Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Are you a nice guy?
Are you a nice guy?
2006-07-25, 5:00 PM #1
When dealing with a girl (or boy, if you have fancy pants), are you a nice guy or a complete *******?

Personally, I support the well-known fact that dudes being overly nice to girls just end up being "best friends" and crap like that. Not that I can stop being a nice guy if I genuinely care for the person, tho. However, there are only 2 (two) girls I *do* care about, so that's no big deal.

I wanted to make "Pie" the third option, but didn't, since I was curious how Nitropenguin would answer, and multi-choice is not an option.

Also, post your experience in picking up or trying to pick up girls. Personally, I have next to none, but I'm, er, practicing.
幻術
2006-07-25, 5:04 PM #2
BTW, I randomly found this "letter to a nice guy" on the internet (some language):

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/70710302.html

A must read for the overly nice and nerdy types.
幻術
2006-07-25, 5:15 PM #3
I've learned it's best to be myself.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-25, 5:24 PM #4
i'm a beautiful human.
2006-07-25, 5:25 PM #5
And here I was, thinking that the epithet goes to Angelina Jolie.
幻術
2006-07-25, 5:29 PM #6
I just live the 'don't be a dick' lifestyle. have fun, but don't be a dick
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-07-25, 5:32 PM #7
I'm not a nice guy outta principle.
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-07-25, 5:33 PM #8
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
I've learned it's best to be myself.

It shocking to a lot of people, but it's the best way to get.

You can be a nice guy and still land the girl. It's just a matter of confidence.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-25, 5:40 PM #9
Most self-proclaimed nice guys aren't actually that nice at all.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-25, 5:42 PM #10
I want a nice guy! lol :D
2006-07-25, 5:48 PM #11
Ha, I think being a nice girl suits you better. :P
幻術
2006-07-25, 6:11 PM #12
I'm very nice and respectful, but I also go for what I want. There's no point in being so extremely sweet that it disables you.
2006-07-25, 6:31 PM #13
Being an ******* lands you ****ed up girls anyway.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-25, 6:35 PM #14
being myself somehow works...

it's shocking because i'm a total [badword]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-07-25, 6:49 PM #15
Bah, I used to try to be "nice," but I don't really anymore. I'm just myself. Generally, I tend to be amiable enough, though I'll crack jokes about how girls are inferior. Just because it's funny to watch their reaction. It may not always be about girls in general, but maybe of a particular trait of a girl - such as her being overly short etc. It's all in good fun though and I've yet to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-25, 6:56 PM #16
I'm nice. Hench, I'm single. But I couldn't be happier :D
My blawgh.
2006-07-25, 6:58 PM #17
I'm french, of course I'm nice!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-25, 6:59 PM #18
i just don't care. i'm myself, i'm a man of the north. hair and belches included.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-07-25, 7:16 PM #19
Originally posted by Detty:
Most self-proclaimed nice guys aren't actually that nice at all.

you know, that's actually very true. It can be just a way to for an ******* to get with a nice girl
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-25, 7:17 PM #20
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:

"I'm a nice man."
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-07-25, 7:18 PM #21
LOL

u already answered the other one, saying that you are indeed not a nice guy :P
2006-07-25, 7:20 PM #22
Originally posted by TheRuleofThirds:
"I'm a nice man."

"No you're not, you're a-"
2006-07-25, 7:21 PM #23
I'm a nice guy, but I can be obnoxious. As people said, being yourself is the best way to go; most people can see through a fake impression.
2006-07-25, 7:25 PM #24
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:

No you dont. No women do. Otherwise everyone on massassi would be getting laid.

/emo

:psyduck:
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-25, 7:32 PM #25
bah! While I know (or think at least) that my darling fishy was kidding with that, let me make somethng clear. There is a difference for liking nice guys, as in liking their guys to be nice, and liking every nice guy around.
2006-07-25, 7:37 PM #26
by trying again? you two are so confusing.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-07-25, 7:40 PM #27
Originally posted by TheRuleofThirds:
;)

:psyduck: :rolleyes: :psyduck:
2006-07-25, 7:42 PM #28
Y'know, there's a balance between a being a "nice guy" and being a jerk -- just be a good guy. Don't take advantage of girls, but when they do irritating things, exercise your right not to deal with them. This approach may not get me a lot of girls, but I sleep better at night than I would if I were a complete *******, or if I were desperately catering to someone in order to get them to like me. Plus, it's a nearly magical way of separating the girls who are worth getting to know from those who aren't.

Originally posted by Avenger:
Being an ******* lands you ****ed up girls anyway.

You think those girls have issues, you should see the ones who go for "nice guys." :eek:
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-07-25, 7:45 PM #29
anyone who goes for either extreme usually has some issues. But I would still have to say, the ones who go for bastards have the most issues. I think when most say "nice guy" we mean how you described "good guy."
2006-07-25, 7:47 PM #30
Of course the guys that act the toughest are the softest ones deep down. :P
2006-07-25, 7:53 PM #31
It's quite possible to smother a girl with nice guy-itude. I simply don't give females any special treatment - I'm a nice guy, but nothing that would smother them.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-25, 8:01 PM #32
I clicked the "I'm a nice guy" option because that's what people say I am. Apparently being myself means I'm a nice guy, which apparently comes with all the stereotypical stuff that follows... eh.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-25, 8:03 PM #33
Guys who get the "Nice Guy" tag are guys who lack the gumption to put them selves one the line. It really has nothing to do with being nice, per say.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-25, 8:07 PM #34
There wasn't an option for "No."
2006-07-25, 8:19 PM #35
Hmm, for some reason I thought Boricula said "I want to be a nice guy," hence my reply. I'm a bit odd and inattentive today.
幻術
2006-07-25, 8:29 PM #36
Originally posted by Avenger:
Guys who get the "Nice Guy" tag are guys who lack the gumption to put them selves one the line. It really has nothing to do with being nice, per say.

Yeah, when people tell me that I'm a nice guy, I usually take it to mean something more along those lines. When people ACTUALLY respect a guy being nice, they say or react differently than the standard "you're a nice guy" deal.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-25, 8:34 PM #37
I have loverly fancy pants.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-07-25, 8:51 PM #38
When someone actually thinks you are a good, nice, decent guy, you don't call you a nice guy, they call you Batman.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-07-25, 10:03 PM #39
The "nice guy" tag should only work in the workplace.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-25, 11:42 PM #40
"Speak softly but carry a big stick."

I consider myself a reserved individual (in real life, not on the e-cybernet). I try to be a gentleman and a scholar, but I am - beneath a thin veneer of social graces - filled with an unholy, burning, blistering rage that I can summon forth at any moment and use to smite those who oppose me.

I'm nice to people I like. I'm not very nice to people I dislike. So I guess I'm not a "nice guy".

↑ Up to the top!