Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Are You Afraid Of Death ?
Are You Afraid Of Death ?
2004-07-04, 5:50 AM #41
Sometimes when I lose my sense of reality, I get scared ****less of being nothing. I don't really believe in an afterlife, because it's probably just a state of mind as you die that seems last for eternity. I'm mostly afraid of dying, but still scared of not being able to finish things that needed finishing. I want to die in bed, old and toothless as they say [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif].

------------------
"My god, it's full of stars!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-04, 6:00 AM #42
To all you "Christians" who believe you know where you are going:

Quit assuming. It's not your place to "know" what God is going to do with you. He knows your entire life, and as such, it's Him who makes the decision, not you. Don't just expect to go to heaven, or you might be sorely disappointed. Not to mention, those who assume they are going to heaven have a tendency to be really, really annoying, since they believe they are perfect in some way.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-07-04, 6:06 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
Like anything you say counts, Mr. "Har I'll still be around after nuclear holocaust!" [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
</font>

If I were to die, I don't think I'd fear it...

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-04, 6:09 AM #44
No.

------------------
What once was...
2004-07-04, 11:39 AM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:

Quit assuming. It's not your place to "know" what God is going to do with you. He knows your entire life, and as such, it's Him who makes the decision, not you. Don't just expect to go to heaven, or you might be sorely disappointed. Not to mention, those who assume they are going to heaven have a tendency to be really, really annoying, since they believe they are perfect in some way.
</font>
Right. That's what I said. >.>

*cough*
2004-07-04, 12:08 PM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Connection Problem:
Hell yes, I'm afraid of death. I don't want to die until I'm at least 30.</font>

Wow. That's pretty old. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
I bet when you start approaching that age, you'll bump it up a few decades.

Quote:
Quit assuming. It's not your place to "know" what God is going to do with you. He knows your entire life, and as such, it's Him who makes the decision, not you. Don't just expect to go to heaven, or you might be sorely disappointed. Not to mention, those who assume they are going to heaven have a tendency to be really, really annoying, since they believe they are perfect in some way.</font>
I can see your point simply because of the people who believe they are going to heaven, yet teach and act in very unchristian ways.
Nonetheless, I don't look kindly on someone who tells others what they believe, as you did in your ending sentence.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 12:39 PM #47
Quote:

</font>

Why'd you put quotes around Christians? Are you saying that someone who believes they're going to heaven isn't really a true Christ follower?

------------------
"Windows [n.]
A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-07-04, 1:00 PM #48
I know I'm ging to die at some point, and that's just the way it's going to be. I don't want to die a painful death or anything though

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-04, 1:57 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kyle90:
I'm not afraid of dying. I'm only afraid of dying without having done anything meaningful in my life.

</font>

Same.

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-07-04, 2:43 PM #50
Ive always tried to live every day as if it were my last, which usually ends up in me sitting on a curb somewhere sobbing "Im to young to die!!!"...

But seriously, no, Im not. I figure I was put on this Earth to achieve a certain number of things, and right now Im so far behind Ill never be allowed to die. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-04, 3:06 PM #51
If I die peacefully in my sleep in my old age, no I'm not afraid of it....but if the Reaper comes a huntin' me early you can expect to see me weeping like a baby and running from the ******* as fast as these lil legs will carry me.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-07-04, 3:13 PM #52
"There's a Mr. Death here, about the 'reaping'"

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-07-04, 3:33 PM #53
I do Fear death.

As much as I'd like to beleive that there is a heaven or hell... I just can't grasp it... and if there isn't... I get chills thinking about it.

Imagining what it's be like to be dead sounds dumb... but try it... try thinking... what if there is no heaven or hell? then what? your brain shuts down... you body stops working... you cease to exist... I can't simply imagine my mind just stopping, and the fact it will one day do just that scares me like no other thing in the world.

I don't want to die, simply put... I know there is no way around it... but unless i find myself and beleive in an afterlife... I'm going to fear my old age... if I make it.

and for the others on this thread... Smarten up... it's a serious issue that someone wants opinions on and your turning it into a religion flame war.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-07-04, 7:03 PM #54
I am not afraid of death itself. I am afraid of what brings the death. Weather i get shot, stabbed, etc. And i hope its something cool like mentioned above. I dont want to like get hit by a car or fall down stairs. That would just be a sucky way to die.

------------------
Chaz Ghostle you have the best taste in music. I can't tell how many times I listened to that song on your site.
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-04, 7:57 PM #55
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grant:
it's a serious issue that someone wants opinions on and your turning it into a religion flame war.</font>
That phrase has become the biggest cliche at this site. It means nothing anymore. Show me a flame.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited July 04, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 8:10 PM #56
Quote:

</font>

Actually if you are Christian you are taught that all those who are saved go to heaven. Its not assuming its the fact of the faith in question. They aren't perfect they are just what they are. The christian faith teaches a believer, no matter who that person is, gets in. It is said they might get better rewards in heaven for a being a better person, but for a christian to say, "I'm going to heaven," is not assuming. So if you are saved you know. You can't judge others but you can know your relationship with God. (note I'm not stating this as fact but as from a christian view point.)

Which I guess partly answers the question. On the one hand I am a Christian so I believe I have a place after death thats well..not hell.

On the other hand though, it scares the s- out of me. I think mostly after a string of people close to me passed away I became aware of how easily I could be gone. Its a bothersome thing to think about blinking into nothingness or being wrong about your faith and going to a hell. *shudder*
------------------
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!

[This message has been edited by Skrompy (edited July 04, 2004).]
Think Them Skimpy thoughts!!!
2004-07-05, 4:56 PM #57
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prince Xizor:
I am not afraid of death itself. I am afraid of what brings the death. Weather i get shot, stabbed, etc. And i hope its something cool like mentioned above. I dont want to like get hit by a car or fall down stairs. That would just be a sucky way to die.

</font>

What about that old man who jumped out of a plane without a parachute because he knew he was gonna die, and landed on like, a skyscraper rooftop suite during a party?

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-05, 7:00 PM #58
i dont rember before i was born
i hope i will not rember after i die

as far as the Christian thing goes:
i dont know wheather i believe in Heaven or Hell, but i dont like the idea that i will be judged by some being that "created me, therefore it holds the key to my eternal existance, weather it be good or bad"

when people attribute acts of man to acts of god to prove he exisst, i wish to slap them. It is not gods fault that the tornato destroied your house, and it is not god's fault that your brother was saved from cancer. Most things can be explained.

If god knows everything that is going to happin in my life, what is the point of me living it?

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-07-06, 2:28 AM #59
I am pretty scared of dying. I don't believe in an afterlife and I am in love with life. I'd be willing to do pretty immoral sacrifices for immortality (this thought scares me quite a lot actually)
But then again when i die it's not like I'm gonna be sad that I lost my life since I won't exist anymore :P

------------------
People who get murdered are victims, people who get killed in war are casualties and people who don't get killed at all are just plain boring. -Said by me-

In my dream world people wear trenchcoats and piss on sanity's grave.
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2004-07-06, 2:38 AM #60
I'm afraid of the concept of not existing. I try not to think about it too much.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-07-06, 3:15 AM #61
Both my parents work in the funeral trade to I am well aquainted with daeth.

I'm not afraid of death as long as when my numbers up I die quick rather then drown or something nasty.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/DMC87/f49d0793.gif[/IMG]
2004-07-06, 7:06 AM #62
I don't think i'm afraid of death. i don't plan on dying for a very long time, but if it does, meh. I'm a christian, i've never found and reason to be afraid of death. I have lost 4 of my 5 great reletives (two grandfathers, a grandmother and a great aunt), and i didn't cry at any of thier funerals. i didn't even feel remotely sad. its not that i didn't care, i just felt like "they're in a better place. why the hell should i be sad?"

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-06, 8:05 AM #63
Bring it on. The sooner the better. I grow tired of this miserable existence.
2004-07-06, 9:44 AM #64
I think it's pretty much the same for mostly everyone.. It's not death itself that's fearful, it's how you're going to die, when you're going to die, etc. Not knowing when your life is going to end, or how it's going to end, can be a scary thing to contemplate.

Death doesnt bother me, since I look at it as the next best thing. At best, you're in heaven doing everything you've ever dreamed of, back with your family, and at peace. At worst you're just nothing, except at peace, sleeping, and most of all, away from this hateful world.

I'm just more scared of whether or not I'm gonna die tomorrow, or if I live to be 70 I'll be scared that at any time, I could simply have a heart attack and that'd be it. Not knowing how painfuil some things are adds to it, like if I am gonna die from a heart attack, how long will i be in pain for, and how immense will that pain be?

Those are the things that scare me. After that, I can't do much so there's no point worrying about that.
2004-07-06, 12:31 PM #65
What scares me is that the world will still be about after I die..

*Shudder*

------------------
Anthony Piggott - Creator of all things "oaM"
(Except "LoaM")
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2004-07-06, 1:22 PM #66
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AKPiggott:
What scares me is that the world will still be about after I die..

*Shudder*
</font>

It's...AKPiggot... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-06, 1:31 PM #67
Am I afraid of death? Not really, almost everyone has to die at least once.

------------------
Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-07-06, 1:49 PM #68
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elana14:
If god knows everything that is going to happin in my life, what is the point of me living it?</font>
Because you don't know. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!