Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cell phone paymente method?
Cell phone paymente method?
2006-07-20, 11:25 AM #81
Gold, so far your attempts at success/fame/glory haven't been successful. Some are just bad ideas from the start, and some just didn't work out for one reason or another.

But at least your trying, which is more than a lot of people here can say.

(PS: I uploaded your animation, I'm not sure why the forums won't show the animation. You might want to try using brighter colors, if possible.)

http://members.cox.net/whooz/test_gif.gif

[Edit: It seems the forums have a vendetta against animated gifs, so I hotlinked it. Maybe that'll work.)

[Edit: And it might seem that the animation isn't set to loop. Hm.]
2006-07-20, 11:37 AM #82
The animation is looping here... I wonder why it doesn't elsewhere...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-20, 11:48 AM #83
Yoda + pot + down syndrome + lipstick = [http://members.cox.net/whooz/test_gif.gif]

WHAT THE ****?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-20, 11:50 AM #84
[http://www.geocities.com/darkjedibob13/killitwithfire.jpg]
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-20, 11:54 AM #85
Oh, I know what it is now...
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-20, 12:09 PM #86
Originally posted by Emon:
Yoda + pot + down syndrome + lipstick = [http://members.cox.net/whooz/test_gif.gif]

WHAT THE ****?

They may or may not be arms.

So really it's Angry housewife + pot + down syndrow + lipstick.

:P
nope.
2006-07-20, 12:13 PM #87
Emoticon maker :ninja:
Attachment: 13261/Jesse.jpg (16,940 bytes)
2006-07-20, 12:25 PM #88
Looks like Fez.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-07-20, 1:39 PM #89
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]

http://members.cox.net/whooz/test_gif.gif

[Edit: It seems the forums have a vendetta against animated gifs, so I hotlinked it. Maybe that'll work.)

[Edit: And it might seem that the animation isn't set to loop. Hm.][/QUOTE]

Maybe there was no animation to begin with...?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-20, 2:02 PM #90
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Am I the only one that read that as "in prison"? :o

No.

As far as the ethnicity thing, people should lighten up. Call me a drunken mick if you want. I am.

DRUNK AND IRISH. AND I'VE ONLY HAD A GLASS OF 1/5 VODKA AND 3/5 MOUNTAIN DEW
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-20, 2:03 PM #91
and heres me thinking you're a yank.
2006-07-20, 2:14 PM #92
Technically speaking, yes. Call me McYank.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-20, 3:21 PM #93
Originally posted by finity5:
Emoticon maker :ninja:

Realize that picture is more than a year old?
2006-07-20, 3:27 PM #94
seriously, after reading this entire thread, i think you'd make more money by selling corn to roadkills.
Pie.
2006-07-20, 4:07 PM #95
I think he'd make more money getting a realistic teenager job.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-07-20, 4:12 PM #96
Yep. You'll make more money when you realize that there aren't and quick rich schemes. At 16 or 17 it's doubtful that you'll have many marketable skills.
2006-07-20, 4:15 PM #97
I'm not trying to get rich... just earn a couple hundred dollars to get by.
2006-07-20, 4:21 PM #98
Just out of curiosity, has there EVER been a thread by Gold that hasn't been derailed? Like honestly. While they're all very entertaining, I'm just legitimately curious if there has EVER been a thread by him that HASN'T turned into something like this.

And honestly, just go get a real job. Don't read that as me being mean or critical, just giving an honest opinion here. Everyone wants to "just earn a couple hundred dollars to get by", as you put it, but without having to do much work for it. But that's a lot harder than it sounds, because if there was a way to earn a couple hundred dollars really quickly and easily, chances are, everyone would be doing it. There's nothing wrong with trying, but chances are, you'll just be wasting your time. Time which could be spent looking for a real job that gives you a constant stream of income.

Just my $0.02 at least. :psyduck:
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2006-07-20, 4:23 PM #99
Everyone should just take their $0.02 and send it to Gold instead of keeping this thing at the top of the thread list :P
2006-07-20, 5:50 PM #100
Oh gold, I will never tire of your crazy schemes.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-20, 6:02 PM #101
I'm still waiting to see how he expects to effectively watermark an emoticon
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-20, 6:08 PM #102
Like this, maybe?
Attachment: 13264/test_gif2.jpg (1,743 bytes)
幻術
2006-07-20, 6:44 PM #103
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Everyone should just take their $0.02 and send it to Gold instead of keeping this thing at the top of the thread list :P

ROFL...that really made me laugh. And honestly, that would make him more money than this current scheme. :psyduck:
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2006-07-20, 7:41 PM #104
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Oh gold, I will never tire of your crazy schemes.

You reminded me of some one... so I've quoted you in my signature.
2006-07-20, 7:57 PM #105
Why thank you. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-20, 8:16 PM #106
So is that thing what your buddy wants to send his girlfriend? I'm not sure how she'd respond ;)
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-20, 8:26 PM #107
Gold.... why? just... why?

Like others have said... did you ever even think about this market? is there a demand for this type of program or emoticon or what ever. You can't just do something and hope it'll catch on because your friend likes it, and trust me... if you can do it and a friend can't, they'll be impressed and like it.

I can churn out the crappiest models, worst animations and most pathetic photoshops ever and my roommate will instantly be impressed because he has no idea how to do it himself.

Maybe if you stuck to something, anything for long enough you'd learn how to do it properly and then you could make some money off that.

Try to learn HTML and CSS, it's not that hard and lots of people want websites with just basic's, people will pay 10 bucks for a website with their wedding photo's on it or their camping trip or family reunion or something, and you don't have to target those in the same country, if your doing something like a website then just have them pay you via paypal or something.

build 10 websites for 10 dollars each and you've got yourself 100 bucks for what ever. Apparently you know something about image programs... maybe not much about html since the SW fan site looks like it was built with a free drag and drop editor... but still, take a few weeks to learn something and get experiance in it then whore yourself out for money with these new skills.

you just seem to jump right in and think you can make it work because you want it to work. If your serious about wanting to make games, book stores have tons of book that teach you C++ and modeling and even show you how to make your own engine following examples from the book (I was very tempted to pick one up a while ago, but gave up on programing for animation a while ago)

they range from 8-80bucks Canadian (so like... 70ish american?) and if you don't have the money for it, then goahead and get that job at Mcdonalds, after your second paycheck you should have more then enough to order it online or something and learn to code your own engine without having to spend 500 bucks on a prebuilt engine for a game that you'll never make. (refering to the MMORPG as everyone here knows :))

still, take things slowly... you wonder why people make fun of you on these forums? you almost BEG them to make fun of you. you want them to respect you and take you seriously?

get a job a Mcdonalds, order some books online, learn to program (or something else... TONS of book for basicly anything) and go from there, show us something that you made on your own this way and you might be treated diffrently.
The Gas Station
2006-07-20, 8:33 PM #108
I only read the first page and a half of this ridiculous thread. I can't be arsed to read the rest.

I just want to congratulate Gold here on being one of the few humans on this planet capable of giving me a headache just by speaking. Yes, I now have a headache. Excuse me while I get drugs to help it go away.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-07-20, 8:37 PM #109
I have c ++ books, visual basic books, power basic books and such. I know how to do html, I have the ability to do css. I can go to a website and look at its source and try to remake my version of it. In fact thats what I am doing with the new site I' planning to launch later this year or early next year. I'm still waiting for the call from Mc Donalds... they said they would call me from a week-10 days, its been like 3 days... I think they won't care. I also sent in a work solicitd to a KFC, rejected for age. Might send a work application to a car dealer store or something.
2006-07-20, 8:55 PM #110
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I also sent in a work solicitd to a KFC, rejected for age.

...you live in Mexico...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-20, 8:59 PM #111
So? Do you even know the appropriate Mexican labor law?
2006-07-21, 12:02 PM #112
I don't even have to come in these threads anymore.

And you thought people liked you.

HAH.
2006-07-21, 12:09 PM #113
i love how he says, i *have* books of this and that. as if having books automatically make you smart. lol.
Pie.
2006-07-21, 12:22 PM #114
Indeed.
2006-07-21, 12:29 PM #115
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Realize that picture is more than a year old?

No, but does it matter, really? :v:
2006-07-21, 12:36 PM #116
Originally posted by Freelancer:
So? Do you even know the appropriate Mexican labor law?

16. I just turned 16 a few weeks ago. How ever, KFC has a 17 min age policy apparently, while McDonalds doesn't. If I get the job, I promise to send pics.
2006-07-21, 12:37 PM #117
Shouldn't you be focused on finishing your film.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-21, 12:40 PM #118
Originally posted by Echoman:
Shouldn't you be focused on finishing your film.

You can't finish a film with out a budget. We might be a few months late, like most fanfilms, but were getting there.
2006-07-21, 1:05 PM #119
Do you want fries with that?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-07-21, 1:14 PM #120
Supersize Me!
Pie.

↑ Up to the top!