Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cell phone paymente method?
Cell phone paymente method?
2006-07-20, 8:16 AM #41
Okay, I don't really get what you're doing, but I just want to try to understand this..

You're trying to make a market for custom emoticons, even though there are literally thousands of places that have them for free? MSN, which would be where these emoticions of yours would be used the most, gives you links to all free ones to download. Convince me Gold - why would *I*, a typical IM user, want to buy unimpressive emoticons from a dodgy mexican when I can get them for free anywhere else?

And if you can't find an emoticon that shows what you want, then you seriously aren't looking hard enough.

And why would you even bother making applications compatible with systems such as 3.1 and 95? No one uses those anymore, and they're certainly not online and downloading emoticons. It's completely pointless. Do you honestly think anyone with a cell phone, willing to pay for an emoticon, would have 3.1? It's useless.
You Can't Kill What You Can't See
-Beware of the FantomJedi
2006-07-20, 8:42 AM #42
BTW... I just got my first client. A friend who wanted to sneak a program like this to his GF desktop, when she opens it, she will receive his message.

+ $2.00

No market?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-20, 8:43 AM #43
Originally posted by FantomJedi:
a dodgy mexican

Was that really necessary?

It's one thing that everybody's making fun of Gold, but it really disturbs me how people continuously need to mention his nationality in a negative way.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-20, 8:46 AM #44
Okay, I don't really get what you're doing, but I just want to try to understand this..

You're trying to make a market for custom emoticons, even though there are literally thousands of places that have them for free? MSN, which would be where these emoticions of yours would be used the most, gives you links to all free ones to download. Convince me Gold - why would *I*, a typical IM user, want to buy unimpressive emoticons from a dodgy mexican when I can get them for free anywhere else?

And if you can't find an emoticon that shows what you want, then you seriously aren't looking hard enough.

And why would you even bother making applications compatible with systems such as 3.1 and 95? No one uses those anymore, and they're certainly not online and downloading emoticons. It's completely pointless. Do you honestly think anyone with a cell phone, willing to pay for an emoticon, would have 3.1? It's useless.

1.- I make emoticons according to how you want them made. You give me a request, I send you a watermarked sample of the finished product, if you like it, pay me for the unwatermarked version.

2.- They are compatible where I want to or not.

3.- Lots of people in foreign countrys still use 95/98...
2006-07-20, 8:49 AM #45
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
BTW... I just got my first client. A friend who wanted to sneak a program like this to his GF desktop, when she opens it, she will receive his message.

+ $2.00

No market?

Okay.

You said this "client" is your "friend". It doesn't say anything about the business "market" you are in.

But can we still see a preview of your emoticon work? Atleast a watermarked version?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-20, 8:51 AM #46
One client doesn't equal a market, ******.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-20, 8:52 AM #47

+ $2.00

No market?

Oh wow, 1 customer! A friend on mexico!

I sold a guitar to my friend for £20, this means I can be a professional Luthier!

Why you're the next Donald Trump!
nope.
2006-07-20, 8:57 AM #48
I'll make a small emoticon and post it for free. Need to start making a portfolio.
2006-07-20, 9:09 AM #49
lawl, a portfolio of emoticons
2006-07-20, 9:21 AM #50
I send you a watermarked sample of the finished product, if you like it, pay me for the unwatermarked version.

Okay, can you post one of the watermarked images here? I want to see how you actually watermark an emoticon
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-20, 9:25 AM #51
Originally posted by Shintock:
lawl, a portfolio of emoticons
lawl, seconded.

how the **** do you have a portfolio of emoticons?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-20, 9:38 AM #52

+ $2.00

No market?

Holy crap, you're rich! Just wait until he realizes what a worthless waste of money it was :rolleyes:
2006-07-20, 9:50 AM #53
Originally posted by Freelancer:
lawl, seconded.

how the **** do you have a portfolio of emoticons?

See: [url]www.freesmilies.com[/url]
nope.
2006-07-20, 9:52 AM #54
So, wait, you think you're going to make a business out of people sending others strange executables?

Or, you think people are going to run these strange executables, see an annoying message, and go "oh man, that was awesome"?
2006-07-20, 9:57 AM #55
Culture shock. Interesting how what you consider worthless is actually something elsewhere. Its actually cute. He wrote a small message for his gf, and later he will sneak into her room, and plant the program on her desktop. As soon as she opens it, it will say urgen message for you... clicks, and then the private message. I was going to add fire works on the screen, but he didn't want anything fancy, just a small, cute thing. Thats all. Any how, here is a quick sample I just made, of an animated emoticon. I know its simple and crappy, but its a quick job I did. I can do alot better if needed.

EDIT: I don't know why its not looping...
Attachment: 13255/test_gif.gif (45,625 bytes)
2006-07-20, 9:58 AM #56
Originally posted by Aglar:
So, wait, you think you're going to make a business out of people sending others strange executables?

Or, you think people are going to run these strange executables, see an annoying message, and go "oh man, that was awesome"?

People are doing it... as of this moment.
2006-07-20, 9:59 AM #57
That looks like you took scissors to a tennis ball.

[And you aren't going to make much money doing the odd thing for your mates.]

[EDIT - And it'll get old fast.]
nope.
2006-07-20, 10:00 AM #58
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
it really disturbs me how people continuously need to mention his nationality in a negative way.

He didn't. Fantom refered to him as a dodgy mexican. Golf is a mexican citizen who is quite unreliable. The unreliable part is the only insult, unless Golf is also ashamed of the fact that he's a mexican.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-20, 10:02 AM #59
Originally posted by Baconfish:
That looks like you took scissors to a tennis ball.

[And you aren't going to make much money doing the odd thing for your mates.]

[EDIT - And it'll get old fast.]

I have 207 msn contacts... Only need to make buisness twice a year with each one, and it won't get old...

Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
He didn't. Fantom refered to him as a dodgy mexican. Golf is a mexican citizen who is quite unreliable. The unreliable part is the only insult, unless Golf is also ashamed of the fact that he's a mexican.

Lets get something straight... don't call me Golf, or even Gold. I prefer Jesse. Another thing, every time I'm attacked always the fact that I'm 1/2 Mexican is brought up, always. See a pattern there?
2006-07-20, 10:04 AM #60
"Hey, you want to implant a random executable on someone else's computer? Give me $2."

Yeah, I can see that going down well with your random msn contacts. Considering you've probably got dozens of random strangers to make 207.
nope.
2006-07-20, 10:07 AM #61

Lets get something straight... don't call me Golf, or even Gold. I prefer Jesse.

Pardon me for making a typo. And why shouldn't I call you Gold? If you don't like it, change your user name.

That being said, I only know the real names of four people on these forums. Why would you expect me to know yours?
2006-07-20, 10:08 AM #62
I've had this e-mail for 4-5 years, and I get an avg of 3 new contacts per week, these days. I've met the gran majority of them, I mean in person, face to face. I started out with all my class room's contacts, 27, who introduced me to some of their friends, who introduced me to their friends, and so on and on. I also added a couple people here and there. Out of all my contacts.
2006-07-20, 10:09 AM #63
Pardon me for making a typo. And why shouldn't I call you Gold? If you don't like it, change your user name.

That being said, I only know the real names of four people on these forums. Why would you expect me to know yours?

I've mentioned it countless times, its on alot of my works, and I just told you.
2006-07-20, 10:09 AM #64
...What works?
nope.
2006-07-20, 10:10 AM #65

If that is so, he could've just said 'dodgy guy', or something along those lines.

Gold's nationality has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Yet it's always brought up, and more often than not in a negative way, like in this case where 'dodgy' and 'Mexican' are combined. It's like saying 'fat' whenever you say 'American'.
Attachment: 13256/xenophobia.jpg (10,869 bytes)
2006-07-20, 10:11 AM #66
I've mentioned it countless times, its on alot of my works, and I just told you.

1) I've never seen it before.

2) what works? Your MMORPG?

3) You do realize that if you tell me after the fact, it doesn't really help any, don't you?
2006-07-20, 10:11 AM #67
...What works?

Everything related to Resurrections comes to mind instantly...
2006-07-20, 10:12 AM #68
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Gold's nationality has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Yet it's always brought up, and more often than not in a negative way, like in this case where 'dodgy' and 'Mexican' are combined. It's like saying 'fat' whenever you say 'American'.

Does that also imply that it's distasteful to make "Burger Boi" comments?
2006-07-20, 10:14 AM #69
Oh and Golf, speaking of typos, you spelled "Payment" wrong in the thread title.
2006-07-20, 10:15 AM #70
Everything related to Resurrections comes to mind instantly...

You mean one badly put together still shot and this dodgy website with nothing on it but 1 picture in 4 sizes, and some pictures of a few teenage mexicans and Thrawn#.

Why yes, it's a lot of stuff with your name on it that everyone on Massassi will have seen!
nope.
2006-07-20, 10:16 AM #71
Oh and Golf, speaking of typos, you spelled "Payment" wrong in the thread title.

I know, I was, tired last night.

EDIT: Lets get back to the topic, were on a whole different track. I want to know how people can pay for a service through their cell phone. I think its called SMS or something like that.
2006-07-20, 10:18 AM #72
You mean one badly put together still shot and this dodgy website with nothing on it but 1 picture in 4 sizes, and some pictures of a few teenage mexicans and Thrawn#.

Why yes, it's a lot of stuff with your name on it that everyone on Massassi will have seen!

There is only one Mexican on that site... and I thought I took that site down, as I am making a new and much better one.
2006-07-20, 10:18 AM #73
Does that also imply that it's distasteful to make "Burger Boi" comments?

Look, I can handle the odd joke about people's nationality.

This is different:

- It's not a joke
- It's unnecessary
- It's happening all the freaking time to the same person

It's disturbing.
2006-07-20, 10:18 AM #74
SMS is just texting. It stands for Short Message Service.
nope.
2006-07-20, 10:21 AM #75
SMS is just texting. It stands for Short Message Service.

Exactly... after they like the emoticon, they will send a text message to a special number with a special code, then, they will receive another code, that gives them access to the unwatermarked emoticon. Of course, the text message will have an elevated fee.
2006-07-20, 10:24 AM #76
It won't work without you having money to implicate it into a phone line in the first place. You'll need to probably get some contracts with various bodies, and buy something like a switchboard.

[You won't make much after that, because you'll have to split the proceeds with the mobile network provider.]
nope.
2006-07-20, 10:27 AM #77
Fine this has failed before it even begun. Peh.
2006-07-20, 10:49 AM #78
Originally I was going to type "...buy unimpressive emoticons from a dodgy mexican when I can get them for free from a dodgy american?"
But I'm sorry. I didn't realise mentioning nationality was taboo. But lets look at the facts, people. Americans are fat, the English are stuffy, and Mexicans are dodgy. Oh, and I'm also not being serious. :o

I wasn't insulting his nationality, period. I also wasn't intending to insult Gold. My point was - why would I choose to buy a product, which is otherwise free, from an untrustworthy (or 'dodgy') kid. Big deal that I said he was mexican, so what? Equality isn't ignoring the differences, it's accepting them. I accept Gold as a mexican, and heck, I love the little guy for it. But I wouldn't trust him with my business.
You Can't Kill What You Can't See
-Beware of the FantomJedi
2006-07-20, 10:56 AM #79
Originally I was going to type "...buy unimpressive emoticons from a dodgy mexican when I can get them for free from a dodgy american?"
But I'm sorry. I didn't realise mentioning nationality was taboo. But lets look at the facts, people. Americans are fat, the English are stuffy, and Mexicans are dodgy. Oh, and I'm also not being serious. :o

I wasn't insulting his nationality, period. I also wasn't intending to insult Gold. My point was - why would I choose to buy a product, which is otherwise free, from an untrustworthy (or 'dodgy') kid. Big deal that I said he was mexican, so what? Equality isn't ignoring the differences, it's accepting them. I accept Gold as a mexican, and heck, I love the little guy for it. But I wouldn't trust him with my business.

I'm not selling you anything you could get elsewhere for free. I make emoticons according to your own criteria or liking, and sell you it.

I wasn't offended really... I'm a man with out a country. If I go to the U.S. its all this Mexican crap, here its all the American crap... maybe I'll go live to Canada.
2006-07-20, 11:05 AM #80
I've met the gran majority of them, I mean in person, face to face.

Am I the only one that read that as "in prison"? :o
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!