Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you guys like the forum "feature" where it shows a preview of...
Do you guys like the forum "feature" where it shows a preview of...
2006-07-17, 4:22 PM #41
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]I find having it pull off some cached posts from the cache table would be a lot faster than pulling an entire thread down along with related included files for display as each member goes thru threads that they don't necessarily want to read.[/QUOTE]
vBulletin is the crappiest when it comes to this. They store so much, and they run zillions of slow queries to pull it out. It's faster than a file-system based forum.... but not by much.
2006-07-17, 4:31 PM #42
Should have gone with SMF! It's free, too. :v:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-17, 5:07 PM #43
Originally posted by Brian:
vBulletin is the crappiest when it comes to this. They store so much, and they run zillions of slow queries to pull it out. It's faster than a file-system based forum.... but not by much.

You should move up to 3.5, the caching is much better >.>
2006-07-17, 5:36 PM #44
I always use it.
一个大西瓜
2006-07-17, 5:49 PM #45
where is the "i don't care" option?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-07-17, 6:16 PM #46
It's that link in that box at the top of the page that says "Discussion Forum"
一个大西瓜
2006-07-17, 6:31 PM #47
Originally posted by Emon:

Agreed. Love SMF.
2006-07-17, 9:19 PM #48
Originally posted by Emon:

Have you seen their source? They're not great, either. I went with vb because they had an importer for all the users/threads from ubb.
2006-07-19, 12:19 PM #49
annoys me a bit too

↑ Up to the top!