Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What Scares you??
What Scares you??
2006-07-07, 10:41 PM #41
Vampires.

But only after I started reading a book about the origins of the Vampire myth... I used to think they were so cool and now I'm scared of the dark... ya, I'm old enough to drink and paranoid to be drunk alone outside in the dark now.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-07-07, 11:22 PM #42
talking to people. i'm afraid i'll make a fool of myself or look bad or something. and i'm always afraid someone will hurt me. emotionally more than physically. physical pain goes away.

at work though, i'm a bit chatty. i think its cause i'm trying to get people to not be afraid of me. ask geb, i'm scary lookin now. ;)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-07-07, 11:29 PM #43
I have to say British accents are quite scary, perhaps in the sense that I haven't heard them outside television that much, but now that I do, it's kinda odd.

Of course I could list some proper fears (like losing someone close due to an external *******) but that would take too much of a thought and letters.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-07, 11:32 PM #44
The fear that I don't live up to my potential.
The fear of confrontation, even to the point of creating massive cognitive dissonance.
The fear of going broke.

Those are my big three. :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-07, 11:49 PM #45
Stuff I don't understand that is (or seems to be) paranormal.
幻術
2006-07-07, 11:50 PM #46
Scutigera coleoptrata.
Attachment: 13048/coleoptrata.jpg (39,199 bytes)
I'm just a little boy.
2006-07-07, 11:56 PM #47
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I'm probably taller than you. I was 5 feet 11 inches when I went for a check up three months ago. And most people around here, are short. I mean REALLY short.

Congratulations.

You're two inches shorter than I am.
2006-07-08, 12:01 AM #48
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
Scutigera coleoptrata.

bahhh *gets the chills* what is that thing! eew
2006-07-08, 12:28 AM #49
well, I have this really uncharacteristic fear of rollercoasters that's really just one of the last childhood fears I haven't gotten over. I'm working on it though, and I've enjoyed the (somewhat tame) ones I've been on. It's more the waiting to get on and the going up the hill that's scary, though I guess that's the case for most people. I'm fine on my way down and after the ride, it's more the problem that I won't actually get on many of them. We're working on it, and I've found that if I sing, it's not as scary (story of my life) so my friend and I have been known to sing full songs a capella complete with harmony parts while riding rollercoasters.

Aside from that, I can't really think of anything I'm afraid of. Odd as it sounds, I absolutely love natural disasters, (though I probably wouldn't feel that way if I had ever been personally affected by one) adore water, usually love heights, and while I'm not a big fan of bugs, they more annoy me than scare me, and occasionally gross me out. I'm pretty good in a crisis, not because I always know what to do, but because I don't ever tend to panic. As weird as it sounds, I really don't think I have any other fears.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-08, 12:47 AM #50
I was in bed and a spider was right behind my head when I finally noticed him. That was a bit unnerving. Does that count? Otherwise, I can't say much scares me. Rejection to some extent, though it's not so much "I'm scared of being rejected," as much as, "I honestly am not going to try because there's always tomorrow and always more girlfriends/friends to be made."
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-08, 2:35 AM #51
The thought of being a victim of Mr. Peppers.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-07-08, 3:20 AM #52
Barnacles.

They scared me big time, and now I habitually avoid anything dangling anywhere.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-07-08, 4:36 AM #53
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
Scutigera coleoptrata.

My mom's house has these once in a while. Bizarre looking but pretty much harmless (not enough poison to harm even small mammals, much less a human).

Don't know if I have any fears really. I don't like going to the dentist or jumping from high places, but that's because both are potentially painful/harmful, so I don't know if they count as irrational fears. Insects, spiders, snakes, etc. have always been more interesting than scary/disgusting. Saw a two inch long cockroach in a cafe once in New Orleans and just watched, fascinated, until it ran away (if they were our size, wouldn't they move at ~200MPH or something like that? amazing).
2006-07-08, 5:12 AM #54
Telephones.

Lesbians.

Full Time Work.

Not be able to go back to University.

Cockney accents.

Horny flamoyant Gay men.

Getting cancer before 40.

oh, and Losing my hair :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-07-08, 5:27 AM #55
Black Holes.

really, even thinking of them for a second scares the ****ing **** out of me, I think they're out to get me, everyday I expect to wake up and see one outside my window sucking up the planet.

That episode of SG1 scared the ****ing **** out of me.

Oh, bald women too.
2006-07-08, 8:34 AM #56
Nothing truly freaks me out to an extreme. I've got fears, but not one that governs all.

Snakes. I just hate the little ****ers. I'll look at them all you want, but I'm not gonna touch that. Definitely my worst fear.

I'm not very claustrophobic. I can handle tight spaces. It's VERY tight spaces where I can't move around I don't like. But I'll take them over snakes.

If something doesn go smoothly like it should, I tend to freak out. I was getting so pissed off last night, I was on the verge of tears. I tried EVERYTHING I could to get the sound working. Called the guy in town, he didn' t know what to do. I was afraid I'd wasted $641.83 of my own money, and the $72 my parents graciously put out for me to get 2k installed on it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-08, 9:24 AM #57
Rejection and failure. Guess that makes me normal.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-08, 9:35 AM #58
hairy women.
Pie.
2006-07-08, 9:37 AM #59
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:
The thought of losing my mind is my greatest fear. My dad's side of the family has a history of mental illness later in life. The Baileys live long lives, but they go insane. I think that a person's mind is the most precious thing he/she can have. To lose one's sanity is a truly terrifying prospect for me.

That's really horrible, the fact that you know it's likely.

My biggest one is a sort of failure/disappointment/embarassement combo, that often stops me trying new things, and makes it hard for me to do a lot of normal, but stressful things (like exams, and I recently discovered, meetings).

I don't like heights in man-made structures (except aeroplanes, strangely), but I'm alright if I'm attached to something natural - like being up a tree on the edge of a cliff.

I am a bit afraid that I'm not capable of having a normal relationship. I end up sabotaging them for no good reason.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-07-08, 10:04 AM #60
Needles and spiders and cancer.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-07-08, 5:19 PM #61
Something slitting my throat, always a paranoia of something flying out slicing me in the throat for some reason. Snakes, sharks (big ones), being alone in a big indoor place or alone out in the night (only certain places), rejection. Man i'm such a pansy.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-08, 6:15 PM #62
I'm probably taller than you. I was 5 feet 11 inches when I went for a check up three months ago. And most people around here, are short. I mean REALLY short.

5'11'' is about average height for a male. And what people round here are REALLY short exactly? Well, besides Imsoshort.
nope.
2006-07-08, 6:29 PM #63
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Needles and spiders and cancer.

2/3 of those are my fears too (not spiders). Esp. since cancer is a family trait and my grandfather died from it :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-08, 7:12 PM #64

I'm 6 foot 2, and I'm still growing. Just turned 16.

My biggest FEAR is dying slowly and painfully or just simply intense pain.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-08, 8:48 PM #65
Spiders are cool. But I'd prefer if they kept there weird little appendages to themselves. I really don't mind snakes. Actually, I really like them. Hights are fine with me as long as I know I won't fall. I'm afraid of being on fire. That seems like it would be pretty stinky.
2006-07-08, 9:15 PM #66
The average height here is 5 feet 6", most people are short, and there are some really tall exceptions here and there. I've learned height doesn't mean anything. But it pisses me off when people think I'm short, black, or some other thing with the intention to offend me, even though they are not ofensive or derrogatory.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-08, 9:24 PM #67
Umm, what?
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-08, 9:46 PM #68
Don't worry.

We just think you're an idiot.
2006-07-08, 9:49 PM #69
I almost borked my laptop earlier today. Losing a year's worth of coding projects would have been really scary.

I'm still kind of frightened because whenever I change to a resolution higher than 640x480, Xserver goes crazy. I'm scared that I'll have to run in 640x480 permanently. Though I think it may just be a driver issue. I'll switch to the standard ATI Radeon drivers from the ATI (fglrx) to see if it helps. I tried the translucency thing, and my laptop just about choked on its own video memory.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-08, 10:14 PM #70
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Ah ha, but she's smarter that you might think at first glance, you have to admit. And when she's not being stupidly controversial just to sell books, I hear she has some good things to say about some things. Not that I care enough to verify that, as CBS would no doubt like.

I guess. I have to honest and I say I haven't read one of her books. I guess I should if I am going to have an opinion. But if she really wants to be taken seriously, then she should really stop acting like a ignorant, bias, extreme righty. I'm not even really liberal, and when I see the titles of her books I automatically think it's full of utter BS. Even if that might not be true.

In any case, I find her to be completely useless waste of air time/paper. I really hate political pundits.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2006-07-08, 10:15 PM #71
Back your stuff up somewhere, dude.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-08, 10:57 PM #72
The only thing I can think of that I can honestly say I'm afraid of, is nuclear war. I can't stand the thought of it, my heart beats faster just thinking about it...
2006-07-08, 10:58 PM #73
I'm not to comfortable in water. Not in pools, but in lakes and such. I really should've learned when i was little, but I was too much of a pussy and cried so I could just go play video games. The true nerd in me.....good times.

Other than that, nasty bugs scare me. Like huge spiders, or centipedes or something
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-07-08, 11:15 PM #74
Lol I tried penis, and it's asking me questions like "does it wiggle" , "do you use it at night", and "do people sit on it", "does it discharge waste" , "does it get hard"

... it guessed urethra.
2006-07-08, 11:42 PM #75
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Lol I tried penis, and it's asking me questions like "does it wiggle" , "do you use it at night", and "do people sit on it", "does it discharge waste" , "does it get hard"

... it guessed urethra.

[http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3378/disgusted24nb.jpg]
2006-07-08, 11:58 PM #76
wrongthreadlol
Think while it's still legal.
2006-07-09, 9:19 AM #77
The average height here is 5 feet 6", most people are short, and there are some really tall exceptions here and there. I've learned height doesn't mean anything. But it pisses me off when people think I'm short, black, or some other thing with the intention to offend me, even though they are not ofensive or derrogatory.

Actually it's been proven that most people subconsciously respect/trust taller individuals.
nope.
2006-07-09, 9:30 AM #78
Humanity scares me.

And the unknown factor. Not 'the unknown', as in spirits and the like. The unknown factor. My fear of the human race can be traced back to this as a root cause. Unpredictability makes me insane, and humanity is the very essence of unpredictability. Hence my previously-stated desire to hide somewhere and never come out again.
2006-07-09, 9:43 AM #79
I'm a hypochondriac. If I read a book that features a charatcer with a certain disease, I start to THINK that I have some of the symptoms, although obviously until I have such a disaease I couldn't know what it feels like. This is especially a problem around this time of year before I go to have my yearly checkup with the doctor. That's when I get told that I simply need to exercise and drink more water.
2006-07-09, 12:58 PM #80
Water. More specifically, the feeling of being only slightly wet. I can't stand rain, mists, squirt guns, being splashed when not submerged, or anything of the like. It sends me into quivers and depending on the situation damn near convusions. It's terrible.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!