Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Threatened on my way home
Threatened on my way home
2006-11-09, 7:21 PM #1
Tonight was horrible. I'll start at the beginning. One of my friends picked me at 5:30 PM and we hanged out until 8:30 PM. I asked him drop me off at a supermarket near my house so I could get something to eat. I used to work there and I talked to one of my former co-workers until about 9:15 PM. I saw a group of 5 or 6 kids around my age, maybe a little younger, exit the store. I've walked home from there at night plenty of times and I didn't think anything would happen. I was at the entrance to my development and this kid comes up to me.
"Yo who's that?", he said. (I was wearing a black hoodie)
I didn't answer back.
"Yo I wanna talk to you about business", he said.
"I'm just trying to walk home", I said.
From this point I realized he was gonna try and jump me.
I said, "I'm not interested".
Loudly he said, "I know your got bread you. I know you got bread on you!"
I then ran the fastest I ever have in my life. I heard him say that he was gonna put holes in me. He gave chase for a little but thankfully stopped. I got home and locked the doors and rushed my little brother (14 and 10) downstairs to the basement, thinking they would try to enter my house. They didn't and I guess they didn't see me enter my house. This is was the first time anything like this has ever happened to me and I'm just glad I got away without injury.

Update:
This morning my mom called the police. An officer came by around 9:30 AM. I told him walk happened and gave a description of the kids I saw. He told me last night that there was a robbery nearby and that in involved a gun. I don't know whether or not the two events are involved but the officer thought they were. i have to call a detective on Monday who is investigating the robbery.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
2006-11-09, 7:25 PM #2
Glad you're alright -- good call on running.
woot!
2006-11-09, 7:26 PM #3
You did all the right things. Good job, and good idea with your brothers.

Glad you're okay.

(Although, if it happens again you might want to go somewhere else public instead of going home first, that way if they're following you, they won't find out where you live. Or at least be sure they're not following you when you get home.)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-11-09, 7:27 PM #4
All he wanted was your bread...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-09, 7:27 PM #5
Glad you're alright. Out of curiousity and nothing to do with this, you were in the military, or are, arn't/wern't you?

EDIT: I agree with happydud. Good job man.

Originally posted by Roach:
All he wanted was your bread...

hehe
2006-11-09, 7:29 PM #6
It's a good thing you're alright.
2006-11-09, 7:37 PM #7
Thanks guys. I was never in the military but I was in JROTC. We learned what to do in situations like this in a class once. I never thought I would have to use it though but I shouldn't been out that late.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
2006-11-09, 7:38 PM #8
Running away is always the best idea.

I was walking to a bus stop after work a few years ago, when a guy jumps out from an alley with a pipe. "Give me your wallet!" I had just gotten paid after working 120+ hours in the previous two weeks, and wasn't about to hand it to him.

I said "F*** you ***hole". He swung but missed, and after some brief chaos, I ran off.

I wasn't too smart, I should have just ran away.
2006-11-09, 7:56 PM #9
Always try to draw attention to the situation by talking loud or shouting "step off" or "get away from me". People/passer-bys typically don't help you, but if there are any, this is essential for getting away or talking to the police about it if the police somehow end up there.

Coincidently, next week my city is doing this huge "gang awareness" week. We only have like 6 gangs total though...they're very small and weak.
2006-11-09, 8:05 PM #10
Originally posted by Anovis:
Always try to draw attention to the situation by talking loud or shouting "step off" or "get away from me". People/passer-bys typically don't help you, but if there are any, this is essential for getting away or talking to the police about it if the police somehow end up there.

Coincidently, next week my city is doing this huge "gang awareness" week. We only have like 6 gangs total though...they're very small and weak.

Yeah.

Depends on the people/location...up here, if someone needed help, there would probably be a crapload of guys there fast...people leave cars running at the gas station while they go inside to buy stuff..gotta love small towns! :P

But Jersey? Different story..
woot!
2006-11-09, 8:08 PM #11
This is why I wish it was easier to get a carry and conceal permit. So at the very least I know if it comes down to it I have something to rely on.
2006-11-09, 8:12 PM #12
I'm glad you were able to get away. Stuff like that scares the crap outta me. Smart idea locking all the doors and getting your brothers to safety.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-11-09, 8:13 PM #13
Originally posted by Rob:
This is why I wish it was easier to get a carry and conceal permit. So at the very least I know if it comes down to it I have something to rely on.

Move to NH, my friend. :)

What state are you in?
woot!
2006-11-09, 8:17 PM #14
Maryland.

I tried once already for a carry and conceal permit, and was denied.

I have to ACTUALLY prove I've been harassed, and that I've pressed charges on someone.

Someone getting raped up the street at the laundrymat and the kid slashing some guy's face after being caught slashing tires isn't a good enough reason. Let alone how many times cars have been stolen and broken into.
2006-11-09, 8:28 PM #15
he was black, wasnt he?
2006-11-09, 8:30 PM #16
What about just a carry permit. No one messes with a person walking down the street a 12 gauge in plain view.

I suppose you could fashion a home made grenade. Or build one of those flame throwers. That would own.
2006-11-09, 8:32 PM #17
I don't believe there is such thing as a flat out carry permit.

Another thing that pisses me off about not being allowed to carry and conceal;

There is a really good range less than three miles away from where I live. Yet I can't bring my own firearm because I wouldn't be allowed to conceal and walk those three miles. This is the biggest reason why I haven't even purchased a firearm.
2006-11-09, 8:34 PM #18
I would've palmed my knife, turned around, and told him to piss off. Then see what happens from there.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-11-09, 8:36 PM #19
You're not allowed to put it in a gun case and walk with it?
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-09, 8:39 PM #20
Permits in NJ aren't too easy to get either, apparently..

Was just reading some info on Packing.org -- looks like my knife isn't even legal unless I have "explainable lawful purpose"..

Man, I love my state.
woot!
2006-11-09, 8:40 PM #21
That's ridiculous. I find non-violent uses for my knife every other day.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-09, 8:41 PM #22
You're not allowed to put it in a gun case and walk with it?

Nope.
2006-11-09, 8:41 PM #23
Bread? Is that broken (or rather, raped) English for "money" now?
幻術
2006-11-09, 8:43 PM #24
You know, a knife that isn't designed to stab people can be useful to. I find my riggers knife/marlin spike combo thing to be the most useful tool ever, but you cant stab people with the knife.

o.0
2006-11-09, 8:46 PM #25
That's ridiculous. I find non-violent uses for my knife every other day.

So you're a murderer on the off days, is that it?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-09, 8:47 PM #26
That's incredible. I suppose I've been spoiled in a state that allows you to carry a rifle over your shoulder downtown as long as you don't hold it in a threatening manner.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-09, 8:48 PM #27
Originally posted by Emon:
So you're a murderer on the off days, is that it?

Well, sometimes it's the only way to get the voices to go away.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-09, 8:50 PM #28
I wouldn't want to carry a gun around even if i did have a permit. Thats just crazy. But i live in New Zealand, so i cant really relate. Still i would hate to shoot somebody and possibly kill them even if they were trying to hurt me. How old was this idiot who chased you btw?
Take that there and put it in here
2006-11-09, 8:52 PM #29
It's a last resort, and unless I really needed to I wouldn't shoot anyone to kill.

Besides, it'd be way more fun to shoot them in the knee. That way while they're rotting in jail they can't possibly escape being ***-raped!
2006-11-09, 8:54 PM #30
Ahaha
Take that there and put it in here
2006-11-09, 9:07 PM #31
I had a guy come up to me once and ask for my wallet. Of all things to yell I yelled "RAPE!! RAPE!!" being a guy myself the guy actually got embarassed and ran off. I looked a little silly but still laugh at my creativness.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-11-09, 9:21 PM #32
My friend was attacked at a hotel in California. It's a long story on WHY, but the guy actually came up to the door and knocked.

The kid thought it was one of his friends (there was about 20 of us staying there that week, a choir group). Of course, being a freshman nub he opens the door without looking, and the guy nails the kid right in the eye.

However, unlucky for the guy, there were 3 seniors also in the room (two of which were football players). They immediately came running, and the attacker bolted. The seniors chased after him, and eventually caught up to him trying to get on an elevator. Two guys pinned him down while the other got out his cell phone and called the police. Twas quite interesting, wish I had actually seen it but I didn't hear anything until the police showed up.

Kid almost lost his eye from that punch though, he was lucky.
2006-11-09, 9:27 PM #33
Originally posted by Koobie:
Bread? Is that broken (or rather, raped) English for "money" now?

its a term thats been around since at least the 70's.

[quote=Billy Joel - Scenes from and Italian Restaurant] ...and a big water bed, that they bought with the bread...[/quote]

also, probably originates from the term "Dough" being used as a substitute for "cash."
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-11-09, 9:35 PM #34
I can't help but remember this one experience I had. I was on vacation in Chicago, walking down the streets with my brothers, then this creepy guy appears behind us. And then, he starts saying the weirdest crap I've ever heard. "..........this is Chicago................I am a Neptunian and only a Neptunian can read it.................she will be here tonight and I will slit her throat!........"

I was close to running, but I didn't because we eventually "outwalked him".
"You cannot turn me off!"

-Ryham
2006-11-09, 9:42 PM #35
"Oh man, if only that'd happened to me. I just KNOW what I woulda done!"

Shouldn't have run home, though. If it's anything serious, now they know where you live.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-11-09, 9:44 PM #36
Stand up and fight! Don't let people intimidate you.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-11-09, 9:47 PM #37
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Stand up and fight! Don't let people intimidate you.

That'll get you shot.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-09, 9:48 PM #38
Stabbed more than likely.

If he had a gun, he would have shot him in the back as he was running.
2006-11-09, 9:49 PM #39
True. More general then; something bad could have happened. :P
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-09, 9:50 PM #40
Glad you're okay, hope he was bluffing with the holes thing :0

Originally posted by ragna:
he was black, wasnt he?

excuse me wtf r u doin

↑ Up to the top!