Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "Phoenix"
"Phoenix"
2006-11-29, 4:03 PM #41
[QUOTE=SK's GF]recent studies have shown that we did not breed wid neandertals...they just sequenced their genome a few months back.
we kind of drove them out[/QUOTE]
The genetic studies merely lack evidence that we interbred with Neanderthals. It is much harder to prove that we didn't. A few fossils that may suggest that we did have been discovered, though all are controversial. If interbreeding was rare, random chance (or natural selection) could have erased all obvious genetic evidence of it. My personal belief is that if humans and Neanderthals were close enough genetically to interbreed (I have heard no specific statement as to whether or not this was the case), there is no way they wouldn't have, at least on a small scale. If the Internet has taught me anything, it's that humans are varied in their tastes.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2006-11-29, 4:46 PM #42
I know I would have interbred with neanderthals. [http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/kyle901/emot-quagmire.gif]
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!