Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 5.15 an hour
5.15 an hour
2004-07-06, 4:36 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
About how much does flippin' burgers at MickyD's pay? </font>
About four quid an hour over here for over 18's. No tips, though. The only tips I've ever seen are in restraurants, and even then I rarely do.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-06, 4:39 AM #42
I never go with the '15% of final cost' stuff.

If the waiter has been nice, I give him a big tip. If he's been an arse, then I don't.

How expensive my meal was doesn't make any difference. Unless I'm supposed to tip the chef as well.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-06, 4:43 AM #43
Finland lacks the tipping culture. Yet service jobs aren't well-paid.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-07-06, 1:04 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
I never go with the '15% of final cost' stuff.

If the waiter has been nice, I give him a big tip. If he's been an arse, then I don't.

How expensive my meal was doesn't make any difference. Unless I'm supposed to tip the chef as well.
</font>

You've probably made many a waiter angry at you. Sure, if they do a bad job, tip less than 15%, but you have to leave them SOMETHING. Just remember that tips are their primary source of income, and it is a very very stressful job.

↑ Up to the top!