. No jokes, nothing. I don't care if you're patriotic, and never have. In fact, I don't know ANYONE who says "Oh, damn Americans, celebrating their country's day. How silly."

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-01, 6:55 PM #29
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Obviously not, because we the rest of the world isn't in some lazy *** government, and some of us are still concerned about our health instead of being obese and riding around in cars instead of walking.

Damn burgerboys, take that stick out of your ***.

Also, I *NEVER* joke about your military. It's big, yes. That's it. No jokes, nothing. I don't care if you're patriotic, and never have. In fact, I don't know ANYONE who says "Oh, damn Americans, celebrating their country's day. How silly."[/QUOTE]
I know quite a few canadians, and they all tell me to "go kill some more Iraqis" when I say something about July 4th. Most of these are from Toronto, etc.

Pulling the obese card eh? It has nothing to do with our government, but okay. That's neat.

And maybe you haven't seen anything making fun of Americans on July 4th, and maybe you haven't done it yourself (I consider this quite the extreme hyperbole, but for the sake of reason, let's assume that you're not lying), what about the other 364 days of the year? You definitely can't say you don't do it then.

Get the stick out of YOUR ***. Seriously, you act as if I'm insulting your penis length or something. You're 15 and I'm talking about your military, something with which you have absolutely no affiliation except that they "protect and serve" your country (though I don't recall Canada ever being actively attacked, save before it was actually established as a country). You Canucks take things way too seriously.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 7:00 PM #30
yeah yoshi has a point there, the whole friggin world makes jokes about america.

they're currently the most popular nation on the planet, how can they *not* be lampooned on one front or another?
2006-07-01, 7:14 PM #31
I had a whole long post, but the whole thing was pretty much the same thing over and over.

Why the **** are you so ignorant?

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-01, 7:16 PM #32
This will end badly.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-01, 7:28 PM #33
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]I had a whole long post, but the whole thing was pretty much the same thing over and over.

Why the **** are you so ignorant?[/QUOTE]
Oh good one. I'm ignorant because I made a joke at the Canadian military's expense. Because everyone who makes a joke at anyone's expense is ignorant.

REMEMBER KIDS, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS KEEPS THE WORLD GOING ROUND!
Attachment: 12771/fef6dc84.jpg (46,817 bytes)
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 7:34 PM #34
"And maybe you haven't seen anything making fun of Americans on July 4th, and maybe you haven't done it yourself (I consider this quite the extreme hyperbole, but for the sake of reason, let's assume that you're not lying), what about the other 364 days of the year? You definitely can't say you don't do it then."

Ignorance. I don't make fun of Americans, unless provoked.

"You're 15 and I'm talking about your military" Also ignorance. I'm 16. You'd know this if you'd have looked at my profile. The information is right there.

"BS about hypocracy" Ignorance. I'm not a hypocrite.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-01, 7:47 PM #35
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]"And maybe you haven't seen anything making fun of Americans on July 4th, and maybe you haven't done it yourself (I consider this quite the extreme hyperbole, but for the sake of reason, let's assume that you're not lying), what about the other 364 days of the year? You definitely can't say you don't do it then."

Ignorance. I don't make fun of Americans, unless provoked.[/quote]
I didn't ask if you were provoked or not. You do it regardless. And it's called "poking fun". I'm not making fun of you guys, I seriously hope you don't take it seriously, yet some of you seem to be stupid enough to, obviously.

[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]"You're 15 and I'm talking about your military" Also ignorance. I'm 16. You'd know this if you'd have looked at my profile. The information is right there.[/quote]
Yeah, I'll admit that's "ignorance". Sorry I don't remember your exact age. Either way, the rest of my comment still stands in truth.

[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]"BS about hypocracy" Ignorance. I'm not a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]
Haha. Sure you aren't.
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 7:48 PM #36
Yay insults.

I'm out.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-01, 7:52 PM #37
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Yay insults.

I'm out.[/QUOTE]
I thought you weren't a hypocrite :v:
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 7:53 PM #38
Why the hell is everyone getting angry? It's all a freakin joke.

I consider America and Canda to be like brothers. Fighting continuously, but still out there for eachother.

And please, don't even pretend to say that no one makes fun of America. Almost every country gets their fair share.
2006-07-01, 7:57 PM #39
America and France moreso than anyone else.

The difference is one of them deserves it. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide who <_<
D E A T H
2006-07-01, 8:03 PM #40
It depends where you come from. Britland is ingrained with a french hatred but the yank thing is a new bad buzz.... i'll say you've picked a bad example there, well from a britland perspective anyway... only problem is with this place is that you need to be forward thinking otherwise you hate everyone.

↑ Up to the top!