Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lets Play Jedi Knight (When we are playing)
Lets Play Jedi Knight (When we are playing)
2004-06-26, 2:02 PM #1
Levels? - Jedi High School which you can download at massassi.
Mods? No, I don't want to murder our 56k friends.
When? - June 30th, 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Host? - The first person who wants to host, and has a good PC that can handle all of us will host. I can't host because my firewall sucks or something. I never have been able to host.

This is final so don't complain [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-26, 2:05 PM #2
I'd join if it was eariler... 19:00 EST is midnight here (GMT). I might join for a while though.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-26, 2:24 PM #3
June 30th is when spiderman comes out. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-26, 2:53 PM #4
Wow. It's like you planned it so I couldn't play. You suck. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

How long will it last? I won't be able to play until about two hours after it starts.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 26, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 2:44 AM #5
I'd play, but a) that's at midnight over here and b) JHS isn't my cup of tea, but I would be able to host if I were so inclined.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
This is out of our jurisdiction, Bob. It's not wearing any pants.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-27, 5:47 AM #6
Lets start a debate, b/c SAJN loves those. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Does anyone think JHS is overrated?

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-27, 5:49 AM #7
I really hate you all. I can't even put a sinmple fun get together... together.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
2004-06-27, 5:49 AM #8
Yes. It's a classic, I'll give it that, but it's really not that great of a map. Simple and ugly.

------------------
2004-06-27, 5:54 AM #9
Yes you can. You've stated the level, mods, and time of the game, and now all you need is a host. All that's left is to wait until June 30th, and if we don't say anything in this thread it'll die and you'll never get a host.

------------------
2004-06-27, 6:00 AM #10
When making gaming get togethers, you need to specify an entire period of time. Say... A day. That way, people can keep comming into the mIRC room and playing, even though YOU might not still be there. Pretty simple, actually.

Also, CTF would be more appropriete, since you'll probably have a good number of people, which is rare, and very fun for JKCTF. Not to mention, you're forcing everyone to play the level YOU want to play. No Mods, I understand. But specifying such a crappy level that few people enjoy is a bad idea. Maybe, instead, you could make a list of levels that everyone should download by the 30th, and then choose from those levels on the 30th.

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited June 27, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-27, 7:17 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
such a crappy level that few people enjoy </font>

Level Info:
File Name: Jedi's High School
File Size: 283k
Date: 06/02/00
Author: PeD_HeAd
Downloads: 35612

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/447.shtml

------------------
moo
moo
2004-06-27, 8:08 AM #12
Chester High School might've been fun, too. Maybe you could add it as a possibility for when everyone starts to get board?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 8:52 AM #13
I'll bring out the AOL card, because it does prove a point. "Just because AOL is the most used internet service, does that mean it's good?" Same goes with JHS. It's fairly good, it's a classic. You don't play it for good flow and powerup placement, you play it just for ****s and giggles, which is what the majority of JK players played for in the first place.

I'll also point out how fun JHS can be with mods. From 1999 to 2002, the three years I played on the Zone, the vast majority of JHS games I saw were with mods.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-06-27, 8:54 AM #14
Its VERY fun with Ninja Kage, but I wasn't sure the 56kers would be up to it.

------------------
2004-06-27, 9:18 AM #15
You just don't like JHS because it's popular! You're a silly emo punk high school metal militia rocker who thinks everything is bad because it's popular! I'll have you know I'm also on AOL dialup and I would have it no other way. AOL dial is the best ISP the world has seen, but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy hating it for being popular!

------------------
moo
moo
2004-06-27, 9:21 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">emo punk high school metal militia rocker </font>

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-27, 9:23 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by POA_CraPPinCoW:
You just don't like JHS because it's popular! You're a silly emo punk high school metal militia rocker who thinks everything is bad because it's popular! I'll have you know I'm also on AOL dialup and I would have it no other way. AOL dial is the best ISP the world has seen, but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy hating it for being popular!
</font>

Thank you for making my day.

Oh, and would this also mean we all love George W Bush because he isn't popular?
2004-06-27, 9:33 AM #18
Quote:

</font>

WTF was that?

Probably nobody knows how good AOL's internet service actually is, because it's sluggish software brings it way down.

I've had quite a few ISPs, and AOL is definitely not one of the best.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 27, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 11:04 AM #19
Why do you have to be so negative about something so positive. AOL is a pioneer in internet technology. Hand in hand with Al Gore they MADE the internet. They also have the best parental controls available, so put that in your pipes and smoke it you hoity toity AOL haters. I bet you think cable is teh way to go, well I'll have you know broadband internet is a creative of the devil that only allows you download your blasphemous materials faster so you can bewarped and twistedthat much quicker!

------------------
moo
moo
2004-06-27, 11:05 AM #20
Quote:
I'll have you know I'm also on AOL dialup and I would have it no other way. AOL dial is the best ISP the world has seen, but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy hating it for being popular!

</font>

You're kidding....right?

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-27, 11:11 AM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
June 30th is when spiderman comes out. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

Yeah, can't you reschedule? I've been waiting for this JK thing, but I've already got plans to go see Spiderman 2.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-27, 11:17 AM #22
This thread has somehow, I have no clue how turned into a debate. I am pissed I am going to cool off. Sure i will re schedule i forgot about siderman.

------------------
2004-06-27, 11:38 AM #23
Quote:
Why do you have to be so negative about something so positive. AOL is a pioneer in internet technology. Hand in hand with Al Gore they MADE the internet. They also have the best parental controls available, so put that in your pipes and smoke it you hoity toity AOL haters. I bet you think cable is teh way to go, well I'll have you know broadband internet is a creative of the devil that only allows you download your blasphemous materials faster so you can bewarped and twistedthat much quicker!

</font>

Um...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-27, 12:11 PM #24
Quote:

</font>

6 total posts, and you've already become one of the biggest asses I know.

I'm not about to debate how good AOL is[n't]. It speaks for itself. Do some research.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 27, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 12:30 PM #25
It's clearly a regular ian just under a new name to dick around with us. Some of it's pretty funny, too.

------------------
2004-06-27, 12:30 PM #26
Sajn you have to admit this is funny in an ironic sort of way. It might not be right, but it's funny.

On a side note, AOL pretty much sucks, deal with it, and talk about this game.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-27, 1:11 PM #27
...It's got to be a joke... But then again, if it was a ian, wouldn't the nick probably be something like "AOL4EVAR" or something?

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-06-27, 1:58 PM #28
No, an old name perhaps, or it could be some random visitor trying to be funny.

------------------
2004-06-27, 2:36 PM #29
His profiles says he registered on May 21, 2001.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 3:43 PM #30
Don't be so concerned with who I am, only that I'm here to call you on your misconceptions of AOL and JHS! I am the angel of JK, here to protect the sacred levels nad internet connections held in deep love by our original ancestors!

------------------
moo
moo
2004-06-27, 4:32 PM #31
Now I'm just scared.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 4:37 PM #32
I don't care who POA_CraPPinCoW is, but I love him.

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-06-27, 4:41 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
His profiles says he registered on May 21, 2001.</font>

An old account, perhaps...

------------------
2004-06-27, 5:02 PM #34
I vote to make it an old, banned, and blown up account.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-06-27, 5:07 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:
I don't care who POA_CraPPinCoW is, but I love him.

</font>

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-06-27, 5:09 PM #36
Quote:
Don't be so concerned with who I am, only that I'm here to call you on your misconceptions of AOL and JHS! I am the angel of JK, here to protect the sacred levels nad internet connections held in deep love by our original ancestors!

</font>

Quick - stomp on him before he MUTIPLIES!!!!

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-06-27, 7:26 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
It's clearly a regular ian just under a new name to dick around with us. Some of it's pretty funny, too.
</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
...It's got to be a joke... But then again, if it was a ian, wouldn't the nick probably be something like "AOL4EVAR" or something?
</font>

You people truly have no idea what it's like for me when you say "ian". I know exactly what it refers to, but it always takes a second to sink in becuase my real name IS Ian. Therfore, for one second, I think you're talking about me. Very confusing.... It's slightly better when there's a dash in front.

Yeah... I'll just be going now.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-28, 8:11 AM #38
Ya know, it could be Brian, since he has access to the SQL database, he can change the registered date and all that jazz as he wants, which would be perfect for this sort of joke.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-28, 8:14 AM #39
Except the forums dont use an SQL database. But yeah, he could change the file which stores the members info.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-28, 10:22 AM #40
June 30th is my b-day! Yes ill go see spiderman, yes ill play mp. Wahahahaha!

------------------
Ya know ive noticed that turning into a grown up just means you have more power to change your body into crap.
Light And Darkness|Remnant Temple Part A|A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!