Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → you want to touch my poll: do you own a firearm?
you want to touch my poll: do you own a firearm?
2006-07-06, 6:42 AM #1
and what do you have... post pics if you got 'em

also what doesn't qualify as a firearm? if it fires a projectile using expanding gasses from burning powder it counts

so no squirt guns, air guns (this includes paintball and airsoft along with bb/pellet guns), cap guns, pop guns, clicky noise maker toy guns, etc...

i have the following

Mosin Nagant M91/30
[http://jim7.home.insightbb.com/mosin-nagant/37_Izhevsk_91-30.jpg]

Marlin Model 60 (i had to alter gravity to make this picture fit with the other 2 :ninja: )
[http://necropimp.home.insightbb.com/mdl60_s.jpg]

Thompson Center Renegade .54cal
[http://jim7.home.insightbb.com/54.jpg]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-07-06, 6:45 AM #2
I don't, and never will.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-07-06, 6:51 AM #3
Originally posted by Krokodile:
I don't, and never will.

Yeah me neither. Yet another reason I love the country I live in.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-06, 7:00 AM #4
No, I wouldn't like to touch your pole :o
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-06, 7:01 AM #5
[QUOTE=Krokodile and Spork]I don't, and never will.[/QUOTE]Ditto.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-07-06, 7:02 AM #6
I'm planning on getting a handgun license. Ask me again in five years.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-07-06, 7:10 AM #7
No, most likely won't.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-06, 7:11 AM #8
No, never will. And even if I wanted to it's bloody hard to get a firearm liscense in the Uk.
nope.
2006-07-06, 7:26 AM #9
[http://www.buickclub.org/westmich/images/fire3.gif]
"The solution is simple."
2006-07-06, 7:48 AM #10
We've got an old German K-98 rifle, but my digital camera is out of batteries. I'll get a pic up later.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-06, 7:56 AM #11
WHAT IF ZOMBIES INVADED, HUH? WOULD YOU STILL NEVER TOUCH A GUN? HUH? HUH?
2006-07-06, 8:06 AM #12
If zombies invaded, I know what I'd do. Ie'd raid the kitchen of food and sharp things, barricade the upstairs with the scrap wood in the garage and sit tight. I've got very good access to the other houses if I go over the roof, and that isn't too difficult if we move the loft ladder as well.

And as for gunshops themselves... well, the only one I can think of is in Maidstone and without wheels and zombies on the streets, that'll be a little tricky.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-07-06, 8:42 AM #13
I don't (and I live in hillbilly country!), but I'd like to own a 9mm.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-06, 8:48 AM #14
If zombies invaded, I'd get the ketchup bottle, gore myself up and play zombie amongst the zombie-mobs until I could get away to safety.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-06, 8:56 AM #15
Originally posted by Uberslug:

If films have taught me anything, it's that when fighting English zombies the cricket bat is your friend.
2006-07-06, 8:58 AM #16
That movie rocked.
2006-07-06, 9:05 AM #17
Then again

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zmonks/zmonks24.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-06, 9:06 AM #18
I own a shotgun.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-06, 9:16 AM #19
Originally posted by Recusant:
If films have taught me anything, it's that when fighting English zombies the cricket bat is your friend.

Pity that the glaswegian zombies would come armed with their own sticks... Sticks with stanley knifes taped to them.
nope.
2006-07-06, 9:51 AM #20
I have a Kimber 1911 45:

[http://www.gunshopfinder.com/industrynews/stainlesstle_II-beaut.jpg]
2006-07-06, 10:02 AM #21
Originally posted by Uberslug:

As seen in TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, zombies can be dispatched by repeatedly bashing them in the head with a baseball bat.

[http://usera.imagecave.com/Matterialize/frohwned.JPG]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-07-06, 10:09 AM #22
This is my rifle this is my gun, this is for fighting this is for fun.

I don't have a firearm.
2006-07-06, 10:09 AM #23
Originally posted by Simbachu:
I'm planning on getting a handgun license. Ask me again in 10 years.

2006-07-06, 10:09 AM #24
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
Mosin Nagant M91/30

Don't fire that left handed, or at least remember to remove your hand from the grip if you do. I learned that the hard way, and have a scar on the back of my thumb to prove it :o

Can't have firearms in the dorms, so I don't have any yet. I will eventually though. I've got friends that have AK-47s, a really nice Swiss rifle (swear to god, I have never fired a better rifle, wish I knew what it was), a Luger, AR-15, revolvers, etc. Whole bunch of cool stuff. There's enough firearms in their apartment to arm a small country.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-06, 10:20 AM #25
I'd love to have me a Glock or M1 Garand.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-06, 12:55 PM #26
Don't have time to take pictures right now(if this thread is up tommorrow I might have time to do so) but I know we have a couple of 12 gauge pump, a 30-06, a couple .22 rifles, a couple .22 pistols, and a muzzleloader.
No sig.
2006-07-06, 1:03 PM #27
Originally posted by Spork:
Yeah me neither. Yet another reason I love the country I live in.

Wouldn't you rather, you know, have the choice? Then you could pride yourself on choosing not to own a firearm instead of someone else choosing for you. :P

I own a few, most of which are "family owned" (and operated? :P)... Brian's handgun is sexy, I have a 1911 too.
2006-07-06, 1:09 PM #28
I bought a 12-pack of roman candles. By your definition of firearm, they count.
Stuff
2006-07-06, 1:18 PM #29
you need a "I would if I could afford one" option.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-06, 1:23 PM #30
I am in your thread, touching your poll
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-06, 1:23 PM #31
Originally posted by Homicide:
I am in your thread, touching your poll

lmfao

"im in ur base, killin ur d00dz"
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-06, 1:25 PM #32
Pft, weak man's weapons. =D I have no intentions of ever getting a firearm.

And in case of zombie invasion. Oh I'll just outwalk them. I could even get my shopping done with zombies around. Little more than nuances.
Seishun da!
2006-07-06, 1:30 PM #33
yeah? what if they're "Dawn of the Dead" (remake) type zombies? They'll run at you. Then what?

(I guess you could always hire SF_Gold to protect you with his mexican kung-fu gang fighting skills)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-06, 2:06 PM #34
I don't at this point, but I will when I have extra money.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-06, 2:19 PM #35
If there were zombies id' take my dad's gun. but then i'd go out to a gun store and bull lots of guns and bullets. but then again I guess that would depend on the stage of the crisis and if zombies were already overflooding the streets or not
2006-07-06, 2:35 PM #36
Originally posted by saberopus:
Wouldn't you rather, you know, have the choice? Then you could pride yourself on choosing not to own a firearm instead of someone else choosing for you. :P

I have a choice, I could own a firearm if I wanted to. There's just absolutely no need or reason to own a gun in the society I live in.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-06, 2:59 PM #37
I sadly don't own one myself although whenever we go on a cadet's exercise (like next week) there is invariably one of the following with my name on it:

[http://mishilo.image.pbase.com/u38/kevbelcher/large/24979811.005_2A.jpg]

L98-A1 Cadet GP Rifle - a cut down version of the British Army L85 (SA80) restricted to single round fire and with a larger cocking handle. Sounds like a cannon and kicks like a horse, definitely one for the kids. This one is actually a full SA80, best picture I could get, but the ironsight is the same. Not sure why it's leaning on a ration pack, that doesn't look safe to me...

[http://www.project-x.org.uk/images/picsa80lsw05.jpg]

The L86-A1 Light Support Weapon is my preferred bit of kit and I'm one of the lucky few qualified to fire it - real army issue, nothing changed in the slightest. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get to fire one of these bad boys live next week. Fitted with a blank firing attachment it's blissfully quiet and barely climbs.

And on occasion we play with:

[http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/arms/rifles/armbsr/arm614.jpg]

Enfield No. 8; single shot .22 but deadly accurate, I got my marksman's award with this :)

But sadly, indeed, I do not own any of these... neither would I want to actually if I had the choice (except for the No. 8 if fitted with a scope) ... the whole SA80 family is notorious for being heavy and unreliable, and I can vouch for that.
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2006-07-06, 4:25 PM #38
Originally posted by Spork:
There's just absolutely no need or reason to own a gun in the society I live in.

Agreed. And if by some chance the zombie hordes do came a calling, I'll just get myself something pointy to poke them with.
2006-07-06, 6:41 PM #39
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Don't fire that left handed, or at least remember to remove your hand from the grip if you do. I learned that the hard way, and have a scar on the back of my thumb to prove it :o

i always fire right handed... and you can fire a mosin lefty if you don't hold it like a noob

Quote:
a really nice Swiss rifle (swear to god, I have never fired a better rifle, wish I knew what it was)

K31 maybe?

Originally posted by Rerun:
Agreed. And if by some chance the zombie hordes do came a calling, I'll just get myself something pointy to poke them with.

"something pointy" is covered by my mosin

[http://necropimp.home.insightbb.com/bayo.jpg]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-07-06, 6:51 PM #40
I'd love an M1 Grand. I've got an 8mm Mauser and a .22. I want to find some bullets for my dad's anti tank gun.

↑ Up to the top!