Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Giving Microsoft a taste of their own garbage...
Giving Microsoft a taste of their own garbage...
2004-07-06, 3:26 PM #41
and again i say that most people can do that but choose not to. why would they manipulate the O.S. if it is already the way they like it.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-07-06, 3:33 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">3) Geeze, alpha1, Im not trying to convert anyone here. I just posted a bit of humurous code for the few here that might find it funny. Unfortunatly, I neglected to consider that everyone here lacks a sense of humor.</font>

I'm sorry that we don't carry Penguin Pride cards in our wallets.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-07-06, 3:42 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
and again i say that most people can do that but choose not to. why would they manipulate the O.S. if it is already the way they like it.

</font>

Okay, let me spell it out for you.

Being computer literate means you know the basics of computers, and can diagnose/fix most problems. Not all, because admittedly, some of them can't be fixed, but most. You, obviously, don't know this or you wouldn't be posting the utter gibberish you are. Neither do a lot of people, mainly because they see the computer as a tool and they don't want to learn the tool past its needed use. Which is fine, that's their prerogative.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-06, 3:44 PM #44
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] I find your little bits of linux code pretty funny, GBK. I really liked that russian roulette one [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-06, 4:03 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by greenboy_009:
Quote:
Originally posted by Zuljin:
What's that? Change http://www.microsoft.com to http://12.220.246.6/ ? Ok!

</font>

but thatd still go to microsoft.com (if gbk actually uses his own idea)

[/B]

Infinate loop, baby! Oh yeah, lets crash the internet! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-06, 4:11 PM #46
ok, so if microsoft does not get any of these hack attaempts sent to your site... then whats with the title? "Giving Microsoft a taste of their own garbage..." doesnt make sense if you are redirecting the hackers to the MS website. thats just dumb, and i think thats 90% of why everyone thought that you were sending worms/viruses sent to you to MS.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-07-06, 4:12 PM #47
Yeah, Cazor, it may not have been the best of titles, in retrospect... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-06, 4:22 PM #48
Quote:
and again i say that most people can do that but choose not to. why would they manipulate the O.S. if it is already the way they like it.</font>

[http://www.doigtsagiles.com/images/gbkstfu.jpg]

Why don't you try and have a little sense of humour for once?

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited July 06, 2004).]
2004-07-06, 5:53 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Did Bill Gates run over a much loved pet of yours or something? I mean I'm not their biggest fan either, but sheesh, it's bordering on obsession man.

</font>

Well, he had to have SOMETHING to do after he gave up on the whole female companionship thing.

Stay tuned for his new levels, "Ode to My Hatred for Microsoft" "Ode to My Hatred for Microsoft 2" and "I wish I could turn my hatred for microsoft into a person and then have sex with it."

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko

RIP Madaventor: God bless you.
I live in the weak, and the wounded.
2004-07-06, 6:11 PM #50
I hate that people take my hatred for Microsoft as my hatred for Bill Gates. I don't hate the guy. In fact he's quite a good guy, single largest donator to charity in the nation. But his company is pure evil.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-06, 6:15 PM #51
Don't confuse evil with bureaucracy. Oh, wait...never mind.

Also, GBK, even though this thread is a joke, you do have an unnerving preoccupation of hating anything related to Microsoft. Obsessing over anything is never good.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 06, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-06, 6:31 PM #52
Quote:
umm, there are no more dbz episodes to release. and what is wrong with dbz anyway.

</font>

... I'm... I'm almost speechless. How could you possibly miss such an obvious joke? And this isn't the first time either. You miss them pretty frequently. Do you have some kind of mental problem? If you do, then it's completely understandable, but if you don't... I mean, geez.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-07-06, 6:56 PM #53
Yea Brian for promoting GBK's Microsoft hating lol!

------------------
You have to look at the big picture. We (as a country) spend more tax money dealing with MS blunders than we do on the software itself. And guess who MS's largest customer is? You guessed it, the government! - Brian
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-07, 5:09 AM #54
I'd like to say that the code is really useful. I run an Apache server and I get bombarded with

81.101.23.3 - - [07/Jul/2004:10:33:53 +0100] "GET /default.ida?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX%u9090%u6858
%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u9090%u8190%u00c
3%u0003%u8b00%u531b%u53ff%u0 078%u0000%u00=a HTTP/1.0" 404 292

and also

64.71.165.195 - - [06/Jul/2004:19:58:27 +0100] "CONNECT 216.179.62.106:6667 HTTP/1.0" 200 6463

and also

165.139.173.129 - - [04/Jul/2004:00:24:51 +0100] "POST /cgi-bin/cgiemail/forms/contact.txt HTTP/1.0" 404 315
209.2.108.2 - - [04/Jul/2004:00:25:01 +0100] "POST /cgi-bin/formmail.pl HTTP/1.0" 404 300
207.30.146.237 - - [04/Jul/2004:00:25:05 +0100] "POST /cgi-bin/contact.cgi HTTP/1.0" 404 300
194.212.229.228 - - [04/Jul/2004:00:25:06 +0100] "POST /cgi-bin/formmail.cgi HTTP/1.0" 404 301
66.31.45.238 - - [04/Jul/2004:00:25:16 +0100] "POST /mail.cgi HTTP/1.1" 404 289

(I don't have Formmail.pl or formmmail.cgi or contact.cgi or anything)

Yes, I changed 'microsoft' to a non-existant IP, but that's beside the point. I'll be most thankful if that code helps.

[This message has been edited by Mort-Hog (edited July 07, 2004).]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-07, 6:27 AM #55
It wouldn't hurt Mirosoft anyway. www.microsoft.com resolves to Linux servers, so they wouldn't be running IIS, vulnerable or otherwise.

I can't remember the name of the company that runs them off the top of my head, but they server several large companies, including Sony and Intel (I think). They were in the news recently because they had an outage which caused all those big name sites to be unavailable for a couple of hours.
2004-07-07, 6:46 AM #56
[http://mink.weezel.net/~tristan/vProfile/gbktext.php?text=SHUT%20UP!!]

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | ยป And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-07-07, 6:50 AM #57
Yay teh Pommster comes in and gives everyone what they deserve. ...Oh wait, I'm one of them. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
DO NOT WANT.
2004-07-07, 4:00 PM #58
Actually, Giraffe, thats jus the load balancing system...Microsoft.com really does run on IIS, so its just as vulnerable as any other IIS website.

------------------
2004-07-07, 4:57 PM #59
I didn't have a problem with the thread because it's clearly not illegal. It's perfectly legal to forward any traffic from one site to another site, people do it all the time. Hell, that's how search engines work. Whether it's ethical is another story, but you can probably count on one hand the requests for those types of files to GBKs server, so there's no way it's going to have any affect on MS whatsoever. Oops, M$.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-07-07, 4:58 PM #60
And honestly, you can bet MS has routers that block (read: drops) these types of requests automatically, so it probably doesn't even get to Redmond.

------------------
2004-07-07, 5:06 PM #61
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
...but you can probably count on one hand the requests for those types of files to GBKs server...</font>

Actually, every day a dozen stupid script kiddies hit my Apace server with IIS hacks. Its kinda pathetic, really.

------------------
2004-07-07, 5:16 PM #62
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
And honestly, you can bet MS has routers that block (read: drops) these types of requests automatically, so it probably doesn't even get to Redmond.

</font>

well, if they work the way windows does, then I bet quite a few attacks get through to redmond.
Anything made by Microsoft has more holes than a screen door. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-07, 6:04 PM #63
Probably why microsoft doesn't make routers [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-07-07, 6:05 PM #64
Dont give them any ideas. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-07-07, 7:37 PM #65
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle:
... I'm... I'm almost speechless. How could you possibly miss such an obvious joke? And this isn't the first time either. You miss them pretty frequently. Do you have some kind of mental problem? If you do, then it's completely understandable, but if you don't... I mean, geez.

</font>

some jokes I dont get because I do not live in america which means that all jokes based around things arriving on american tv are meaningless to me. other times, I get the joke after I make the post and I am unable to delete it because there are some people that ***** about being able to delete their own posts.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-07-07, 8:12 PM #66
It was fairly obvious that was a joke...

What's with your spelling anyway? I thought you were 17 or thereabouts?

↑ Up to the top!