Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I've been playing GTA too much.
I've been playing GTA too much.
2004-07-07, 12:41 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
when doing a wheelie, you can't do it for too long or oyu will fall on your a**. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
</font>

You can balance yourself on the PS2 version by pushing the stick forwards and backwards to adjust. Can't you do the same on the PC? (although I realise it'd be less accurate using the keypad and therefore harder)

I'm still undecided on which is harder to keep going, wheelies or two wheels in cars [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

[edit] Oh, and is it possible to shoot down the news helicopter? I remember wasting literally minutes firing countless rockets and bullets from the hunter at it, but they all seemed to pass through it. I have no trouble shooting down the plane, so this is really bothering me.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"He's a dead man! I'm not havin' a dead man in my cemetary!"

[This message has been edited by LividDK27 (edited July 07, 2004).]
2004-07-07, 7:40 AM #42
PW--you can get the port of GTA3 to VC as a mod which I think is at fileplanet (yah yah I know, but still, it's better than nothing).

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 7:41 AM #43
best game ever made....

*in jay z voice* Be-be-be-best game alive!

------------------
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
2004-07-07, 8:15 AM #44
There's better. But it certainly is fun.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 12:40 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I live in cali, so I would be really interested in how accurately they reproduce the california/nevada landcape and atmosphere.

Also, LA had better not look anything like liberty city (which is derived from NYC)b/c i can tell the difference, as could any californian.

</font>

Actually, from what I understand Liberty City was based off an area near either Tampa or Miami called...Liberty City!! Kind of like a Hell's Kitchen of Florida. I gotta head down there sometime and check it out, see if it's like the game. I'm pretty sure it's Tampa.

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-07-07, 6:31 PM #46
Due to a game glitch that diabled mission timers (it just froze on the max. time and would not count down) today, I was able to finaly beat demolition man by taking my sweet time and shakedown was also a breeze. With the timer frozen, I walked to the mall and walked around smashing all the windows with a pistol. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

You can imagine i saved this game of opportunity, but I was in for an even bigger surprise. When i loaded up my most recent savegame 9saved during the first glitch), I found that my money was maxed out. Yep, that's right-- I had $999,999,999 to burn, and since i completed shakedown, I went around and bought all the businesses at once.

I'm definitely archiving this savegame. I love it when I benefit from game glitches like this. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

The game is cool when you start, but it really gets good after you ice Diaz and start taking over the town.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 07, 2004).]
2004-07-07, 6:53 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crimson:
Actually, from what I understand Liberty City was based off an area near either Tampa or Miami called...Liberty City!! Kind of like a Hell's Kitchen of Florida. I gotta head down there sometime and check it out, see if it's like the game. I'm pretty sure it's Tampa.

</font>

I heard about this. The only thing GTA's Liberty City has in common with the real Liberty City is the name. GTA's Liberty City is based on NYC.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!