Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → UK public smoking ban gets official start date
UK public smoking ban gets official start date
2006-12-02, 7:50 AM #41
It's kind of weird actually. All the people here who are saying it's such a chore to sit in the same room as smokers, and yet no-one has ever complained in all the times I've been out drinking. Maybe we should ban drinking, since it's more of a pain to have some drunk moron spill their drink all over your clothes and have that smell clinging to you.

And I'm sorry, but the holier-than-thou attitude some of the posters in this thread have exuded is incredibly annoying. Stop acting like everyone who smokes goes out of their way to breathe it all over you, because we don't. In fact, I actually had someone step across to the part of the pavement I was standing on for no reason other than coughing as they want past, but I don't generalise all non-smokers as being pretentious, do I?
2006-12-02, 8:06 AM #42
Banning smoking in public buildings isn't infringing on anyone's rights. Think of it this way. We have laws that tell you that you're only allowed to drive your car on a road, otherwise you'll kill people. We have laws that tell you that you're only allowed to smoke outside or in private, otherwise you'll kill people.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-12-02, 8:48 AM #43
Originally posted by Ruthven:
THIS IS BULLS***!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :argh:

How about banning alcohol to reduce the amount of teenage pregnancy and social violence.

What next? Ban caffiene? Ban Shexing?

Dumb. People drinking caffiene doesn't make it hard for other people to breathe and give them cancer.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-12-02, 8:51 AM #44
people take this holier-than-thou attitude about human life too, who gives a **** if some **** gets cancer?

I smoke cigarettes and fully accept the fact they'll probablys kill me, people need to stop thinking they're so awesome that their life is worth more than people having fun.
2006-12-02, 9:14 AM #45
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]who gives a **** if some **** gets cancer?[/QUOTE]I'll answer this one. The **** cares.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-02, 9:43 AM #46
I don't see how it's a "holier than thou attitude" to disallow smoking in a building.

I can kinda see it, though, in someone playing himself off as an unfairly treated minority, simply because he or she can't take part in an activity anywhere he wants.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-12-02, 9:47 AM #47
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]people take this holier-than-thou attitude about human life too, who gives a **** if some **** gets cancer?

I smoke cigarettes and fully accept the fact they'll probablys kill me, people need to stop thinking they're so awesome that their life is worth more than people having fun.[/QUOTE]

The same argument could be made if you get kicks from having gunfights in public places.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-12-02, 12:07 PM #48
Originally posted by Avenger:
They're not trying to get people to quit with these bans.

One thing we disagree on!

Even if that's so, I'm tired of breathing it, especially considering I'm allergic to it. I'm very liberal and all that but I can't find any wrongs in passing it, and so many rights in doing so.
2006-12-02, 12:23 PM #49
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]people take this holier-than-thou attitude about human life too, who gives a **** if some **** gets cancer?

I smoke cigarettes and fully accept the fact they'll probablys kill me, people need to stop thinking they're so awesome that their life is worth more than people having fun.[/QUOTE]

Except it harms those around you.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-02, 12:26 PM #50
Uh, that's spe.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-02, 12:41 PM #51

It's not a "holier than thou" attitude. You're more than welcome to kill yourself with cigarettes. I could care less. I just don't want you killing me with your cigarettes.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!