Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A feasible cancellation of the Dave Chappelle Show?
A feasible cancellation of the Dave Chappelle Show?
2004-06-27, 3:28 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
AWWWWWWWWWW! I'm ruining your fun? Maybe your incessant *****ing about my attitude and opinions is ruining my fun. I think your mom should send you to bed without any supper tonight.

Stop dogging on me, I didn't do anything to you other than point out your ignorance on a handful of occasions.

</font>

*Sigh* Maybe I should have included you on my post on Ubuu. How is it ignorance if it is simply his opinion? A few people in Massassi seem to have a real problem with the definition of opinion: "A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof".

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited June 27, 2004).]
2004-06-27, 3:39 AM #42
I find that approximately 80% of the time the word "ignorance" is used on these boards, it's used simply as a way of saying "stupidity" and sounding smart.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-27, 3:42 AM #43
I only heard of this guy when Maddox berated everyone. But that's because I live on a small island.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
This is out of our jurisdiction, Bob. It's not wearing any pants.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-27, 3:51 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
the only chappelle that I've heard of is the guy from 24...
</font>

I'm so glad he died.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-27, 5:39 AM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
*Sigh* Maybe I should have included you on my post on Ubuu. How is it ignorance if it is simply his opinion? A few people in Massassi seem to have a real problem with the definition of opinion: "A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof".

</font>

In reality, if you would care to join me there, I didn't say he was ignorant in this instance. He was stating his opinion this time, but many other times he is just flat out talking about something that he doesn't have the brain power to discuss on a comprehensible level. And then he whines when I point out his incorrect word choice and grammar.

Ignorance is basically the act of not knowing something. And I point that out all the time when he does it.

And Correction, I have noticed about 80 percent of the time you post on this board you don't take time to look into the context of the post you are replying to. Had you done this, you would have noticed that I was not calling him ignorant for his views on Dave's show, but I was referring to past instances where he has shown massive ignorance. Him hating the show makes him tasteless and it shows that he has no sense of humor. It doesn't mean he's ignorant. The people that have never heard of the show are ignorant.

And you should probably go sit in your room with your lights off until you learn a little reading comprehension.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-27, 5:46 AM #46
I was responding to Cool Matty's post. And I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to learn reading comprehension by sitting in a room with the lights off. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
2004-06-27, 5:48 AM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">AWWWWWWWWWW! I'm ruining your fun? Maybe your incessant *****ing about my attitude and opinions is ruining my fun. I think your mom should send you to bed without any supper tonight.
Stop dogging on me, I didn't do anything to you other than point out your ignorance on a handful of occasions.

</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ignorance is basically the act of not knowing something. And I point that out all the time when he does it.</font>

JERK: A foolish, rude, or contemptible person.

BULLY: A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people

ARROGANT: Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
2 - Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others:

Also see:

antagonist
moron

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 27, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-27, 9:18 AM #48
Wait wait, if someone doesn't like Chappelle's show, they're lacking in a sense of humor and have no taste? WTF? That's like saying if you don't like a certain brand of tires that you're a horrible driver.

The Chappelle show is sometimes funny, but often it's boring. I end up watching it simply because it's about the only sho on TV at 10:30 worth watching.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-27, 9:23 AM #49
Melontaloupe

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-27, 9:33 AM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
the wayne brady one was a milestone in television history.

"is wayne brady gonna have to choke a b****?"

christ... that was wonderful.

</font>

Hell yes!

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-27, 9:42 AM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
JERK: A foolish, rude, or contemptible person.

BULLY: A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people

ARROGANT: Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
2 - Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others:

Also see:

antagonist
moron

</font>

Well see, how can I not be arrogant when you just said that I am bigger and stronger than you are?

On a side note, thank you for proving my point.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-27, 9:51 AM #52
Errm, yeah your just a plain moron, I'm leaving this thread. Wow..just yeah you have fun insulting me or trying to make your witty comebacks because I won't be here to read it. Sorry for the insult, but if you truley think what you are posting then it's just plain sad. I feel bad for you, I trueley hope you wise up one day.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 27, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-27, 9:56 AM #53
It's called sarcasm, jackass.

------------------
2004-06-27, 10:34 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
the wayne brady one was a milestone in television history.

"is wayne brady gonna have to choke a b****?"

christ... that was wonderful.

</font>

I NEVER want to hear that quote again! The idiots at my school ruined it for me, as well as all other Chappelle quotes.

If you quote Chappelle, you are part of the problem.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-27, 4:35 PM #55
Suggestion: Ignore MeLoN as if he doesn't exist, and (as paraphrased from Star Wars Ep 4) STAY ON TOPIC!

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited June 27, 2004).]
2004-06-27, 4:52 PM #56
God, this SAJN bashing has taken on a whole new level lately. Oh, well. maybe it will clear up soon.

Anyway, to stay on topic, i've never really watched Chappelle's show, i've seen maybe one or two skits (Little John, Balckzilla, and the Vice City ones are the only ones i can remember), but after reading that article, i have to say my respect for the guy just skyrocketed. I know that he's a agreat comic, i mean, even if the people repeating the punchlines aren't funny, the sheer number of them around has to say something, but he seems to be an extreamly intelligent guy as well. He's one of the few celebrities that has seemed to beable to resist the urge of basking in the glow of his fans. he seemes to truly understand what a blight hero worship is ("Hero worship. That stuff can turn you blind". Anyone who says where that quote is from gets a cookie). Sure, he does the commercials, but that's how he gets paid. I'm really sorry to see that these idiots are ruining his tour, indeed his entire career for him.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%

↑ Up to the top!