Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Are you a nice guy?
Are you a nice guy?
2006-07-25, 11:44 PM #41
Yes, I am probably the most polite individual here.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-26, 12:10 AM #42
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Yes, I am probably the most polite individual here.

You are very humble too :v:
My blawgh.
2006-07-26, 12:44 AM #43
****, i clicked the wrong button.
and yes im a nice guy, except with peopele that annoy me (and techno people).
Pie.
2006-07-26, 8:31 AM #44
I can personally vouch that being a nice guy to a girl will make you the gay best friend, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Everyone at school calls me the nicest guy they've ever met, and while it's who I am, it screws me over sometimes.

One of my friends (who was incredibly talented with wooing the ladies) told me that the hot girls are used to being treated nice to... while that may make you good friends, she will usually have no romantic interest in you. You have to balance on the line of "not giving a **** about her" and "showing interest" to woo the hard-to-get lady.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-07-26, 8:33 AM #45
I think I am overly nice to the ladies. I have only "picked up" one lady though, and we are still together almost a year later.
2006-07-26, 8:54 AM #46
I'm usually nice to lure them in.. and then.. I STRIKE WITH THE WRATH OF A BILLION TRILLION MILLION ZILLION ANGRY SUN GODS GRRAAAAAWWWRRRRRR
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-07-26, 9:35 AM #47
I'm the nicest serial killer you'll ever meet.
2006-07-26, 12:15 PM #48
Originally posted by Whelly:
I can personally vouch that being a nice guy to a girl will make you the gay best friend, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Everyone at school calls me the nicest guy they've ever met, and while it's who I am, it screws me over sometimes.

One of my friends (who was incredibly talented with wooing the ladies) told me that the hot girls are used to being treated nice to... while that may make you good friends, she will usually have no romantic interest in you. You have to balance on the line of "not giving a **** about her" and "showing interest" to woo the hard-to-get lady.

It's strange how the average woman seems to only be attracted to a guy they have to "work for" to get. I don't know about the rest of you, but if some attractive girl wanted to be nice to me and please me in every way possible because it made HER happy, I'd be thinking "score!" Or, at the very least, I'd be thinking that enough to be turned on into taking an initial interest in them. Weirded out, yes, but happy that I got so lucky. If even the hottest of guys acted that way, it seems the average woman under 30 would be turned off.*

I've thought about trying to act differently to be less the "nice guy" but it's just not who I am, and it's not something I want to change, even if it means getting a woman's interest. If they're not interested in the kind of guy I really am, that's their loss. Meh. I'm not saying that there aren't things I could be doing to improve my chances either and still be me.

*When women get older, the trend seems to change to "Where's the guy that was too NICE to me?" Again, just a generalization.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-07-26, 12:16 PM #49
You can be a nice guy without being the 'nice guy'. This is of course the best thing to be. A nice guy can still get laid. ;)
2006-07-26, 3:09 PM #50
Unless he's too nice to put the girl's emotional stability on the line and thinks she'd be making a bad decision. :psyduck:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-07-26, 3:22 PM #51
Originally posted by happydud:
I'm usually nice to lure them in.. and then.. I STRIKE WITH THE WRATH OF A BILLION TRILLION MILLION ZILLION ANGRY SUN GODS GRRAAAAAWWWRRRRRR

2006-07-26, 3:43 PM #52
Originally posted by Gebohq:
I've thought about trying to act differently to be less the "nice guy" but it's just not who I am, and it's not something I want to change, even if it means getting a woman's interest.

I'm in the same exact boat. Eventually, I think nature will do it's thing and just turn us into ***holes naturally without any personal motivation. ;)

Quote:
When women get older, the trend seems to change to "Where's the guy that was too NICE to me?"

Because guys stop being nice to them for no reason because they've grown FAT.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-07-26, 3:45 PM #53
As women get older, they start looking for a daddy for their kids.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-26, 3:47 PM #54
I'm a right ****in' *******.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!