Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Favorite Movie Scene.
Favorite Movie Scene.
2006-10-15, 9:12 PM #1
The Space Battle Of Endor.
Yours?
2006-10-15, 9:13 PM #2
The Siege of Zion.

-Or Duel of the Fates. Either one's good.
2006-10-15, 9:16 PM #3
Um... a single favorite movie scene? I'll have to think on that...
2006-10-15, 9:16 PM #4
The end of Casablanca or maybe the scene in Pulp Fiction with Christopher Walken...
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-15, 9:17 PM #5
Fight Club. The end part.
2006-10-15, 9:23 PM #6
*** TO ***!!!

Really.
D E A T H
2006-10-15, 9:24 PM #7
The lightsaber battle between Luke and Vader at the end of RoTJ.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-15, 9:30 PM #8
Has anyone noticed how much blue there is in ROTJ and to a lesser extent ESB?
2006-10-15, 9:37 PM #9
Um, no?

In fact, I'd be willing to bet *every* other color occurs more often in RotJ than blue.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-15, 9:42 PM #10
******* isn't even Changing course.

*ships appear*

Target the Reavers, Target all of the Reavers...
SOMEBODY FIRE!!!
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-10-15, 9:47 PM #11
Originally posted by Veger:
******* isn't even Changing course.

*ships appear*

Target the Reavers, Target all of the Reavers...
SOMEBODY FIRE!!!

This, as well as the title sequence where the camera swings around the ship... that music gives me goosebumps every time...
Stuff
2006-10-15, 10:00 PM #12
the piano through the "big ****in window" scene

-Legend of 1900
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-10-15, 10:03 PM #13
The end of Edward Scissorhands.

Oh, when bubba dies on Forrest Gump. While amazingly sad, and I do cry almost every time.. I find is about the most well done sappy moment of any movie ever.
2006-10-15, 10:13 PM #14
Favourite? That's a toughie. The scene that affects me the most emotionally, though, is in Hotel Rwanda. It's when They find the children at the end. Chokes me up every time.
2006-10-15, 10:19 PM #15
Hallway Scene in the Matrix
Opening Scene in Pulp Fiction ("That IS a tasty burger!")
Opening sequence in Raiders of the Lost Ark
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-10-15, 10:28 PM #16
Probably not my favorite of all time but the fight scene between Roddy Piper and Keith David in They Live comes to mind right now.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2006-10-15, 10:30 PM #17
The scene in Tombstone where a drunk Doc Holliday completely mock Jonny Ringo by twirling his little tin cup.
Pissed Off?
2006-10-15, 11:48 PM #18
Near the end of The Rock when Nick Cage sets off the green flares as the fighters are screaming in.

That film also has my favourite opening credits of any movie, ever.

"This is General Hummel! You've got to get my men out of there!"
"We don't have clearance to go behind enemy lines!"
"...they're not coming for us, are they, sir?"

*whistles the theme tune*
2006-10-16, 1:03 AM #19
When Gollum gets the Ring back at the end of Return of the King. The music on that scene is perfect.
2006-10-16, 2:02 AM #20
"Why couldn't you just put the bunny back in the box"
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-10-16, 2:23 AM #21
The scene by the lake on Naboo in AotC.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-10-16, 5:38 AM #22
Fine if people are going to mention Endor, then I will too. The part when the ew*k dies, and his buddy tries to get him up :D

I can't think of an actual favorite scene ever though..
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-10-16, 5:51 AM #23
The scene where the little girl gets shot in "Crash".

That scene dropped my jaw the first time I saw it, and I still get goosebumps when I see it.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-10-16, 5:58 AM #24
I don't have a specific favourite. But one of them is the ending of An Officer and A Gentleman in the factory.
nope.
2006-10-16, 6:22 AM #25
- Asian Club scene in Collateral where they are looking for Vincent and trying to protect their witness

- Scene in Collateral where Vincent and Max are in the taxi and the wolf and some other animal cross the road(in LA).

- Scene in Cruel Intentions where Reese Witherspoon is coming up the elevator

- Scene in The Bourne Supremacy where Jason Bourne is going through the store after getting shot clean through the sholder and just pulls a bottle of booze of the shelf and continues to walk non-chalant just pointing a gun at anyone who gets in his way. (So many great scenes in the Bourne films)

- Scene in The Bourne Supremacy Bourne is on a rooftop with sniper rifle pointing at Pamela Landy - "Where can I find her?" "She's standing right next to you, Pam"

- Scene in The Bourne Identity Jason vs. other Agent at country house in france where Jason ends up taking him down with the shotgun in the field

- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade desert convoy attack scene

- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Indy, Father, and what's his name riding off into the sunset. ;)

- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Darth Vader: "I am your father"
2006-10-16, 6:38 AM #26
The Matrix, lobby shootout.

Saving Private Ryan, Omaha beach landing.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-10-16, 6:42 AM #27
The Prater Wheel scene in The Third Man. Nothing else compares.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-10-16, 11:29 AM #28
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]*** TO ***!!!

Really.[/QUOTE]

in Requiem for a Dream?
2006-10-16, 11:36 AM #29
I was just talking to dud about this.

The bridge scene in the Dwarven city in FotR, and then the conclusion in TTT. Great scene with Gandalf fighting the Balrog.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-10-16, 12:26 PM #30
Final concert in the movie Rockstar, where a guy from the audience gets lifted onto the stage to sing while the singer just walks off and quits.
2006-10-16, 12:54 PM #31
The fight scene at the start of the movie 'Brotherhood of the Wolf'.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-10-16, 1:18 PM #32
Hmmm, I don't know, there are just so many. The first thing that comes to mind though is the Death Star trench in A New Hope.

EDIT: ****, also the scene in the Godfather where Michael shoots Sollozzo and the police captain. There are just so many good scenes I cannot choose. :(
2006-10-16, 1:24 PM #33
Too many scenes to choose from, but I'll go with Terminator 2's nuclear explosion dream scene for this moment.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-10-16, 1:30 PM #34
Venkman: Alice, I'm going to ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetant?

Alice the Librarian: My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome.

Venkman: I'd call that a big yes. Uh, are you habitually using drugs? Stimulants? Alcohol?

Alice the Librarian: No.

Venkman: No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?

Library Head: What's that got to do with it?

Venkman: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
2006-10-16, 2:12 PM #35
Originally posted by at0mic:
When Gollum gets the Ring back at the end of Return of the King. The music on that scene is perfect.

I second that.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-10-16, 3:03 PM #36
The Christopher Walken/Dennis Hopper scene in True Romance
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2006-10-16, 3:12 PM #37
My number one favorite is probably the scene in the Godfather where Vito Corleone is looking at the body of Santino and the background fades to black. Other favorites are:

-The "Near Life Experience" scene in Fight Club

-The pep talk Christopher Walken's character gives at the end of Poolhall Junkies

-The speech Al Pacino's character gives at a debtors anonymous meeting in Two for the Money

-The final speech Max gives Vincent before wrecking the car in Collateral

-The scene in Broken Saints where Raimi saves Oran from Kamimurah
2006-10-16, 8:06 PM #38
-The final boxing match in Snatch
-The ending of The Wicker Man (the original at least, I haven't seen the remake)
-The hospital scene in Jacob's Ladder
-The "Death Star Contractor" conversation in Clerks
-The dinner scene in Eraserhead
2006-10-16, 8:15 PM #39
Maybe not my all-time favorite, but the opening scene of Apocalypse Now with the helicopter in slow motion, and The End by The Doors playing in the background.
2006-10-16, 9:24 PM #40
Mine is definitley Anakin and Padme talking about sand. Top notch dialogue and acting
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!