Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → last night
last night
2006-07-27, 5:19 PM #1
so last i went to this girl's house, two towns over from where i live. It was suppose to me and a few other friends, relaxing, drinking, nothing out of control. When i got there however I could see from the street that there was well over 50 people in her house, so i thought to myself, i'll park on a side street and walk over. So my friend and i walk into this house and wow, what a party. There is booze EVERYWHERE, people smoking weed, generally just have a good time partying hard. I mingle with some friends and head downstairs, where there is a huge dance party going on. I get down there after passing two people who had already drank themselves into a deep somber, and find about 25 people, about 3/4 being hot girls dancing on tables, chairs, each other, etc. I say hi to a bunch of people, dance with a few, and head back upstairs.

By now its 10:45 (est) and the party is really getting out of control, people are playing strip-drinking games, theres underwear-only twister ( the game where you put hard hands and feet on certain colored dots ), there is now a keg-stand, and about 10 people pounding back shot after shot of tequilla. As I am watching this i think to myself that i'm awful glad that im the designated driver for the night because if the cops show up, these kids are f****d.

I head outside to the deck where there are kids smoking weed and drinking beers, i know a few of them so i sit down and say hi, ask them how their night is going that sort of thing. I headed back inside because i was getting eaten alive by the mosquitos, as this girls house is surrounded on three sides by woods.

As soon as i get inside the house, i hear someone yell "COPS 5-0 5-0 EVERYONE RUN!!!!" I looked towards the front door and sure enough i could see the blue and white lights out front. I took off sprinting for the woods, cleared a decently high fence and dove and rolled into some shrubs (which now im hoping wasnt poison ivy haha) As i got back to my feet (at this point there were 4 cruisers at this girls house) one of the cruisers started flashing that floodlight thing they have in their car towards the woods, before it got to me i took off running again.

Knowing that i had parked two streets over, and knowing which direction i had entered the woods, i knew that eventually i would run into the the street i had parked on. Unfortunately, the cops took off after me and about 10 others who sprinted into the woods. They caught up to 2 kids who had fallen, probably due to drunkeness, but im in really good shape and my adrenaline was pumping so i outran them by a significant amount.

after about 5 minutes i reached my car, jumped inside and took off. Lucky for me the cops hadn't sent a cruiser down the street i had parked yet, so i drove away. About 4-5 minutes later, a cruiser started following me. I called my dad and told him what happend, and that i was being followed, he said "you didn't drink, and they really don't have any way of placing you at the party, so if he pulls you over, your fine." sure enough as soon as i hung up, the cop threw on his blues, and pulled me over. He was a younger cop, and saw that i had my college baseball hat on, asked me if i went to endicott, and asked for my license and registration. I was polite and gave it to him and he walked back to his cruiser. I called my dad again, but this time my mom picked up who started freaking out. I told her to give the phone to dad which she did and told him that im sure their trying to place me at the party, to which he said, "if what you told me is exactly what happend, they have nothing on you justin".

The cop walked back over and i asked him what i was being pulled over for. He said that there was a large house party in hamilton. I said to him "ok? but why did i get pulled over" and he threw my license and registration through the window into my car, and said "get out of here". I said "thank you sir" and pulled away.

So now im heading home, and my cell phone goes nuts. As it turns out, 7 cruisers showed up at this girl's house and one of my friends that called me happend to have a police scanner. The cops busted anyone and everyone who was inside the house, totalling 54 people, with underage posession of alcohol, posession of marijuana, and anyone who had been drinking they breathalized and booked them for underage drinking.

As far as i know only 2 of my friends that were there made it out, and the other 10-12 i havn't heard from yet so im assuming that they were busted.

Fastfowarding a little bit:

i made it home safe and sound and talked with my parents who were happy i made it out but gave me the old "your playing devil's advocate" speech. I went to bed and woke up this morning to find that i had a voicemail on my cell phone. I listened to it, and as it turns out, my friend that i drove to the party (who had been arrested for dui about a month ago) got busted. Most likely hes going to jail because the judge told him that if he got in trouble between the time he went to his hearing and the time of his actual court appearence, he would be thrown in jail for up to 60 days. He needed me to come bail him out, but i was sleeping at the time.

i logged onto facebook to find a wall message from the girl who had the party saying "justin how did you not get arrested, when did you run away lol?".

im lucky i didn't get busted.
I <3 Massassi
2006-07-27, 5:27 PM #2
I guess being smater than 52 other people can help you get out of somethings, but really wouldn't it have been smater to avoid the whole thing alltogether?
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-07-27, 5:34 PM #3
yeah, as soon as you realized things weren't how you thought they were gonna be, you should have gotten out of there fast. Then you wouldn't have had to run. But you got lucky and got away, so I guess it's all ok. :)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-27, 5:48 PM #4
ya, i made a bad decision by not leaving right away, but thinking back on it now, the adrenaline rush was worth it, i cleared a 5 foot fence.
I <3 Massassi
2006-07-27, 5:50 PM #5
Yeah.

Such a thing would be legal in my country, as long as you inform the neighbours beforehand (loud noises tend to be annoying). Minors can drink, smoke weed and party as much as they want, as long as there's one or more adults with them. :v:
2006-07-27, 5:55 PM #6
what country is this?
I <3 Massassi
2006-07-27, 5:56 PM #7
Alright, rock 'n roll! Freakin' cops always need to ruin a good party. Too bad you couldn't get smashed, but in retrospect, good. At least you got away, haha. You're very lucky. I usually get away as well. I'm not that strong, but I can run like hell. :v:

Cops over here only crash in on squatting parties and illegal dance parties. I've escaped on several occasions, hehe.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-27, 5:58 PM #8
Originally posted by Jdogg0403:
what country is this?

Same as JoS', The Netherlands.
2006-07-27, 6:36 PM #9
Originally posted by Jdogg0403:
ya, i made a bad decision by not leaving right away, but thinking back on it now, the adrenaline rush was worth it, i cleared a 5 foot fence.

Hehe, that's exactly what I was thinking as I read it. "Man...that would suck, but sounds like it was one helluva time."

Glad you made it out. If it happened again, would you stay or would you leave immediately though?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-27, 6:46 PM #10
Wow, nice play Jdogg. I probably would've cleared out a little earlier, but you were already aware about it and thinking about it, so that was just a timing issue there.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-27, 7:02 PM #11
If I weren't drinking, I wouldn't have left. They can't pin anything on you. I'm going to a big bash at a friends house on saturday, and I plan to have a few. If they want to nab me, they can. Cops here don't tend to care if it's kept quiet. We don't plan to have a blow-out, and instead a cool calm poetry event.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-27, 7:10 PM #12
I wouldn't have returned to my car until the cops were gone. Getting pulled over is bull****.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-27, 7:18 PM #13
Free, but it's not like they could have done anything. Long as he wasn't drinking and didn't have anything on him. The cops will regularily pull people over if they find them driving away from the "scene of a crime." As an example, an aquientence (sp?) of mine recently was involved in a mixup with some stolen guns, and another friend of my was leaving the house (visiting with his parents) about 15 minutes before the cops showed up and arrested him. The person who had left the house 15 minutes before was followed nearly to her own house, then pulled over. She explained that she was visiting with the kid's parents and they sent her on her way. She had nothing to do with the stolen guns, so they couldn't really do anything about it, but her being in the area made her a target to be checked out.

The way I see it, JDogg did better to be in his car and driving away, rather than be found sulking about in the woods near the house, since he wasn't involved in the drinking and whatnot.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-07-27, 8:12 PM #14
Originally posted by JediKirby:
If I weren't drinking, I wouldn't have left.

I don't know how it works in Jdogg's state, but, in Missouri, they throw out MIPs like confetti to any minors, regardless of whether or not they actually are possessing. That's why I make sure to only invite friends who will call and check with me before bringing additional friends. I really don't need minors getting busted at my house.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-27, 8:49 PM #15
The LAW in MN says that you have to be in possession or under the influence. If you are either, a party should be no problem.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-27, 9:15 PM #16
Kirby no. The guilt by association law is in effect now. If you are at an underage party, you're just as guilty as people drinking.
2006-07-27, 9:30 PM #17
Are you sure? I've gotten out of quite a few tickets, then... I AM crippled, though.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-27, 9:42 PM #18
I'm pretty sure there is, I know a few people who've gotten tagged with minors because of guilty-by-association. I don't know the exact details though.
2006-07-27, 11:45 PM #19
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
The cops will regularily pull people over if they find them driving away from the "scene of a crime."

This reminds me of an anecdote that will have some of you up in arms ;) I walked out the door of my house one night at about 8.30pm~ish with my backpack on. I was heading in to uni to do some work. At that moment, the cops were driving down my street and they stopped out the front of my house and requested I came over to the car. Long story short, they checked my bag and ID to make sure I actually lived there.

Once they established that I did, they made a comment along the lines of "Jut checking, you wouldn't want anyone to steal your playstation". They then apologised for holding me, told me to have a good night and then drove off. I found it rather amusing and slightly reassuring.
2006-07-28, 12:44 AM #20
Originally posted by gothicX:
Yeah.

Such a thing would be legal in my country, as long as you inform the neighbours beforehand (loud noises tend to be annoying). Minors can drink, smoke weed and party as much as they want, as long as there's one or more adults with them. :v:

Same thing in Germany minus the weed and the adults.

The only cop incidents I've had were every time just one car asking to turn the volume down a little. That's it.

But I usually party in areas where noise isn't an issue anyway.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-28, 12:56 AM #21
'Adults' is a very misguiding term though - you can have a party with beer here as long as at least one person is 16.
2006-07-28, 1:33 AM #22
Ah hahah reminds me when I was at a party in downtown MPLS. with some friends about 50+ ppl at this place free drinks, etc. GREAT time there when the cops showed up we're all like "**** **** **** **** ****!!1" and we find the back door and run out with our drunken asses lol. I escaped with my friend but then got a call like 5 minutes after from my good friend alicia saying "oh it's ok you can come back" and well of course they couldn't check things out they just got a call about the disturbance and seen how things were going. Nothing big. *shrug* so we went back and sure enough everyone was still drinking, dancing and smoking pot hahah. Wow, good times.
Mmmm.
2006-07-28, 2:32 AM #23
Wow. I hope that never happens to me.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-28, 4:26 AM #24
I've dodged speeding tickets before without getting pulled over. First time was driving home from school, and a there were two of doing maybe 10 over, and a cop came down the onramp behind us. I slowed down just enough so the other guy could pass me, netting himself a ticket. The second time was late at night returning from Busch Gardens a few months ago, where I blew past a couple cruisers in the median, and I was able to get over to the slow lane and match speeds with some other cars without being seen, as the cop had to wait for cars to pass before he could get out. Blew past me, then was confused as he hit the front of the pack and didn't see me.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-28, 4:35 AM #25
if your friend had a police scanner, how come you didnt know about it well in advance?
2006-07-28, 4:59 AM #26
Neat story, albeit was certainly tl;dr length. :)

Dunno why I read it though.

Reminds me of when I was drinking beer on a bus station when I was 15 or something and then one of the drugtards around here was like "OMG BEER I'M GONNA TELL YOUR MOM" and ran off. Ridiculous, yeah, but he told my mom and she was like "DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT DRINK BEER" and I was "No. Do you really trust a druggie?" and she was "Well nope" and that was it.

Yet I drank beer but sure that was an odd incident. Odd times.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-28, 6:27 AM #27
That is why I hate big parties. I have been to a few, but all the noise and people makes me uncomfortable and uneasy, and I get freaked out that someone is gonna call the cops. Glad to hear you got away though. :)
2006-07-28, 6:36 AM #28
I'm glad to live in a country where you can have a good party without worrying about any of that.

The worst that can happen is the cops showing up because the music is too loud or something. Then they'll simply ask you to turn it down, without even coming into your house.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-28, 8:00 AM #29
I never liked parties either, too much noise and too many people. I'd rather hang out with a few friends instead of a bunch of people that I don't know.
2006-07-28, 8:31 AM #30
LAN parties are better. :v:
2006-07-28, 8:31 AM #31
Even if I knew I was in a situation where the cops couldn't do anything, I'm not sure if I could keep from looking guilty as hell. I guess they still couldn't do anything, though. Congrats for keeping your head about you.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-07-28, 8:36 AM #32
I called your local police and told them you sold those kids their weed.

Have a nice day.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-28, 9:23 AM #33
Wouldn't it be great if the police in the US spent more time fighting crime and less time enforcing bunk morality codes? It's not entirely their fault--they’re just doing their jobs--but it certainly is a bit frustrating.
2006-07-28, 9:41 AM #34
Originally posted by Wuss:
Wouldn't it be great if the police in the US spent more time fighting crime and less time enforcing bunk morality codes? It's not entirely their fault--they’re just doing their jobs--but it certainly is a bit frustrating.

Reminds me of the movie Kopps. The police in a small Swedish town are so bored, that they start making their own crimes.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-28, 9:45 AM #35
Originally posted by Wuss:

Yeah, seriously, maybe we could even end world hunger or something on the weekend.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-07-28, 9:49 AM #36
You probably could.

But who the hell would? Geez.

It would just mean we would get poorer and stuff.
2006-07-28, 10:00 AM #37
I definately don't think regular parties are all that great. Raves are where it's at, mi amigos. Not silly "dance parties" where people smoke to get high and drink to get drunk.
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2006-07-28, 10:12 AM #38
Raves are obnoxious.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-28, 10:14 AM #39
Originally posted by blackbelt7:
Not silly "dance parties" where people smoke to get high and drink to get drunk.

Compared to raves where people do speed to stay awake and do X to get horny?
2006-07-28, 10:16 AM #40
Rave parties, dance parties, they're all lame compared to..

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zoom.gif]

The Communist Party!

↑ Up to the top!