Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What kind of RTS style do you have?
What kind of RTS style do you have?
2006-10-29, 12:50 PM #41
Originally posted by happydud:
Hey Chaz! Haven't seen you around in a while.

I've made a few posts this week. Over the summer, if I was on the computer, I was usually playing WoW.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-10-29, 12:58 PM #42
Wow some people here actually have GB?
I know its got some major technicle stupidities [Air to Air= Hover in one place and shoot at eachother]but its still a damn fun game.
When i play i mostly turtle and try to make some out of the way hidden base for the holocrons.
2006-10-29, 1:02 PM #43
I just suck at RTS games. I take too long, I suck at multitasking.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-10-29, 1:33 PM #44
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]That doesn't work at all against someone who knows what range is, but it's still funny when it works :D

Most effective method: dropping on the enemy's command center/resource gathering. No resources = no units = no chance.[/QUOTE]

Thats why the rest of my units are behind my wall of useless turrets. :P

From that point I slaughter and march to their base and destroy everything else.
2006-10-29, 2:15 PM #45
In starcraft, I always massed by army far away from my main base; much closer to the enemy base. I'd stick a couple of command centers / nexuses / hives between my main base and theirs, and put a few units there. When they fell on the week bases, I'd order my civilian units to my main base. Without fail, my opponent would chase them, throwing his entire army into my defenses. Then my army would attack his base, usually from atleast two directions at once. Now, he has two choices: Continue assualting my base, and hope his defenses repel me, or order his army back to reinforce his base. Either way, I get to pound the **** out of his base. If his army comes rushing back, it works out even better for me, as my base can build a replacement army undisturbed. I'll let his army and base fight my army to the death, then pounce on him with a reinforcments. Works is pretty much any RTS, actually. Works best with carriers, though.

In AoEII, it was always fun to sneak a civvie into their base and start building bombard towers. They kill most units in one or two hits, and a group of them together is almost invincible. But the monk rush is quicker, and monks can be damn effective if you research building-conversions.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-10-29, 2:34 PM #46
My most memorable strategy was in Galactic Battlegrounds. As early as possible in the game I used a bomber to clear a spot open in a giant forest, then used an air transport to get my workers in there and start building a super base. I eventually cleared an exit out of the forest, with a solid mass of gates all the way to the end>.> Then I built a crapload of units and pwned the enemy.

o.0
2006-10-29, 4:26 PM #47
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Well durr. Anyone who's ever played WH40k for real would know that.[/QUOTE]

Apparantly somewhere a few days ago I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't even bother with them when I could increase my number of Leman Russ's.

Conclusion: I'm an idiot. I blame DoWPro's Infantry Resource not having enough infantry to make it worthwhile.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-10-29, 4:44 PM #48
I turtle mostly because I just like building structures. I suck horribly at RTS anyway so I play them mostly because they look cool.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-10-29, 4:44 PM #49
The only RTS I ever completed is Shogun: Total War.

Where my usual strategy consists of claiming a nearby hill, letting the enemy come over to me to tire them out and to then rain arrows on them while they clamber uphill, further tiring them out and tinning out their ranks. Then let pikemen and cavalry finish whatever's left.

Of course this is when I'm the "defending" player. When attacking my strategies vastly vary depending on the map and weather conditions. Although I do like me archers in almost any situation, yes I do.
Seishun da!

↑ Up to the top!