Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Indiana Jones IV...not lookling good
Indiana Jones IV...not lookling good
2006-11-11, 2:25 AM #1
Didnt see this posted yet

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=7971

Kinda sucks...I thought it was gonna be good.
2006-11-11, 2:30 AM #2
I reckon the original script was awesome but Lucas vetoed it because it didn't enough enough potential for obscene amounts of CG- or an irritating side character of the likes of Jar Jar Binks. Then again, I'd rather have no IJ than a GL-approved one at the moment. As much as I respect GL's older movie making skills, I really wish he would have a heart attack and die before he can ruin any more of my childhood. :argh:
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2006-11-11, 2:50 AM #3
"Indy investigating UFOs in the 50s"

If that's true I'm happy that GL scrapped the script.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-11, 3:05 AM #4
Haha, seriously, Impi. Sounds great to me.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-11, 3:26 AM #5
Well, if it had been some "TAKE US TO YOUR LEADER, INDIANA JONES" UFO movie I guess I could have been disappointed, but anyhow.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-11-11, 3:34 AM #6
Too bad. Somehow Spielberg's opinions sound better at the moment than GL's...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-11-11, 4:16 AM #7
It sounds like an interesting script to me. UFOs do not necessarily mean aliens, folks.
2006-11-11, 4:23 AM #8
Hmmm, true.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-11, 4:49 AM #9
That's what I was thinking. It's Indiana Jones, for crying out loud. It has to involve Nazis.

Hmm...

Nazi aliens :eek:

Yes, or weird people in a temple.
2006-11-11, 5:22 AM #10
Originally posted by MentatMM:
It sounds like an interesting script to me. UFOs do not necessarily mean aliens, folks.

That's true. It would probably involve government conspiracies, the USSR and advanced aircraft (the UFOs).
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-11, 8:31 AM #11
Originally posted by Emon:
Haha, seriously, Impi. Sounds great to me.

Well Infernal Machine had an alien thingy going on in the last levels and it worked out ok imo.

2006-11-11, 9:42 AM #12
Originally posted by Emon:
That's true. It would probably involve government conspiracies, the USSR and advanced aircraft (the UFOs).

...but Indiana Jones is an archaeologist.
2006-11-11, 9:52 AM #13
Yeah, that is the odd part. UFOs? WTF? Indy and UFOs only works if the UFOs were landing in ancient Egypt or something. Maybe Indy found the stargate?
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-11, 10:01 AM #14
"Indiana Jones and the Fate of Abydos"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-11, 10:33 AM #15
George Lucas is no one to comment story lines. :rolleyes:
2006-11-11, 10:57 AM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
...but Indiana Jones is an archaeologist.
He probably moved on to a different job after this.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-11, 10:57 AM #17
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
George Lucas is no one to comment story lines. :rolleyes:

You are no one to comment on George Lucas.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 11:03 AM #18
Originally posted by Bill:
You are no one to comment on comments.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-11, 11:22 AM #19
I hate all of you.
2006-11-11, 11:27 AM #20

Not enough horses!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-11, 11:30 AM #21
They should have him looking for Noah's Ark on Mt. Ararat in Turkey when the Nazis show up. They could call it "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of The Other Lost Ark"
2006-11-11, 11:49 AM #22
Chyeahhhh, UFOs in ancient egypt = Serious Sam, amirite amirite.
2006-11-11, 12:05 PM #23
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
He probably moved on to a different job after this.

Oh my god that is AWESOME. :psyduck:
2006-11-11, 12:06 PM #24
Haha, I like what the guy described as GL's response: "Uhm, no." I don't know what to think because the dude didn't explain GL's reasons for rejection.

I'm not a fan of sequels to very old movies that come a long time later. Something is going to be messed up. The new extension is probably not going to be good as the original(s). Just think of SW OT vs. prequels and apply that disparity to one of these coming sequels: Indiana Jones 4, Rocky 6, Rambo 4, and Jurassic Park 4. Things were good back then, but the new stuff is just going to be f***ed up.
2006-11-11, 12:07 PM #25
I think Jurrasic Park IV is getting scrapped too
2006-11-11, 12:24 PM #26
DUMBER THEN A BOX OF ROCKS!
Someone should know what that means.
2006-11-11, 2:49 PM #27
[QUOTE=Unknown User]I think Jurrasic Park IV is getting scrapped too
.[/QUOTE]

Too bad we couldn't say the same about Jurrasic Park III...
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-11, 3:07 PM #28
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

Oh sweet irony.
nope.
2006-11-11, 3:16 PM #29
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Someone should know what that means.

Tiberium_Empire in another attempt to fit in has begun to make fun of him self, to hop on his own hate bandwagon.
2006-11-11, 3:54 PM #30
Noone got the joke?
Dammit you guys need to go to ytmnd more.
2006-11-11, 4:06 PM #31
You need to visit retarded websites less. It shows.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 4:31 PM #32
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Haha, I like what the guy described as GL's response: "Uhm, no." I don't know what to think because the dude didn't explain GL's reasons for rejection.

Allow me to explain:

It was a pleasant afternoon when Frank Darabont sauntered into his meeting with George Lucas. He was late, as was his fashion: for Frank whole-heartedly subscribed to the concept of fashionable lateness; sadly his commitment to the practise often extended to something quite unfashionable, but Frank rarely concerned himself with such trifling matters.

George Lucas shifted in his chair uncomfortably and offered a lukewarm greeting. "Hello, Frank," he said. "What have you brought me this time?"

"Good morning, George. How are the wife and the kids?" Frank inquired, seemingly oblivious to the tension hanging thick in the air.

George wrinkled his nose as the stench of Aqua Velva and cheap rum wafted across the room and invaded his sinuses.
"Frank," George snorted, "we need to talk. I'm beginning to get worried about Indy--." George paused, interrupted by Frank rifling through a stack of papers he dumped in the middle of the desk unceremoniously.

George cleared his throat. "As I was saying, I'm worried about the project. I need to see results."

Frank beamed. "I've been talking to Steven and Harrison, and I think we've come up with an idea you're going to love."

George perked up. "Really?" he asked, incredulously.

"Oh, absolutely!" Grinning, Frank begain to outline the concept. "It's set in the 1950s, amid growing fear and paranoia of the Soviet Union. Indiana Jones, as a respected professor of archaeology, is considering retirement when he is visited by three government agents. They have a job for him."

George leaned forward, resting his elbows on the edge of his desk. "This sounds great. Go on."

"The job," Frank continues, "is to investigate some relics the government unearthed in New Mexico."

"What's in New Mexico?" George asked, shifting forward on his seat.

Frank answered the question with a single word: "Roswell." Frank pulled a large, ink-covered pad of yellow legal paper out of the stack and handed it to George.

"W-w-w... what is this?" he stammered.

"What do you mean?" Frank glanced at the coffee-stained pages of the draft and back to the aging director. "It's my script."

George began reading aloud, "Indiana Jones and the Crelobs of Xylon 3?"

Frank replied, "Yeah! What do you think?"

George sank back into his chair, fingers resting against his temples as he carefully pondered his response to this question. His wits failed him, so he muttered the first thing that came to mind:

"Frank..." he started.

"Yeah?"

"Um... no."
2006-11-11, 4:32 PM #33
Well, that's disappointing. But it figures. George is, well... George. We'll probably all grow up to be old bastards someday.

At first, I didn't really know what I thought of Indiana Jones and UFOs, but I must say the idea has grown on me. Maybe George will end up disappearing into a UFO and they'll make the movie, who knows.

Steven: "Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Other Lost Ark"? You, my friend, are a genius.

As for "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Abydos"... surprised that hasn't come up already. Maybe there's some fan-fiction out there somewhere, just waiting to be unearthed in "Indiana Jones and the Lost Fanfic"
2006-11-11, 4:38 PM #34
I would rather never have another Indiana Jones movie ever than have 'Indiana Jones and the Crelobs of Xylon 3", I don't care what you people say.
2006-11-11, 5:31 PM #35
I'm in the "I'm glad it was scrapped" idea. It doesn't fit in the same mold as the previous movies.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-11, 6:04 PM #36
I think it's really funny how before a movie comes out there are always dozens of people talking about how this or that aspect of it is going to suck.

If this indy movie does get made, I can't wait to hear everyone whining about how it's raping their childhood. That's what happens to damned near every update/remake/sequel of something that existed over 15 years ago. It's happening with Transformers right now, which I can admittadly say I think looks badass, but apparantly I'm just about the only one.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 6:38 PM #37
I think it's really funny how before a movie comes out there are always dozens of people talking about how this or that aspect of it is going to suck.
Indiana Jones is an archaeologist.

Indy 4 should be Indy 4. A movie about archaeology, perhaps even - dare I even suggest - a movie about finding a spiritual relic and protecting it from the hands of would-be evil-doers.

Indy 4 should not be about protecting the world from Soviet spy planes. Indy 4 should not be about geopolitics in the mid-20th century. And most certainly - and I cannot stress this enough - Indy 4 should not be about a magical quest through outer space.

The only way Indy 4 could ever legitimately be about UFOs is if it turns out that Noah's Ark is an intergalactic space ship, but even then that story would be completely retarded.
2006-11-11, 6:50 PM #38
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Too bad we couldn't say the same about Jurrasic Park III...
Or Jurassic Park II.
2006-11-11, 6:52 PM #39
It should just be called "Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Plastic Hip"
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 6:57 PM #40
HAHA, Harrison Ford is old! Get it?

↑ Up to the top!