Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What piercings do you have?
What piercings do you have?
2004-07-06, 7:32 PM #1
I just got my first one today, got one on my left eyebrow

Might do the top of one of my ears soon but I dunno yet.

I'll post a pic of it maybe once my parents get home from vacation cause they got the digital camera

(no they don't know I did it, but it doesn't matter cause im 18, heh)

What do you got?

------------------
If you drive... Don't park... Accidents cause people
2004-07-06, 7:48 PM #2
I dont really see the point of getting a piercing. Why did you get yours?

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-07-06, 8:07 PM #3
None. I've thought about getting one on the top of the ear, but I've never done it.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-06, 9:59 PM #4
Massassi is a pretty conservative group by my standards. I expect a debate/flame-war to develop pretty soon (I've lost faith that any thread won't end up as a flame war around here) If you disagree, please feel free to stfu :P

Sillyness aside, I have a Venom (double tongue), Industrial on my left ear(vertical ear barbell), slightly stretched lobes (to keep a job), and have had several others that I got rid of because they ended up being slightly uncomfortable.

I've also performed quite a few piercings, as one of my close friends is a professional piercer and I have a very slow-going sort of apprenticeship happening (just as a hobby, mostly). I've had a 100% success rate with them healing up right and placement, which I'm quite proud of.

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-07-06, 11:01 PM #5
Yeah it'll probably end in a flame war [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] Oh well

I got mine because uh, I wanted to

------------------
2004-07-06, 11:05 PM #6
I had an earring on my left ear six years ago. I had it for about a year, you can still tell I had a piercing.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-07-06, 11:25 PM #7
[Move along.]

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam

[This message has been edited by KegZ (edited July 07, 2004).]
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-07-06, 11:26 PM #8
I don't have any piercings yet. However a very good friend of mine is a piercings addict. She has something like 18 piercings, most being in her ears. She loves getting the adrenalin rush when she gets the needle jammed in. I saw her get something done once and she was almost bouncing off the walls afterwards.

------------------
2004-07-06, 11:34 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KegZ:
I don't have any piercings yet. However a very good friend of mine is a piercings addict. She has something like 18 piercings, most being in her ears. She loves getting the adrenalin rush when she gets the needle jammed in. I saw her get something done once and she was almost bouncing off the walls afterwards.

</font>

Sounds like those needles aren't just for adrenalin...
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-07-07, 12:50 AM #10
No piercings for the Tonemeister. Ever.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-07, 2:55 AM #11
I have no piercings and I don't really want any.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-07, 3:25 AM #12
Piercings anywhere other than the lower ear freak me out. I can't look at them. I really don't want one or see a real reason why anyone should. You got yours because you wanted it. Why'd you want it? I'm not trying to start the flame so don't blow it out of porportion.

------------------
"Father to your hands I commend my spirirt. Father to your hands-Why have you forsaken me?"
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2004-07-07, 3:34 AM #13
Don't have any, doubt i'll get any, i'm not a jewellery kinda guy.... not bothered about showing off lumps of metal attached or worn around the body.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-07, 3:35 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Compos Mentis:
slightly stretched lobes (to keep a job), mostly).</font>

?? They were going to fire you if you didn't stretch your earlobes??

Anyway, I have no desire to puncture my body. Unless it's in ritualistic suicide.

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-07-07, 3:37 AM #15
because its something new and different, well for me atleast i guess.

most guys that do it here get their ears or lips pierced, the girls get their bellybuttons or tounges and and ears pierced, i dunno too many people with eyebrows done

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Piercings anywhere other than the lower ear freak me out.</font>

You raised in a way that anything other then 'normal' is wrong or something?

I'm not one of those people that get 9345 piercings on everything they can pierce, this is my only one, and will likely BE my only one unless I do my upper ear, but thats the most I'd ever do

------------------
2004-07-07, 3:40 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Sounds like those needles aren't just for adrenalin... </font>

I meant the needle that the piercer uses to put the hole in. For her, the pain she feels gives her a rush of adrenalin which is why she keeps going back for more piercings. Damn adrenalin junkies.

------------------

[This message has been edited by KegZ (edited July 07, 2004).]
2004-07-07, 3:43 AM #17
I've always found navel (belly button) piercings to be incredibly sexy for some reason. Would that be weird if a guy got one? I've only ever seen women with them.

------------------
Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Alias (edited July 07, 2004).]
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-07-07, 4:14 AM #18
I've have both of my ears pierced for around 5-6 years and have toyed with the idea of getting more ear piercings as well as a nose stud. That's where I'd draw the line for myself, but I don't see anything wrong with going further, if it suits you.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I dont really see the point of getting a piercing. Why did you get yours?</font>

I don't know why other people get theres, but I've always had a fascination with other cultures past and present. The way that many of these cultures enhanced their beauty with piercings and tattoos was just something that appealed to me. Simply put, I like the way it looks, and in some strange way, it makes me feel closer to those civilizations and cultures that I greatly respect.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I've always found navel (belly button) piercings to be incredibly sexy for some reason. Would that be weird if a guy got one? I've only ever seen women with them.</font>

I find them sexy as well, on women of course. I've seen guys with both navel and nipple piercings. I don't like the way it looks on men, and it kind of creeps me out, but whatever floats your boat! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-07-07, 4:33 AM #19
I have my left ear pierced... Twice in the lobe and once in the cartlidge. I have every intention of getting more when I turn 18.
2004-07-07, 4:42 AM #20
None, ziltch, nadda, zero... No tattoos or jewelry, either...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq

[This message has been edited by GBK (edited July 07, 2004).]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-07, 5:01 AM #21
I think it's odd that piercings in the earlobe are acceptable, but anywhere else is all 'rebellious'.

As for general jewelry, you can attach a necklace to
[http://www.os2world.com/os2usb/assets/images/pockidrive128.jpg]
and it makes for nice jewelry.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-07, 6:09 AM #22
Hmmm.. None right now. But I'll have a few too many after this.

Weeeee *splat*

Does anyone have a 3 foot wide belly button ring?

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-07, 6:34 AM #23
Prince Albert.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-07-07, 7:02 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zuljin:
Prince Albert.

</font>

Dammit zully, you beat me two it.

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-07-07, 7:04 AM #25
I have all three of my testicles pierced.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-07, 7:17 AM #26
I'm not too big on piercings, I'm more of a tatoo person. Something about a metal orb on my different body parts doesn't work for me. I'd rather have a drawing.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-07, 7:19 AM #27
I'm not to big on tatoos. Something about being jabbed numerous ammounts of times with a ink injecting needle to the flesh doesn't work for me

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-07, 7:23 AM #28
I'm still unpierced and unmarked.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-07, 7:28 AM #29
i got diamond stuuds in both my ears... top that

------------------
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
2004-07-07, 7:33 AM #30
None for me,

I think they make people look ugly(even earrings)... but thats just me.

The only 'body art' that I can't stand is split tongue thing, Thats way too Gross to me..
2004-07-07, 7:53 AM #31
3 in each ear. Two in each lobe and one in each cartilage. The one in the left side is about halfway up the side. And the one on the right is almost at the top.

No tats though. I don't really dig 'em.

------------------
I resent that.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-07, 8:06 AM #32
The only body modification I have is a shaved face.

------------------
MadQuack has a signature.
I'm just a little boy.
2004-07-07, 8:12 AM #33
I don't have yet, but I'm thinking of getting my eyebrow pierced.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-07, 8:51 AM #34
I used to have my tongue prierced. I got it done in august, my girlfriend at the time talked me into it.

Infact she pushed me towards the chair, I was nervous and thinking about not doing it. But i showed her, aparently from the shock of the pain and the blood that i swallowed, I ended up pucking while she was standing in front of me.

in Feb. I ended up taking the stupid thing out after my piercing tore and hurt like hell. its all healed over now, and i don't think I would ever get it done again, although, my current girlfriend would easily be able to talk me into doing that again.

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-07-07, 8:55 AM #35
I've never really been a big fan of piercing, although lately I've been considering getting my nose done. Tatoos first though. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

I think piercings anywhere other than the ear lobes are seen as rebellious because it's a relatively new thing. Back when tatoos started out, it was a very rebellious thing to have, and now that every other person has them - young and old, guys and girls - it's much more accepted. And I predict the same will happen to piercings, split tongues and any other body mods in the future.

Personally, I've just been wanting to change my look for awhile now. All my life I've always had this 'good boy' look, with the proper clothing, the short hair, no tatoos, no piercings, no bracelets or chains, so now I just want to try something different.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!

[This message has been edited by Flexor (edited July 07, 2004).]
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-07, 8:56 AM #36
Won't get piercings, but will get more tattoos [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
People who get murdered are victims, people who get killed in war are casualties and people who don't get killed at all are just plain boring. -Said by me-

In my dream world people wear trenchcoats and piss on sanity's grave.
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2004-07-07, 9:03 AM #37
No [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
SpriteMod (JO 2003)
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-07-07, 9:45 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
?? They were going to fire you if you didn't stretch your earlobes??

Anyway, I have no desire to puncture my body. Unless it's in ritualistic suicide.

</font>

I meant that I couldn't stretch it any bigger than 10g because it's hard to get a job with stretched lobes.

For me, getting pierced goes way beyond the aesthetic appeal. I've wanted my tongue pierced since I was 6. It was the first thing I did when I turned 18. I ended up getting two because a) I'd never met anyone with two (at that point)
b) I like how getting pierced feels.
c) I like how it looks

Getting pierced is more than just being rebellious or wanting to be trendy to me. It's a way to extend a part of my personality . Industrial/Modern art is something I am pursuing as a career, and I see body-mods as another part of it. I also get a rush when getting pierced. It makes me feel alive. It's the same rush experienced by many people when they're doing an extreme-sport of any kind.

I've accepted that many people will never understand exactly "why would someone do that to their body?"; but it's usually these people whom I don't understand, myself. People are different, it's a fact of life. The only tiring part is the ignorance that stems blanket insults. Yes, you may not understand, but there's a great many things I don't say about many of your choices simply out of common decency and respect.

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-07-07, 10:07 AM #39
I do it for three reasons.

1. I like the way it looks.
2. It pisses off the squares.
3. At the end of the day, chicks dig it.

------------------
I resent that.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-07, 11:22 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I'm not to big on tatoos. Something about being jabbed numerous ammounts of times with a ink injecting needle to the flesh doesn't work for me

</font>

It's not that painful. sure, probably not an orgasm unless you're a masochist, but still bearable. You don't die from it you know?

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!