Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → God bless the internet
God bless the internet
2006-11-11, 1:14 PM #1
For the first time in something like 6 years the Notre Dame game is not being televised on a major network.

ESPN.com saves me. Real time play by play updates. 3 plays after kickoff Notre Dame 7, Air Force 0.

Any college ball fans here?
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 1:16 PM #2
ohio state is destroying northwestern
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-11-11, 1:54 PM #3
There's a big surprise. OSU is beating the hell out of an unranked team. That's only like the 7th time this season.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 2:01 PM #4
I can still watch the game but I'd rather not leave my room so I'm just listening to it on my local radio station.
2006-11-11, 2:04 PM #5
Hahaha... Notre Dame just blocked a field goal and ran it 83 yards for a touchdown.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 3:59 PM #6
Notre Dame is overrated. :ninja:
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-11, 4:03 PM #7
hahahahaha.

You're wrong.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 4:07 PM #8
Except that I'm not.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-11, 4:12 PM #9
UVA sucks this year. :(
2006-11-11, 4:16 PM #10
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Except that I'm not.

Any kind of reason why you think they're overrated?

Brady Quinn is the best qb Notre Dame has ever had. He has more touchdown receptions and passing yards than every other quarterback the school has ever had.

Jeff Smardizja is the best wide receiver the team has ever had and is one of the top recievers in the nation.

They have the best place kicker in the nation.

Tom Zbikowski is one of the best defensive backs in the nation.

Coach Weis has 3 super bowl rings. There's a reason for that.

So explain why they're overrated.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 4:20 PM #11
I can't complain. Brady Quinn's sister goes to UVA and I would like to nail her.
2006-11-11, 4:23 PM #12
Brady Quinn's sister is married to AJ Hawk. He's reall big and really strong. I wouldn't even look at Brady Quinn's sister without making sure Mr. Hawk isn't around. He tuned Brady Quinn up pretty good in last year's Fiesta Bowl.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 5:48 PM #13
Cal ****ing lost today to Arizona of all teams. :argh: :mad: :argh: :mad:

There goes the BCS for the Bears.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-11, 5:58 PM #14
This week has screwed alot of the top 15 bcs up.

Louville went down at the hands of Rutgers

Auburn lost again

Cal lost to Arizona

God knows, Texas will probably find a way to lose again. Same with USC. This season just got REALLY interesting today.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 8:25 PM #15
Nah, I'm just trying to get a rise out of you for ****s and giggles. Texas has been losing to K State so far, but there's still five minutes left to play. Losing Colt McCoy really hurt them. Oregon and USC is still early on, so we'll see how that goes.

Question for you though: Who do you think will play in the national championship game? There's talk of a rematch between Ohio State and Michigan if Michigan loses, or maybe Florida. Really, that's all I see left to contend for the national title, unless Texas manages to pull off a win tonight.

If something silly happens, Notre Dame or USC may have a shot, but I think it'll come down to a toss up between a rematch with Michigan or a game against Florida.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-11, 8:28 PM #16
a rematch of OSU vs. Michigan would be kinda lame. although it would give Michigan another chance to lose (ohsnap)
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-11-11, 8:39 PM #17
Originally posted by Bill:
This week has screwed alot of the top 15 bcs up.

Louville went down at the hands of Rutgers

Auburn lost again

Cal lost to Arizona

God knows, Texas will probably find a way to lose again. Same with USC. This season just got REALLY interesting today.

NEVER! Go Longhorns!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-11-11, 8:45 PM #18
Hahaha, Texas lost 45-42. Sucks to be you Texas. Neeener neener.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-11, 10:07 PM #19
PSU b***es
2006-11-11, 11:15 PM #20
Yeah, last I checked, Penn State isn't a contender for...anything.

Speaking of which, do you know if JoePa is okay? He took quite a nasty spill a week or two ago, and I was kind of worried. I mean, he is JoePa.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-11, 11:43 PM #21
He tore his ACL, had surgery and is going to be okay.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-12, 6:21 AM #22
Go Hogs! Arkansas FTW! Wooooo Pig-Sooooiee!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-11-12, 7:48 AM #23
Brady Quinn's sister is married to AJ Hawk. He's reall big and really strong. I wouldn't even look at Brady Quinn's sister without making sure Mr. Hawk isn't around. He tuned Brady Quinn up pretty good in last year's Fiesta Bowl.

His other sister.
2006-11-13, 1:39 PM #24
Woohoo Notre Dame's up to fifth and Rutgers got a well deserved top ten ranking.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-13, 1:47 PM #25
Oklahoma State! Wooo! Go Cowboys! I only follow my own university's team, and even that not all that well. I do so enjoy watching college football, though.
Warhead[97]
2006-11-13, 5:32 PM #26
Oregon State beat USC a couple weeks ago, and thats all anyone around here will care about for the next 3 years.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-13, 5:46 PM #27
Football players are a lot hotter than football americana players.
2006-11-13, 7:08 PM #28
Arkansas is #7 in the BCS, #5 in the AP poll, and #6 in the USA Today poll!

W00t!
Attachment: 14533/RAZORBCK.jpg (5,021 bytes)
2006-11-13, 8:41 PM #29
GO BUCKS!

i dont really care, i'm just from ohio. american football blows. real men play rugby.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-11-13, 9:22 PM #30
Originally posted by 7:
ohio state is destroying northwestern

Just found this thread. I was at the game, and I'm now convinced that Ohio State is one of the most classless programs in the country. You don't ever go for it on fourth down when you're already blowing out the other team, and they did it twice. After Saturday, given a choice I'd rather see Michigan beat Ohio State than see our team beat Illinois.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-11-13, 10:05 PM #31
You do in the BCS era where margin of voctiry means a lot.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-13, 10:17 PM #32
I'm a student at FSU. We're having our worst season since the 70s. Bleh. :(

Maybe through divine intervention (because that's what it will take) we can redeem the season by dragging UF down with us and messing up their bid for the national championship.
2006-11-13, 11:12 PM #33
Originally posted by Avenger:

IIRC, they got rid of margin of victory in 2002.
2006-11-15, 9:58 AM #34
Originally posted by Avenger:

Yeah, margin of victory means nothing.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-15, 10:38 AM #35
Not true. It counts for "style points".
2006-11-15, 11:39 AM #36
And style points, in the BCS, which is the only poll that matters, count for nothing.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-15, 12:20 PM #37
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Not true. It counts for "style points".

Well, yes, but only with the voters. And the voters know that there's no difference between winning 47-10 and winning 54-10 because you decided to run up the score and pick up a bull**** touchdown at the end of the game.
2006-11-15, 3:47 PM #38
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Yeah, last I checked, Penn State isn't a contender for...anything.

Speaking of which, do you know if JoePa is okay? He took quite a nasty spill a week or two ago, and I was kind of worried. I mean, he is JoePa.

I heard that JoePa will be out for the next 6 weeks. I feel bad for the guy, that looked like it really hurt.
No sig.
2006-11-15, 4:16 PM #39
Yeah, margin of victory means nothing.

It may not in any computation, but it affects the human voters in the media and coaches polls, which count for at least 1/3 of the BCS ranking, so margin of victory does matter. About a month ago, USC was winning all their games, but by a small margin to teams they should have blown out of the water, so their BCS ranking was slipping even though they were undefeated at the time.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-15, 8:48 PM #40
Wanna know why Notre Dame is over-rated?

Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
UCLA
Navy
NC
Air Force
Army
Not to mention a BLOWOUT loss to Michigan. If ND can beat USC, then I'm fine with where they are. But their schedule is just god awful. All three service academies? Give me a break. I'm a huge ND fan, but even I don't' think they deserve the #5. Georgia Tech was impressive however, but it certainly was not a convincing win. I'm not saying they should be unranked, but they should definitely be lower than Arkansas.

Yet you got Arkansas, who beat Auburn, already played USC, and also beat Tennessee at #7. And then you have Florida who beat worse teams and is at #4. How I love the BCS.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!