Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A feasible cancellation of the Dave Chappelle Show?
A feasible cancellation of the Dave Chappelle Show?
2004-06-25, 3:16 PM #1
http://www.tribnet.com/24hour/entertainment/story/1441686p-8798481c.html

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"The show is ruining my life," Chappelle told the crowd. Besides requiring him to work "20 hours a day," he said, it has made him a "star," which has resulted in the inability of fans to treat him as an individual.</font>

Dave Chappelle has earned more respect from me by saying this.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Stop listening to celebrities," he said. "They do what they do for money - that's all. I don't even know why you're listening to me. I've done commercials for both Coke and Pepsi. Truth is, I can't even taste the difference, but Pepsi paid me last, so there it is."</font>

Another note, I don't know about you guys, but I'm very petulant when people keep on repeating lines ("I'm Rick James, *****) from Chappelle's show. Don't people get it? It's only funny when Dave says it, not them.

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited June 25, 2004).]
2004-06-25, 3:23 PM #2
I'm Rick James, *****

------------------
*landfish 'splodes*
7 of 14
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-06-25, 3:30 PM #3
Never heard of this guy...

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-25, 3:36 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Never heard of this guy...</font>

HHHwwhaaat!?!?

Actually, I agree with Cloud. Every day I hear someone repeat one of Chappelle's lines, and every day I come one step closer to killing someone over it. Its funny, even hallarious when Chappelle did the skits, but its annoying and stupid when someone tries to repeat it.

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-25, 3:55 PM #5
Good riddance. I hate the guy. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-25, 6:45 PM #6
Yeha, he wasn't funny anyway.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-25, 6:47 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
HHHwwhaaat!?!?</font>

YYYYeeeeeah!!

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-06-25, 7:33 PM #8
I've only heard of chappelle as a result of the incredibly high ammount of people playing UT2k4 who's user names are 'rick james'.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-06-25, 9:07 PM #9
No one cares Correction or SAJN_Master. Your opinions never meant much.

Anywho...repeating Chapelle lines can be funny...but when you do it 5 months after the skit aired, then its over done. Long live Chappelle Show.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-25, 9:19 PM #10
Hmm, now I can just wait couple of years when they're showing the show here. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-06-25, 9:22 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:

Anywho...repeating Chapelle lines can be funny...but when you do it 5 months after the skit aired, then its over done. Long live Chappelle Show.

</font>

no actually.. when repeated out of context as they always are they just ARE NOT FUNNY EVER AND NEVER HAVE BEEN FUNNY... it may be funny in context when he says it... but no... not anyone else saying it not ever

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-25, 9:58 PM #12
Quote:
</font>

I agree...go fall into a rattlesnake nest.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-25, 10:03 PM #13
the only chappelle that I've heard of is the guy from 24...

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-26, 3:07 AM #14
Is anyone else reminded of something?

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-06-26, 3:41 AM #15
Quote:

</font>

For one, I didn't ask if you cared. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
Second, I think you meant you don't care, because apparently he cares...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raoul Duke:
go fall into a rattlesnake nest.

</font>

...and I'm sure SAJN cares that I didn't like him, and I care that SAJN didn't like him, and who knows there might just be some more people who care and just didn't say anything, because I don't know why they would. In fact, I don't even know why anyone would say something if you didn't care unless you just saw an opportunity to jump on somebody you never liked simply because their opinions differ from yours. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
2004-06-26, 3:48 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

no actually.. when repeated out of context as they always are they just ARE NOT FUNNY EVER AND NEVER HAVE BEEN FUNNY... it may be funny in context when he says it... but no... not anyone else saying it not ever

</font>

No, that's just your individual opinion.
2004-06-26, 4:14 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:

or one, I didn't ask if you cared.
Second, I think you meant you don't care, because apparently he cares...
</font>

I take corrections opinions in higher esteem then many other people's here. Ubuu, just because you dont like someone, doesnt mean EVERYONE doesnt like them. And just because someone has a different opinion from you, doesnt mean there opinion doesnt count.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-06-26, 4:26 AM #18
Yeah seriously, there are a few people (Ubuu, MechWarrior, MeLoN, Raoul) That just need to chill the hell out. Because I don't care what they're problems are, but it makes massassi a very un-fun place to be in.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
2004-06-26, 4:59 AM #19
I don't watch his show, but damn... he's very very right.

Edit: Also, that Rick James thing? Yeah, that's annoying and anybody who says that catchphrase deserves to be shot in the face with a crossbow.

[This message has been edited by Jon`C (edited June 26, 2004).]
2004-06-26, 6:01 AM #20
Chappelle's best career decision was to be in Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Just 'cuz the movie rocked, and being associated with it must make you a better person.

[This message has been edited by money•bie (edited June 26, 2004).]
2004-06-26, 7:25 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
No, that's just your individual opinion.</font>

my individual opinion shared by quite a few people

basically people are repeating the punch line of a joke... the punchline of a joke is NEVER funny all by itself the rest of the joke is required so i say it again... if you are not dve chappelle leave his jokes to HIM

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-06-26, 7:46 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:
Is anyone else reminded of something?

</font>

Uh, LANGUAGE WARNIN'

------------------
Member of the Minnessassian Council
2004-06-26, 7:57 AM #23
Well, no big loss there. I never watch the show, frankly because I don't find the sex jokes and incessant cussing funny.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-26, 8:26 AM #24
I find it ironic that he hates his own show, the show that gave him more fame. Why do you hate the guy Correction?
2004-06-26, 9:15 AM #25
No SAJN, you and COrrection make this place unejoyable. If it isnt something about being lonely, starwars, or a movie, you guys always post in the thread about how you dont like it. IF NEITHER OF YOU DONT LIKE CHAPPELLE OR CARE FOR HIM WHY DID YOU POST IN THIS THREAD?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 9:21 AM #26
I always liked Dave Chappelle (especially his super hero stand-up bit) but I never really cared for his show that much....except for the skit with Wayne Brady, that was gold.

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko

RIP Madaventor: God bless you.
I live in the weak, and the wounded.
2004-06-26, 9:25 AM #27
Quote:
If it isnt something about being lonely, starwars, or a movie, you guys always post in the thread about how you dont like it.

</font>

. . . I don't even know what to say to that, it's so totally off the wall.

------------------
2004-06-26, 9:35 AM #28
Quote:
If it isnt something about being lonely, starwars, or a movie, you guys always post in the thread about how you dont like it.

</font>

I really DON'T like that statement.

------------------
This signiture agrees completely with the previously posted signuture. To attempt copyright infringement upon this signiture is a violation of any copyright laws stated for the previously stated signiture. By acknowledging this signiture, you acknowledge the previous signiture.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2004-06-26, 9:39 AM #29
I never post about being lonley because I am not, I never post much about starwars because I'm not a OMGAWESOME fan. I just think they are good films. I post in plenty of threads about things I like, you Ubuu are just an immature thug of a person. You need to work out your anger problems.

------------------
2004-06-26, 11:00 AM #30
That's pretty messed up, if you ask me. The crowd was just being a bunch of *******s and that's not cool. Dave Chappelle is hilarious and those peopel just ruined it for everyone else.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-26, 1:11 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Veger:
I really DON'T like that statement.

</font>

Why?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 1:37 PM #32
Never herd of the show.
2004-06-26, 1:45 PM #33
Hey Ubuu, I think you're the one with the problem here.

For some reason, you believe that others don't have the right to voice their opinion on a public message board. It's not like SAJN came out and said "OMG CHAPPELLE SHOW SUCKS, AND YOU SUCK FOR WATCHING IT!". He simply stated he didn't like it.

So quit inciting flame wars, and think about someone other than yourself every once in a while. I used to ignore the fact that you always pick these fights, but it's just getting annoying and serves absolutely no purpose. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-26, 4:24 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Yeah seriously, there are a few people (Ubuu, MechWarrior, MeLoN, Raoul) That just need to chill the hell out. Because I don't care what they're problems are, but it makes massassi a very un-fun place to be in.

</font>

Un-fun place? Actually...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-26, 4:29 PM #35
Quote:
Yeha, he wasn't funny anyway.

</font>

coming from you, comment disregaurded.

chappelle is awesome, but yes, his stuff was too god damned cathcy for everyone not to repeate, and probably say whenever they see him. god that must suck...

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-06-26, 5:57 PM #36
Quote:

</font>

AWWWWWWWWWW! I'm ruining your fun? Maybe your incessant *****ing about my attitude and opinions is ruining my fun. I think your mom should send you to bed without any supper tonight.

Stop dogging on me, I didn't do anything to you other than point out your ignorance on a handful of occasions.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-26, 6:32 PM #37
Okay usually I defend Correction and SAJN...but yah. I love Chapelle. He's friggin hilarious. His Niggar(yes that's how it was spelled) family skit and Blackzilla skit were stupendous. Of course the well known ones (Lil John, Rick James) were great, but that's a given.

Wayne Brady one. OMG I nearly pissed myself.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-26, 6:48 PM #38
the wayne brady one was a milestone in television history.

"is wayne brady gonna have to choke a b****?"

christ... that was wonderful.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-06-26, 6:54 PM #39
i hate to say it... but if it keeps going the way this thread is...

inbefodalock

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
2004-06-27, 2:42 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Every day I hear someone repeat one of Chappelle's lines, and every day I come one step closer to killing someone over it. Its funny, even hallarious when Chappelle did the skits, but its annoying and stupid when someone tries to repeat it.

</font>

Agreed. And it's a good thing I can't find my good knife...

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!