Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Happy Canada Day!
Happy Canada Day!
2004-07-01, 3:52 AM #1
All you Canadians, post here, eh.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-07-01, 5:16 AM #2
Huzzah! Everything's closed, and I wanted to go out and buy a game [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

...Eh?

------------------
"My god, it's full of stars!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-01, 5:34 AM #3
YAY!!!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-07-01, 5:46 AM #4
Go Canada!

*does a Newfie jig*

------------------
[="Mothers stop cooking take off your aprons; Fathers stop looking at every sports station; Take a second, and think of every poor nation." - Nas=]

Massassian since: March 12, 2001
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-07-01, 5:59 AM #5
Canada day already? It's only been twelve months!

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-01, 7:33 AM #6
Yay Canada. Canada > Congo.

------------------
Juztyn
Taking credit for: Canyon Stream, Higher Ground, The Space Between, Death's Dome (mlp3), bits of JKRPG, and the entire Showcase forum, damnit!... Visit SWGalaxies.net for the latest Star Wars: Galaxies information!
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2004-07-01, 8:01 AM #7
Now why is it that Canada can't be better than the USA but it can be better than the Congo? INJUSTICE!

Lets try not to get into a debate over which country is the greatest, ok? -DSettahr

[This message has been edited by DSettahr (edited July 01, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited July 01, 2004).]
2004-07-01, 8:11 AM #8
Free Manadarin buffets until 8:30 in southern Ontario. Awesome, but I won't go due to lineups...
2004-07-01, 8:34 AM #9
Hooray for our neighbors to the north! Also hooray for me because of my dual citizenship! >_>

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-01, 8:36 AM #10
:dance:

:canada:
2004-07-01, 9:46 AM #11
Happy Birthday, Dan Aykroyd!

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-07-01, 9:58 AM #12
Canada > the moon

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-01, 10:38 AM #13
No Canada Bashing, please. -DSettahr

2004-07-01, 10:50 AM #14
Last time I checked, the purpose of this thread was not to discuss which countries are better or worse than Canada. -DSettahr

Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
2004-07-01, 10:56 AM #15
LOL.

Hay guys, let's turn this thread about Canada day into a debate about the best nation kay? LOLOL YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO SMART. LOL.

p.s.: I hate all of you and want you to die
2004-07-01, 10:58 AM #16
I just like that Canada day is apparently interpreted by the average Canadian on these boards as 'Anti-US day'.
2004-07-01, 11:07 AM #17
I was in Vancover in 2001 during Canada Day. But also in China town. God China Town rocks so much. BEST. FOOD. EVER!

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 01, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-01, 11:07 AM #18
Anyone who posts anything indicating that other countries are better or worse than Canada in this thread from now on runs the risk of being banned. You have been warned.

Oh, and Happy Canada Day!

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage
2004-07-01, 11:11 AM #19
BANNED

2004-07-01, 11:19 AM #20
Why can't I get free mandarin buffet on the 4th. Stupid Americans with their "thanksgiving". Who wants TURKEY? I mean, seriously, it's chicken wannabe.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-01, 11:30 AM #21
Can't we insult the US if we are US citizens currently living in the US, like myself? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

GO CANADA... um... yeah. ⌐_⌐

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! | Mega-ZForums

Bot Pack JO | Let's Roll JK | Bespin JA | Patch Enforcer JK/MotS | Pac-Man JK

"how harsh... Jedi Kirby loves his 'Special' and unique way of talking." - jEDIkIRBY, circa 2002

2004-07-01, 12:57 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Anyone who posts anything indicating that other countries are better or worse than Canada in this thread from now on runs the risk of being banned.

</font>

Does anyone else find this comment deeply humerous, its definately something i'd never ever expect to see written in my lifetime.

merry canada day.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-01, 1:18 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slug:
I just like that Canada day is apparently interpreted by the average Canadian on these boards as 'Anti-US day'.</font>

Actually, I see it as National Move Out of your Apartment day. apparently july 1st is also the hottest day ever to work your arse off carrying a fridge down a flight of stairs to a truck. Fun times =D

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-01, 2:55 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Seb:
Actually, I see it as National Move Out of your Apartment day. apparently july 1st is also the hottest day ever to work your arse off carrying a fridge down a flight of stairs to a truck. Fun times =D</font>

Yeah the housing crisis in the big cities here in Quebec is ridiculous.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-01, 3:01 PM #25
I like America, and so do most other Canadian massassi people.

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-01, 3:03 PM #26
Canada day already? Damn, I haven't had time to sober up from St-Jean-Baptiste yet!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-01, 3:52 PM #27
I got to be in Canada on Canada Day, even though I'm American.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-01, 3:53 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Canada day already? Damn, I haven't had time to sober up from St-Jean-Baptiste yet!
</font>

I had to work on St-Jean [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2004-07-01, 5:30 PM #29
Was gonna get my hair cut and have some keys made and do some many other errands.. then I realized it was canada day and all the stores were closed...

How old is Canada now? our cential was a few years back was it not? Canada around 100-104 i think... I don't listen to the news much or anything else.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-07-01, 5:39 PM #30
I went to the fireworks in my town with my ex-girlfriend. Kinda awkward.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-07-01, 5:50 PM #31
Happy Canada Day!

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-07-01, 5:52 PM #32
137 years.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-01, 7:00 PM #33
Well.. depends on when you start counting! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-01, 8:49 PM #34
Usually we count from when Canada was officially created. It's not like we can just chose an arbitrary date [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Oh, hey. I'm 35, rather then 20, because I wanted to start counting from when man landed on the moon, rather then when I was born. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Juztyn
Taking credit for: Canyon Stream, Higher Ground, The Space Between, Death's Dome (mlp3), bits of JKRPG, and the entire Showcase forum, damnit!... Visit SWGalaxies.net for the latest Star Wars: Galaxies information!
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2004-07-01, 8:54 PM #35
Today I found out that William Shatner is Canadian.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-07-01, 10:54 PM #36
Shatner > soup

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-01, 11:09 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ******:
Usually we count from when Canada was officially created. It's not like we can just chose an arbitrary date [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]</font>

Yeah but countries don't just pop up on the map all the sudden.

First you had new france, then the british conquered it and it became the province of quebec (while some parts became part of modern day US), then it got split in two and became the high and the low canadas, then it became the dominion of canada, and full independance wasn't achieved until after the first world war... heck, 'kebec' was there before new france was founded - it was just populated by non-europeans!

So when do you start counting? From when a comitee decided on the name "canada" from a list of other possibilities? You can't really determine how old the country is, because it wasn't created in a day!

------------------
2004-07-02, 12:09 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Seb:
137 years.</font>

Seb's right Flex, we start counting from when the first four provinces signed the confederation.

------------------
2004-07-02, 12:52 AM #39
I know, I'm just saying the number doesn't really mean anything - because there was something before that, and before that, and before that... Essentially we could've started counting from any of a number of different events.

------------------
2004-07-02, 2:47 AM #40
I used to have a pair of teachers from Canadia. They were pretty good, but they had to bugger off back due to the end of their contract. They also brought in stuff for their groups on Canada day.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!