Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone remember the good old days of JK on the Zone?
Anyone remember the good old days of JK on the Zone?
2003-12-01, 3:37 AM #41

So, where does everyone play?? Alot of people are talking about how they hate GSA and The Zone. So where do you play? (if at all)

------------------
Signatures are overrated.

"You can run but you will only die tired."
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2003-12-01, 3:50 AM #42
I used to like playing with the build cogs and making rooms out of doors

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2003-12-01, 4:06 AM #43
Heh, the Big Fluffy Pack. Heehee.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2003-12-01, 4:07 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:

So, where does everyone play?? Alot of people are talking about how they hate GSA and The Zone. So where do you play? (if at all)

</font>

They might be playing over the direct TCP/IP.
2003-12-01, 4:24 AM #45
#Massgames and #UR play pretty much all weekend long.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-12-01, 7:28 AM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">#Massgames and #UR play pretty much all weekend long.</font>

Except those times when MentatMM logs on. :/

I've been whoring out #massgames for 2 weeks and have only had one game (which I was kicked from), so if anyone is looking for a game (even mods if they don't totally stink), msg me (MentatMM)! I'm there right now if you hurry!

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com

[This message has been edited by MentatMM (edited December 01, 2003).]
2003-12-01, 9:00 AM #47
I miss those days playing KWP in JHS [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

"No #9! No #9! It lags! Kick him"

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-01, 9:01 AM #48
I remember JediJess, she was especially cool because she was from my country.

------------------
They came to sieze and take whatever they please,
Then all they gave back was death and disease.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2003-12-01, 12:09 PM #49
[Noob question]

What is MassGames and how do I get/join it?

[Noob Question]

------------------

2003-12-01, 12:13 PM #50
It's a chatroom, join the massassi chat (http://www.massassi.net/chat for instructions) then type "/join #massgames" (Without the quotes) [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-12-01, 12:29 PM #51
Thx TheJkWhoSaysNi [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2003-12-01, 12:32 PM #52
[plug]Join #UR too![/plug]

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2003-12-01, 1:59 PM #53
I actually used to love the Zone. Long time ago, played in it shortly after JK came out. I used to hack a lot, but I never did it in "N0 H@X" games. I was a good little boy, and always kept to the hacker games.

To show just how early it was when I joined the Zone, I went by the three letter name of "tlh". I later joined a really horrible clan, and changed to JLCodingOfficer. I then left the Zone forever, and have played JK MP once since then. Which is sad, because every mod I develop (though never release) is for MP.

------------------
His pot is blacker than his kettle!

Phoenix Swords
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2003-12-01, 2:19 PM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
I miss those days playing KWP in JHS [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

"No #9! No #9! It lags! Kick him"

</font>

I never understood that how does one gun make lag over the others? I think it was because it was overpowered [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2003-12-01, 3:35 PM #55
this thread makes me want to ask this question... any good widely used game finding programs out there.... something like qtracker would be nice... as in non-bloatware ...

what i hate about the zone is everything and GSA is slow and bloated... and doesn't support some of the games I WANT TO PLAY

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-12-01, 5:22 PM #56
ASE (All-Seeing-Eye) was pretty good... too bad there were never enough players and it only supported a few games. =/

but GSA and the Zone have always been, and will always be, full of morons... why? because anything MSN attracts that crowd just as anything GameSpy does [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support."
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-01, 5:36 PM #57
I haven't played JK in...forever. As soon as Drazen Isle was done my interest in JK just kinda...dropped off the face of the earth. Burning out can do that though.....as can Asheron's Call.

------------------

Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2003-12-03, 5:38 AM #58
I grew up with DF, and JK. Started on the zone with a Pentium 133mhz when it was the shiznick and been there ever since..though the mob mentality has increased at the zone.
I played at massgames# once w/ JediKirby and Checksum and had a good BGJ NF Sabz game that lasted about an hour. I only came b/c the zone was down for a few days but it was a nice break. I understand how you feel, I had many a good time and met new kewl friends on the zone, some friendships lasting a couple of years even. The zone+JK= my escape from the real world for about, oh, 6-7 years? I recently got a new PC so im thinking of trying JO and JA, hopefully getting cable this Xmas. I think our generation of zoners should perhaps move on together to JO now? Sure were kinda slow when it comes to upgrading to the newer games, but JK has captivated us all for sure. Especsially since the Team Battle Beta was released. Yay! *Lights a candle for zone and the good memories*

------------------
  • A.K.A Spartanpigg @ MSN Zone
  • FUGE0> if i suddenly type in 911, trace my IP and have the paramedics show up at my door, with all these eggs, and smoking, it might very well kill me
  • MY OWNAGE
  • A.K.A Spartanpigg @ MSN Zone
  • FUGE0: if i suddenly type in 911, trace my IP and have the paramedics show up at my door, with all these eggs, and smoking, it might very well kill me
  • Screenshots of various degrees of JK ownage
2003-12-03, 7:13 AM #59
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">this thread makes me want to ask this question... any good widely used game finding programs out there.... something like qtracker would be nice... as in non-bloatware ...</font>

Qtracker is the only one that supports JK and MotS. There used to be a program called Recon Droid (am I the only one that remembers this?), that worked through the old jediBoard (similar to how Qtracker did at one time). The jediBoard has died out (problem with the cgi script and they don't seem to have any plan of fixing it, despite my complaints), so that would make Recon Droid obsolete even if you were able to find it. Qtracker now uses its own system (QtUplink) for hosting/joining JK/MotS games without using the jediBoard. I've been unable to see any of the games I've been hosting for a month now but I e-mailed Ron Mercer (creator of Qtracker) and he said he'll look into it and release a patch if he finds anything (he's really good about responding to e-mails and fixing bugs). Anyone else having problems seeing their servers and/or hosting/joining games?

http://www.qtracker.com

Also, Qtracker has some mIRC features built in for those of you in #massgames. Hosting on Qtracker and mIRC at the same time would be great (we used to do this in #jediknight on ETG for years).

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-12-03, 8:07 AM #60
yeah, ReconDroid... i never used it but i remember it ;D

I tried a few times- back in the day - to use the game posting/viewing system on JediKnight.net but never could figure it out [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

eventually i lost interest with that site since Massassi was a much better community... then i found out about regular IP games and forgot abou the Zone, GSA etc (=

------------------
"Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support."
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2003-12-03, 9:33 AM #61
Ah...memories. I was one of those less informed newbies. You could never ever ever find a game. I proabably came much later than the rest of you. I wasn't conciously paying attention to any of the social status stuff. I did pick up on the

"com paly @ 43 no cheat" type of thing.
2004-07-02, 4:04 AM #62
Oh god. Kill me, please.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.

[This message has been edited by - Tony - (edited July 02, 2004).]
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-02, 5:01 AM #63
Yeah I'd still play there... if JK wasn't so damn old. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
They call him El Diablo... *whip crack*
They call him El Diablo... *whip crack*
2004-07-02, 7:06 AM #64
NecrooooooooooooooomancY

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-02, 9:40 AM #65
WTF?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-02, 1:42 PM #66
Speaking of things that are old...

/me points at this thread.

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-07-02, 2:27 PM #67
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
#Massgames and #UR play pretty much all weekend long.

JediKirby

</font>

Really? #Massgames is always inactive when I'm in there. I'll have to spend some time in #UR.

It seems like the people in #Massgames (myself included) just wait for someone else to start a game, then join that. we never start a game ourselves, so there's never any playing going on.

Oh, this is an old thread. I guess the places were more active in december.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede

[This message has been edited by Chaz Ghostle (edited July 02, 2004).]
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-02, 2:36 PM #68
I remember the zone, I haven't been there for like 2-3 years. I had alot of fun times on the zone, I remember having two good friends there. One I met from playing JK and the other was XWA. I remember playing Chaos Eternal with the both of them.....I miss my childhood. I hate growing up....
2004-07-02, 2:41 PM #69
Drazen was cool, so was uhm... what was that other one? ah well... but The Zone was hell, I always had problems with it... mah well.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-07-02, 2:46 PM #70
Holy dead thread revival Batman!

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-03, 3:31 PM #71
#massgames is dead however there will be a soon kick in the butt to make it alive again. I am working on stuff to get a better way to launch/play JK games in #massgames and in the mean time MZZT has a Bot set up for telling about games. No one uses it though, but when I finish PE for mIRC, it will have a whole system to play games just by typing !info or !join or whatever.
Best modders are CaveDemon, SavageX, ID_Junkguy, and the guys who made JKArena.
Best levels are JHS, Drazen, JKA levels, Ceaser's Palace, and others I forgot.
Best mods are KWP, EWP, JKA, FR (SS3), RR (Rolling Revolutions), ATTC, and Baron's Hed RPG.

We play them all in #massgames, so come on by and see if we want to play.

BTW, where did Checksum go? Really could use him now-a-days.

------------------
A computer's worst nightmare:

[This message has been edited by gammasts.]
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2004-07-03, 3:35 PM #72
My memories of the Zone are limited. What I do recall though is my damn computer freezing up all the time. I neve finished a game of JK MP once.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-07-03, 4:40 PM #73
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sayo_H:
Sorry, forgot to add SavageX, the other l33t modder :P</font>

egoboost++;

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-03, 5:57 PM #74
I was playing on the Zone since I was nine I think, up to eleven or twelve, and then I dropped it because I was bored. About a year later I come back and it's dead, along with the gay new Zone look. I miss the old look, the yellow and green look, with the old stuff. Heh, I use to play JK on a Windows 95 with a Pentium 1 and 640x480 graphics, or whatever the number is. It was LOW, but for that time it was kickass!

I've stopped using the Zone because it sux0rz. And, as stated before, the Zone was my English teacher. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-07-03, 8:01 PM #75
I remember dropping by a room a couple (maybe a few?) years ago and they weren't playing because they were too busy discussing issues such as the death penalty.

I haven't been back to the zone since I tried to play JO there a while ago.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-07-04, 3:24 AM #76
Well it was interesting reading my opinion from 6 months ago, and I am still compelled to agree with it.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net

↑ Up to the top!