Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hungover...
Hungover...
2006-07-19, 1:31 AM #1
Im so hungover its not even funny. I drove home safe and all, but bah, im like still feeling a bit nauseous from drinking so much and my eyes sting and im just blah

dont get me wrong tonight was lots of fun but im so tired, and now have a headache and just everything because I drank too much. i cose my eyes and the room spins

that's wht happens

sorry if my spelling is al off im typing with my eyes closed and although im hungoer im still sort of drunk cuz i saopped drinking a few hours ago. im like blahhhhhh. that's what happsn when you get cabin fever although it was great to hang out with my friend again

ahhh someone stop the room from spinning

ttyl all later g'night!!!!

Laura
2006-07-19, 1:51 AM #2
I know it's not usually good to mix milk and alchohol.. but usually after a night of heavy drinking I fix a plate of ham sandwiches and a huge glass of milk always makes me feel better.. and I wake up feeling just fine! but drink lots of water.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-07-19, 2:06 AM #3
Drink lots of water before you go to bed. It's supposed to help - wouldnt know myself as it's something I've never been been able to accomplish. Getting my shoes off before colapsing is effort enough when you're in the state where a hangover usually ensues.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-19, 2:13 AM #4
yeah milk always helps me out, cold milk, for me its almost like a hangover killer. If i cant kill it with milk then im doomed. anyway. i suggest you do what models do when they eat alot, it will go away in a snap.
Pie.
2006-07-19, 2:19 AM #5
Never been hungover meself, but I tend to get drunk on cider and lager rather than spirits.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-07-19, 3:15 AM #6
Drink lots of water and make something to eat. Nothing overboard, but substantial. You'll wake up feeling tired from a late night, but no hangover :D
2006-07-19, 3:38 AM #7
Hmmm, judging on her last sentence she already went to bed...
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-19, 3:42 AM #8
[QUOTE=- Tony -]Never been hungover meself, but I tend to get drunk on cider and lager rather than spirits.[/QUOTE]
that means nowt, i've been hungover for 2 days solid off lager.

you're just not drinking enough. :P
2006-07-19, 3:43 AM #9
Originally posted by Impi:
Hmmm, judging on her last sentence she already went to bed...
Well, there's got to be some purpose to the thread, right? Might as well talk about hangover cures/preventatives. I'm dreading the day I wake up with a truly terrible hangover.
2006-07-19, 3:47 AM #10
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]that means nowt, i've been hungover for 2 days solid off lager.

you're just not drinking enough. :P[/QUOTE]

Money is a little barrier. That, and drunk for me still means standing up, if unsteady. And proclaiming loudly that one isn't.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-07-19, 4:01 AM #11
I've been hungover once, after 9 pints of cider, one pint of stella, some cocktails and 6 vodka red bulls and having drunk no alcohol for the previous 3 months.

The water thing really does work because there's been a lot of cases where I probably should have got hangovers but I always drink loads of water out of habit.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-19, 4:20 AM #12
it isnt the drinking of the water, its the pissing out.
2006-07-19, 4:33 AM #13
I don't know about that. I usually drink water and head straight to bed, no pissing involved (until the morning). I think it's more the rehydration.
2006-07-19, 4:36 AM #14
meh i always thought it was the pissing that got all the toxic **** out your system that made you feel better.
2006-07-19, 5:39 AM #15
Alcohol dehydrates you.

Drinking water does something, but I'm so drunk I can't remember.

I throw down a glass or two of water before bed even if I haven't been drinking (by the way, never gotten a hangover in my drinking experience) because I only get out of bed if I have to take a leak.

I've also never boned a fat bird while drunk. Sober, on the other hand... well, now you know why I drink.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-19, 5:46 AM #16
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Well, there's got to be some purpose to the thread, right? Might as well talk about hangover cures/preventatives. I'm dreading the day I wake up with a truly terrible hangover.

Heh, I can imagine someone coming home totally pissed and fearfull of a hangover. Then he remembers this thread and tries desperately to find it again, but he's too drunk to find it, so he makes a thread, asking about this thread but before he can read the answer he's already passed out in front of his computer and pukes on the keyboard.

Heh, sorry, I got carried away a bit. :o
2006-07-19, 6:26 AM #17
The spins... always a bad time :(
2006-07-19, 7:01 AM #18
The spins is actually quite easy to deal with, just play some sport and they go away almost instantly. It's funny because you feel sick just at the though of doing sport, but when you actually start you're fine.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-19, 7:05 AM #19
OMGz I'm teh hungover. I drink teh beerz...
2006-07-19, 7:37 AM #20
Originally posted by Impi:
Heh, I can imagine someone coming home totally pissed and fearfull of a hangover. Then he remembers this thread and tries desperately to find it again, but he's too drunk to find it, so he makes a thread, asking about this thread but before he can read the answer he's already passed out in front of his computer and pukes on the keyboard.

Heh, sorry, I got carried away a bit. :o

That's just silly.

*bookmarks the thread*

>.>
2006-07-19, 8:23 AM #21
Originally posted by Detty:
The spins is actually quite easy to deal with, just play some sport and they go away almost instantly. It's funny because you feel sick just at the though of doing sport, but when you actually start you're fine.

DARTS
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-07-19, 8:27 AM #22
You got drunk and I didn't get to take advantage? Sucks :(
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-19, 9:19 AM #23
I've gotten very drunk before with a sizable hangover. But I don't blackout or have missing memory spots. I remember the alcohol intensive night with perfect detail.

And I remember Jepman being TERRIBLE in bed.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-19, 9:23 AM #24
blank spots in memory are nasty.

last time it happened to me i lost about 9 hours.

usually its about 4 or 5 hours though.

Its weird as ****.
2006-07-19, 9:47 AM #25
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
And I remember Jepman being TERRIBLE in bed.

You just couldn't handle my penis. :v:
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-19, 9:53 AM #26
After a night of good, solid drinking (but not to the point where I'm wasted - just a good drunk), I like to eat pancakes.

Their bready goodness combined with butter and syrup compliments the beer and vodka fizzling in my stomach. I go to sleep a happy person.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-19, 9:57 AM #27
i wanna puke off drinking again.

i havent puked as a result of just alcohol in a long age.
2006-07-19, 10:23 AM #28
Originally posted by Jepman:
You just couldn't handle my penis. :v:

Well, there isn't much to handle, is there?

I've never had any memory gaps either. And I've only puked twice. And that was on the morning after the drinkage.
But I've once puked from one joint when nothing else was involved. It didn't even contain much weed. I still don't know what was wrong...
2006-07-19, 11:14 AM #29
I puked for 12 hours but that was a side effect of hard medication.

And one time when I drank this health drink around 1998, it even tasted like puke so I puked it out.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-19, 11:34 AM #30
glass of water, bite to eat (something that's easy to swallow, but fills your stomache, like bread), then sit up until you can close your eyes without the room spinning (I usually spend that time messing aorund on the computer).

Wake up with no ill effects (sometimes I'm a bit tired, but only if I was *really* drunk).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-19, 11:53 AM #31
Originally posted by Jepman:
You just couldn't [find] my penis. :v:

Fixed.
2006-07-19, 12:08 PM #32
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
Im so hungover its not even funny. I drove home safe and all, but bah, im like still feeling a bit nauseous from drinking so much and my eyes sting and im just blah

dont get me wrong tonight was lots of fun but im so tired, and now have a headache and just everything because I drank too much. i cose my eyes and the room spins

that's wht happens

sorry if my spelling is al off im typing with my eyes closed and although im hungoer im still sort of drunk cuz i saopped drinking a few hours ago. im like blahhhhhh. that's what happsn when you get cabin fever although it was great to hang out with my friend again

ahhh someone stop the room from spinning

ttyl all later g'night!!!!

Laura

*disappointed* :mad:
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-07-19, 12:41 PM #33
I was still really drunk when I wrote that. but I woke up this morning with the worst headache. I took two tylenol's and passed back out. and i've been drinking water non stop. Its helped a lot.

yeah last night the room kept spinning I was just way too drunk. I hate when I get the spins. its the worst feeling ever. I had hung out with my friend, we had pasta and wine and then we had some other drinks so yeah...then the room was spinning! lol anyways i'm better now :)
2006-07-19, 12:52 PM #34
just drink all the time, then the spins and hangovers stop happening unless you drink an obscene amount.
2006-07-19, 1:05 PM #35
yeah, but then you have to drink 3 times as much to get drunk. Gets rather expensive.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-19, 1:13 PM #36
Don't have any personal hangover stories, but yesterday, in World of Warcraft, in the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, our offtank goes AFK during Ossirian, his name is "Jackdanielz", and is pretty well known in our guild for overdoing it a bit on the booze.

We wait for him to come back, and he doesnt. We fight ossirian without him, beat it, whatever. We're still on vent later that night, doing some other stuff, when suddenly he comes on, starts screaming, beats the headset off his head ( we think ), and we hear him in the distance yelling about the "Damn VC's taking all those good men".. or something. The rest of the night we hear in the background just screaming and yelling, then crying.

He came on vent the next day claiming he had blacked out and remembered nothing.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-19, 1:31 PM #37
i think his problem lies more in how much he is attached to WoW and not how much he is attached to booze.
2006-07-19, 2:04 PM #38
Drinking Gatorade is excellent for preventing hangovers. I'm told it's because it replenishes your electrolytes, but I don't care how it works, just that it does.

I tend to remember most nights of drinking, with a few wild exceptions. Oh drunk Aaron is so wacky...
2006-07-19, 2:28 PM #39
hmm.. come to think of it.. you could probably mix gatorade with vodka... :)

2006-07-19, 2:38 PM #40
You can :) . I did that a couple times last year. It's an odd, but effective combo

↑ Up to the top!