Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → the beating in LA
the beating in LA
2004-06-25, 1:52 PM #41
Reward good behavior, punish bad behavior. If you surrender when you clearly have other options, you don't get hit. If you drag on a chase and are finally caught(or surrender) in a dead end alley where you can't go anywhere, you get hit.

Promote surrendering when the criminal doesn't have to so the cops can save time, money, and lives.

------------------
The sooner you realize I'm right the better off you will be.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-25, 3:24 PM #42
Um, no. I just stole a car and did the whole high speed chase thing. After I crash, I jump out of the car and run, only to find myself in a dead-end alley. I can either let myself get beat up by the pissant cops, or I can break one of their skulls and then get beat up. Or I could peacefully surrender if I knew the cops weren't complete cowards who vent their frustrations on handcuffed criminals. Guess which scenario results in the most happy for everyone?
2004-06-25, 3:36 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:
Um, no. I just stole a car and did the whole high speed chase thing. After I crash, I jump out of the car and run, only to find myself in a dead-end alley. I can either let myself get beat up by the pissant cops, or I can break one of their skulls and then get beat up. Or I could peacefully surrender if I knew the cops weren't complete cowards who vent their frustrations on handcuffed criminals. Guess which scenario results in the most happy for everyone?</font>

Maybe you should just follow the laws like everyone else if you value your skull so much.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-06-25, 3:44 PM #44
Maybe the cops should just follow the laws like everyone else if they value their badges so much.
2004-06-25, 6:35 PM #45
You first

I know my policy is unreasonable. I just don't want to see someone who has endangered so many people and wasted so much get away with it at the time. What can I say, I'm a creature of immediate gratification.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited June 25, 2004).]
2004-06-25, 7:19 PM #46
You break the law, I break your jaw.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-25, 9:18 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
You first

I know my policy is unreasonable. I just don't want to see someone who has endangered so many people and wasted so much get away with it at the time. What can I say, I'm a creature of immediate gratification.

</font>

Yes, and that's why you're not a policeman.

He won't "get away with it". He'll get charged with resisting arrest and speeding and possibly a whole host of other things because of his chase. But that is not up to the police to decide or act upon.

I've heard the "policemen are humans too" thing before. Well, air traffic controllers are humans too, but they have an extraordinary job that very few people could do. It is the same with policemen. The average joe could not be a policeman. You have to be something special, something different. Policemen have to be self-controlled and disciplined and not beat the stuffings out of someone just because they're angry. If you're not, then you shouldn't be a policeman.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-26, 1:01 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Yes, and that's why you're not a policeman.
</font>

It's one of my possible career paths. Maybe that's why I want to give policeman more freedom in their job. And as a police officer I could wish I could do something all I wanted, but if I couldn't do it legally I wouldn't do it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited June 26, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!