Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Indiana Jones IV...not lookling good
Indiana Jones IV...not lookling good
2006-11-11, 6:58 PM #41
Lol!
2006-11-11, 9:59 PM #42
I don't think they should make Indy 4 based on the fact that it will ruin the great ending of the trilogy in Last Crusade.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-11, 10:01 PM #43
Originally posted by Primate:
Or Jurassic Park II.

Yeah, The Lost World novelization was great, but the movie butchered the original story and was a gimmick. How can InGen be running around the island when they should (and in the novel were) bankrupt? LOLZ

Jon'C, thanks for that explanatory quote. I don't remember if I missed it in the content that was linked to this thread.
2006-11-11, 10:11 PM #44
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Yeah, The Lost World novelization was great, but the movie butchered the original story and was a gimmick. How can InGen be running around the island when they should (and in the novel were) bankrupt? LOLZ

It's a "novel," not a "novelization."

:v:
2006-11-11, 10:44 PM #45
I think GL has lost his 'touch' with movies. Steven Speilberg said himself that he was very happy with the script. They should just do it
2006-11-12, 12:22 AM #46
But they can't, I think Lucas and Speilberg own equal rights to it. Spielberg has lot a bit of touch too, did anyone see the crapfest that was WotW?
2006-11-12, 12:43 AM #47
Spielberg's movies tend to lurch between "OMG BEST MOVIE EVER"-good and "...how does he still have a job?"-bad.

Temple of Doom is a good example. George Lucas wrote the story to be something really, really dark. Something that delved deep into the blackened, charred heart of an ancient and vile cult. None of the other Indiana Jones movies quite had the same imagery in it - other people died in horrible ways (face melting), but it was always an accident. Cursed by their own hubris and such.

In the Temple of Doom we see people being ritualistically executed.

So how did Steven Spielberg choose to convey this sense of dread? By making it the most light-hearted, colorful movie in the entire series. Adding two lovably clumsy sidekicks certainly added to the urgency and sense of peril!

George Lucas is good with stories. George Lucas is, unfortunately, bad behind a camera. I think that's what made the Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Cruade so powerful - Steven Spielberg's directoral skill paired with George Lucas' storytelling.

I'm willing to give Lucas the benefit of the doubt here. Considering the fact that, usually, Lucas is the one with giant dollar signs in his eyes, there must have been something horribly... unprofitable... in the script.
2006-11-12, 1:02 AM #48
Originally posted by Bill:
It's happening with Transformers right now, which I can admittadly say I think looks badass, but apparantly I'm just about the only one.

Nope, two of us think it looks awesome.

Two makes a conspiracy.

:ninja:
2006-11-12, 10:11 AM #49
Temple of Doom sucked.
Why is it that the only indy without nazis sucks ***?
2006-11-12, 11:40 AM #50
Duhhh. . .

The anyswer is sitting right in front of them. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
Seriously, one of the biggest myths and a redhead!
What could be better?
My blawgh.
2006-11-12, 11:46 AM #51
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Temple of Doom sucked.
Why is it that the only indy without nazis sucks ***?

Perhaps you missed Jon's FTW-worthy post.
2006-11-12, 12:11 PM #52
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Duhhh. . .

The anyswer is sitting right in front of them. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
Seriously, one of the biggest myths and a redhead!
What could be better?

Man, that game was awesome. Sucker punch FTW.
2006-11-12, 1:47 PM #53
There's only one real good reason for them to make an Indy 4 anyway. To let people find out if he's immortal or not.
nope.
2006-11-12, 2:44 PM #54
He can't be immortal. The Grail could not pass beyond the great seal - "that is the boundary, and the price of immortality." To me it sounded like whomever 1) took the grail from the site after drinking from it they would not be immortal and 2) if they did not take it, they could not pass beyond the great seal because when they did, they would no longer be immortal.
2006-11-12, 2:47 PM #55
Or put simply, you and the grail must stay put to stay immortal.
2006-11-12, 11:26 PM #56
Methinks Baconfish needs to watch the movie again ;)

Actually, that's not a bad idea.. that movie rocked
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-11-13, 2:26 AM #57
Thus, why the two brothers died, and the third one lived.

Indy and UFO's could be interesting if they took a more X-filesish approach to it.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-11-13, 7:15 AM #58
[QUOTE=Darth J]Thus, why the two brothers died, and the third one lived.

Indy and UFO's could be interesting if they took a more X-filesish approach to it.[/QUOTE]

Does that make Short Round Scully?
2006-11-13, 7:41 AM #59
As long as we don't see an annoying chinese kid and some retarded failed actress, I'll be happy.

What I'd like to see is a girl along the lines of Sophia Hapgood(?) from Indy and the Fate of Atlantis.

That game was as powerful as the RotLA and LC movies.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-11-13, 9:58 AM #60
Originally posted by Jepman:
As long as we don't see an annoying chinese kid and some retarded failed actress, I'll be happy.

What I'd like to see is a girl along the lines of Sophia Hapgood(?) from Indy and the Fate of Atlantis.

That game was as powerful as the RotLA and LC movies.

Yes. Redheads ARE powerful. ;)
My blawgh.
2006-11-13, 10:09 AM #61
Why can't they be prototype nazi ufos?
With some ancient atlantian design secret that leads indy to discovering the nazis digging up atlantis?

That could be quite awesome.
2006-11-13, 10:21 AM #62
Why can't they be prototype nazi ufos?
With some ancient atlantian design secret that leads indy to discovering the nazis digging up atlantis?

That could be quite awesome.

There is already a story and indy has already found atlantis. Oh right, you wouldn't know, you weren't born when it came out.
2006-11-13, 10:35 AM #63
Probably.
Hey remember im talking about Nazi Atlantian UFOs.
2006-11-13, 10:53 AM #64
And I'm saying you are ignorant.
2006-11-13, 10:56 AM #65
Probably.
Hey remember im talking about Nazi Atlantian UFOs.

Nazis... 1950's... Wouldn't pose much of a threat.
2006-11-13, 11:12 AM #66
They hid in atlantis?
Bah fine COMMIE atlantian UFOs.
2006-11-13, 11:13 AM #67
They hid in atlantis?
Bah fine COMMIE atlantian UFOs.

You're suggesting Nazis are living underwater?
2006-11-13, 11:16 AM #68
There nazis dude!
They found the lost ark[With help...]! So im sure if they really wanted to they could say... Hide out in atlantis waiting for hitler/[VILLIAN DUDE] to come not knowing the war was llost?
2006-11-13, 11:21 AM #69
Roses are red. Violets are blue. Bush is a moron, and SO ARE YOU.
2006-11-13, 11:33 AM #70
<3 Jepman.
2006-11-13, 11:37 AM #71
Bah, I'm just being childish.
2006-11-13, 11:38 AM #72
There nazis dude!
They found the lost ark[With help...]! So im sure if they really wanted to they could say... Hide out in atlantis waiting for hitler/[VILLIAN DUDE] to come not knowing the war was llost?

You're treading on the Hallow Earth theory, which they already made an Indiana Jones book about. Just forget about the stupid goverment UFO movie plot.
My blawgh.
2006-11-13, 11:43 AM #73
Fine.
Still think it would be awesome.

How about he goes to Tunguska? That fits in with the Russians. They could throw in some artifact from the past and have the soviets try to use it for world domination.

Bah i made that up in 3 seconds take it as you will.
2006-11-13, 11:45 AM #74
You didn't make it up, you took a one-line summary of either the first or last IJ films and threw Russians and Tunguska into the plot.
2006-11-13, 1:08 PM #75
The fact that imsoshort thinks it would be a good movie is a clear indication of how retarded it would be.

He's a little kid. He's probably never even seen the Indiana Jones movies before, he just thinks Indy is "that old guy with a whip". You could show him a copy of Castlevania and he'd think it was an Indiana Jones game.
2006-11-13, 1:22 PM #76
Of course i have seen the indy films.
2006-11-13, 1:43 PM #77
Of course i have seen the indy films.

And of course you failed to comprehend them.
2006-11-13, 1:46 PM #78
Failing to comprehend a Spielberg movie is saying something considerable about someone's intelligence.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-14, 9:29 AM #79
Win.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-14, 9:38 AM #80
hitler[VILLIAN DUDE]

Well isn't this a proud day for his History teacher?

Hitler, apparently, was a villain dude.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!