Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Beef Stew
Beef Stew
2006-07-28, 1:18 AM #1
I love beef stew.

It is the epitome of a manly food. Everything about it.

Even the vegetables in beef stew become manly food, becasue they are embued with the manliness of beef during the stewing process.

But beef stew eating is an art. Both in the making of beef stew, and the eating of beef stew.

When making beef stew you face several challenges. Most of which revolve around how much beef should the stew consist of? Obviously the answer is mostly. But you have to leave room for those lovely stew-juices and vegetables. I mean, if I wanted to eat cooked beef, I'd eat cooked beef. But even the manliest of men gets tired of just cooked beef.

Stew eating is an art, on which everything depends on pacing. Nothing sucks more than eating all of the meat before you're done a full portion. You might as well call it pussy stew, because only a total nancy boy would eat a beef stew with no beef.

There are several different stew eating styles, but they're all derived from the main three;

The "I'm full" technique:

This is the most simple, but by far the least practiced of stew eating techniques.

You gorge yourself on all the meaty chunklets, and only the meaty chunklets. After you're sure you've eaten all the beef in your serving, you proudly protest that you are full. Make sure you obtain an extra larger serving, because even with the meatiest of stews using this technique incorrectly can easily find you hungry as hell afterwards.

One should also be careful to leave a hearty amount of sauce in the bowl, to hide the vegetables under. There is nothing more annoying after eating all the meat, as having some un-manly piece of crap call you on not eating all the vegetables.

Obviously this school of thought is for those who wish not to eat the vegetables. But practicers of this technique often overlook the merits of beef embued vegetables.

The paced eating style:

This technique is for those who have the most self control over their beef eating. Not many actually succede, and will later revert to the "I'm full" technique a botched attempt at perfect pacing.

In theory, it's only slightly less complex than the "I'm full" technique. Basically, you pace yourself between meat and vegetables perfectly. But the most important part to remember is that the last thing you dish out of the bowl should ALWAYS be the largest meat chunk. Look proudly upon the final piece of beef. If it was a good stew, you'll definately want to savor the moment.

This is hard for one simple reason. It's hard to pace your beef eating. I'll put it another way. Try taking one bite of the most delicious steak ever. But you can't eat the rest. Obviously you'd go insane. The same is true in smaller amounts for stew eating. The slower beef eating pace gently drives you into a larger meat frenzy. Even the most experienced stew eaters will suddenly begind to over-gorge the beef leaving themselves with a fairly disproportionate beef-vegetable ratio. Obviously in vegetable favor. Although an experienced stew eater will often catch himself in time for the following technique.

The early gorge:

This is a very difficult technique to execute. Novices beware. But it's considerably less difficult than the pacing technique.

The early gorge, would have you eat nearly 90% of the beef from the stew as early as possible. Through sheer will-power you must then pull yourself from the meat frenzy, and employ a gorge against the vegetables.

I know, it sounds crazy. Gorging on vegetables? It isn't so bad. You'll still have thr sweet taste of the beef you just gorged in your mouth, and remember those veggies are embued with beefy-goodness.

Eat untill you've equalized the portions. Then refer to the pacing method for the rest of the meal, of which there shouldn't be much left of. It'll be easier to pace yourself after gorging on the meat early and getting your meat-urges over with.

I personally use the aforementioned technique the most.

So post, how do you eat your beef stew?

Beef stew haters feel free to post. But be warned, stew enthusiasts and men with even a shred of manliness will ignore all of your posts, because you obviously weren't born with a penis. Which means your opinion doesn't matter.
2006-07-28, 1:34 AM #2
How do i eat beef stew eh?

In 2 minutes.
2006-07-28, 1:35 AM #3
You are most assuredly the biggest beef stew newbie in the world.

It is a fact that one can not yet even consider you a man.
2006-07-28, 1:37 AM #4
I usually eat the vegetables first to keep the most manliness as the last taste in my mouth.

Now, don't anybody take that out of context!
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-28, 1:38 AM #5
Pfft.

The only thing that could possibly be homosexual about this thread is if anyone posts about not liking beef stew.
2006-07-28, 1:40 AM #6
Is that even possible?
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-28, 1:42 AM #7
Aye.

Unfortunately it is.

Damn shame too.
2006-07-28, 2:35 AM #8
Originally posted by Impi:
I usually keep the manliness as the last taste in my mouth.

Fix'd
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-28, 3:01 AM #9
i eat it straight from the cow... that's right... i just toss the vegetables and beef broth on a dead cow and start eating

AND NO GIRLY FORKS, KNIVES, OR SPOONS!

and how did the cow die you ask? I ****ING PUNCHED IT IN THE FACE
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-07-28, 3:11 AM #10
It's easier to pace yourself if you can get a piece of vegetable and a piece of beef in each spoonful. This is how I try to do it.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-07-28, 3:14 AM #11
Whatever ends up on the spoon, that's what's going in. But the more meat, the better.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-28, 4:19 AM #12
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Whatever ends up on the spoon, that's what's going in. But the more meat, the better.

Same
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-28, 4:28 AM #13
i chew the beef for long whiles whilst putting new vegetables in to pass by the juice filled beefy goodness.

its a spin on the paced technique.
2006-07-28, 5:00 AM #14
I prefer steaks. No silly vegetables either.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-28, 6:50 AM #15
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

Same.

Ah beef stew, it may even surpass the mighty steak pie. And none of that store bought or homemade steak pie crap, I mean proper steak pie out of a butchers, where you get an entire minced cow drenched in gravy and topped with a giant flakey crust.
nope.
2006-07-28, 6:53 AM #16
I AGREE WITH THIS TOPIC.
2006-07-28, 8:48 AM #17
Rob, if I am vegetarian. Does that make me more of a woman? Or a woman more of a man? :ninja:
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-28, 8:56 AM #18
It makes you lame.

I like to eat it ONLY if the meat chunks are too big to eat in a nice restaraunt without getting stared at. When the chuncks of meat and potatos are bigger than what SHOULD fit in one bite, but because I'm a man I stuff it in and chew on the beefy goodness.

That way, it's more like Steak Soup with some vegetable chunks on the side and a boiling hot broth beverage ta boot.

It's even better if the beef is cooked the way I like my steak, medium-rare but more on the rare side, so that the blood drips down your chin when you're enjoying the tastey goodness.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-07-28, 8:58 AM #19
I have began to master the paced technique. But however good Beef Stew may be, I am partial to Beef 'n' Noodles. Which is even better with vegetables mixed in, and the noodles taste almost as manly as the juices in Beef Stew.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-28, 9:03 AM #20
Dinty Moor beef stew in a can is heaven on a camping trip. Sitting up on a hill communing with manly nature (hunting) slow consuming a bowl of beef stew makes me feel complete.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-07-28, 9:07 AM #21
This is more like it. :)
2006-07-28, 9:18 AM #22
Maddox wannabe ?
2006-07-28, 10:27 AM #23
Hamburgers are a real man's food. Hamburgers and flapjacks. None of this Beef Stew junk.
2006-07-28, 10:28 AM #24
Tofu is a nub. Chicken wings are the manliest food. With extra sauce.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-28, 10:31 AM #25
¯\_(o_O)_/¯ HOW I USE FORK!?

Beef stew is amazing. One might even go as far as saying it is awe-inspiring.

I'm pretty sure God ate some before he created everything. :-P
I need a signature SO amazing, and SO funny, that when you read it, you say, "Hey, that's pretty funny."
2006-07-28, 10:32 AM #26
Chicken wings aren't more manly than steak.
2006-07-28, 11:13 AM #27
Anyone can beat up a chicken, but can you take down a cow.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-28, 12:32 PM #28
No way. Beed Barley stew > plain john beef stew. There is no question. You may disagree only because you have not tasted beef barley stew. End of discussion.

EDIT: Corrected.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-28, 12:48 PM #29
Soup is for pussies. This is about STEW.
2006-07-28, 12:57 PM #30
Stew sucks. Kill a bird and fry it.
Attachment: 13370/fried_chicken.jpg (35,398 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-07-28, 1:01 PM #31
looks like your dykeish face. :)
2006-07-28, 1:04 PM #32
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Tofu is a nub. Chicken wings are the manliest food. With extra sauce.[/QUOTE]
Jesus Christ you are a shame to all men.
2006-07-28, 1:05 PM #33
Originally posted by Shintock:
Soup is for pussies. This is about STEW.

My mistake, it is actually is a stew. Look it up.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-28, 2:05 PM #34
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Maddox wannabe ?

You're just mad because you're too short and insecure in your manliness to properly enjoy beef stew.

Instead you overcompensate with a gun that is longer than you are tall. The very epitome of a man who need to make up for his latent womanlyness. For shame.

For shame.

Everyone knows REAL MEN kill things with either axes or their bare hands. Ocassionally their teeth. But most men don't use their teeth, I mean what if they break them? You need teeth to enjoy even the least manly of manfoods.
2006-07-28, 2:28 PM #35
wait - does liking beef stew make me masculine?
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-28, 2:49 PM #36
I have two words for this topic:

DINTY MOORE.
A dream is beautiful because it remains a dream.
2006-07-28, 2:49 PM #37
No, it just makes you awesome.
nope.
2006-07-28, 2:51 PM #38
Originally posted by sugarless5:
wait - does liking beef stew make me masculine?

Yes.

Yes it does.

Better be careful how much you eat, you might grow massive amounts of facial hair.

You'd have to change your name to "DiabeticLumberJill"
2006-07-28, 2:53 PM #39
:( I guess I'll start stocking up on flannel shirts
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-28, 8:37 PM #40
Don't forget the shaving cream and razors.

↑ Up to the top!