Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Great Massassian Charitable Donation
The Great Massassian Charitable Donation
2006-12-06, 11:39 AM #1
[Note - It should be well known by now that I'm crap at writing the first post of a new thread, so just endure me for now.]

Here's the jist, after reading CoolMatty's recent thread on the money he's donating to charity I got an idea: A massassi charity donation.

I've been talking about this with mb and Happydud and basically the idea is going to be that anyone that can spare a small donation, say of about $10, £5 or equivalent [preferrably a nice round number :P] shall mail it to a trustworthy member of the forums on the East Coast [This just makes shipping easier]. Once all the money has been received, we'll then donate it to a chosen charity [Say for instance, Childsplay] in the forum's name.

So I guess the real question now is, who would be interested in a community charity donation? Our elected trustworthy member is our very own Happydud, who's more than happy to take the money. However he's not up for posting his address on the forums, therefore if you would like to donate, please send him a PM about it including how much you would like to donate, and post the same in this thread.

Unfortunately at the moment I am pretty damn poor, so my donation shall be £5 unless I come into some extra money before the time of sending. Our specific charity shall be polled for at a later date.

Now that's done I'd like to apologise once again for my crappy first post, but please, donate something, it'll be Christmastime after all.

DEADLINE FOR MONEY SUBMISSIONS:
If you want to mail Dud a money order over snailmail, please send it by Friday the 15th. PM him if you are going to money order it with "Money Order" as the subject, and he will reply with his address. Please put how much you are going to donate in the PM, just for his sake. He is leaving his current location on December 22nd to go back home, and so I want to make SURE he gets it before then. Also, include some note in the envelope with your massassi name, so he know who it's from. :p

For Paypal donations, again, PM Dud with "Paypal Donation" in the subject, and he'll reply back with the appropriate information.

For further questions, please see #masschairty. Same server as the main channel.
nope.
2006-12-06, 11:46 AM #2
I'd be interested in donating (I sadly wasn't able to donate to childsplay because I was really tight on money these last few months).
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-06, 12:05 PM #3
If we get this done in time for Child's Play and do it for that charity, I'll throw the pot of my collections here into it.
2006-12-06, 12:27 PM #4
I'd be up for doing this...especially for Childsplay!
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-12-06, 12:35 PM #5
Do you accept PayPal?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-06, 12:52 PM #6
I'm in, but like Bacon, funds are slim, so it probably won't be more than $10.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-12-06, 1:28 PM #7
Originally posted by Spork:
Do you accept PayPal?

That'll be have to checked with dud.
nope.
2006-12-06, 1:46 PM #8
Yes, I will be accepting paypal as well. In fact, that method of payment is prefered. PM me and I'll send you my paypal information.

That's easier than mailing cash.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-06, 2:22 PM #9
I'll probably donate 10 or 20, depending. When is the deadline?
D E A T H
2006-12-06, 2:35 PM #10
I'm trying to save money for equipment but I can send like $20 probably :o
2006-12-06, 3:40 PM #11
Wouldn't it be really cool if we could get a mention on the main page? I don't know what the size for donation is in order to do that, though.

(Also, I'm totally game for 10 or 15 bucks. I just want more info. I assume everyone here wants to use childsplay. We should hurry up and pick.)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-06, 3:42 PM #12
I'd donate a good 50 or so to childs play
Think while it's still legal.
2006-12-06, 4:25 PM #13
So, I take it the general consensus is Child's Play?

If so, does anyone know when the donation deadline for that is?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-06, 4:27 PM #14
And unless someone has a specific hospital they'd like to donate it to, we'd probably just send it to the main contribution fund thingie.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-06, 4:32 PM #15
I sent the head lady an email asking that question, I'll let ya'll know when I get a reply.
2006-12-06, 4:50 PM #16
Okay, got a timely response >.>

"We'll be accepting donations until the end of this month. Anything arriving after that will be counted towards the total for Child's Play 2007."
2006-12-06, 5:39 PM #17
Did you ask how much we need to donate to get credit? I care what people think of massassi :-P
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-06, 6:04 PM #18
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Did you ask how much we need to donate to get credit? I care what people think of massassi :-P

Seriously, who gives a ****, we're trying to help a cause, not get us labeled. Sheesh.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-06, 9:09 PM #19
Okay. I'm going to have Baconfish put this in the main post (*ahem*. Do that please.)

DEADLINE FOR MONEY SUBMISSIONS:
If you want to mail me a money order over snailmail, please send it by Friday the 15th. PM me if you are going to money order it with "Money Order" as the subject, and I will reply with my address. Please put how much you are going to donate in the PM, just for my sake. I am leaving my current location on December 22nd to go back home, and so I want to make SURE I get it before then. Also, include some note in the envelope with your massassi name, so I know who it's from. :p

For Paypal donations, again, PM me with "Paypal Donation" in the subject, and I'll reply back with the appropriate information.

Horray for massassi! We're doing good!

I'll keep a running total of how much money I have recieved... probably in the first post of this thread. (Just get Baconfish/admin to update it)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-06, 9:15 PM #20
Originally posted by Jep:
Seriously, who gives a ****, we're trying to help a cause, not get us labeled. Sheesh.

I could ammend my posts with
[/Sarcasm]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-07, 10:54 AM #21
Dud's going to take our money and buy expensive dresses in New York.
2006-12-07, 11:19 AM #22
Is there any chance I could wire you the money dud? I get paid the 22nd and that's when I was planning on donating.
D E A T H
2006-12-07, 12:07 PM #23
Could you paypal it? I don't really know how wiring money works.. Unless you want to explain it to me.

But also: I have only gotten ONE PM so far. That's NOT very encouraging!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-07, 12:25 PM #24
I wire it to your location and there's a secret question/answer, you answer correctly at the place I wired it to and you get the monies. I don't have paypal, or a bank account, or a credit card. :\
D E A T H
2006-12-07, 1:48 PM #25
happydud: I'll just give you my contribution sometime when you get back to MD.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-12-07, 6:50 PM #26
I'd prefer more reliable methods, I'm not sure what my scheduleis going to be like before the turn of the year.

Also: Congrats to Spork and Cool Matty for being the ONLY PEOPLE to send me a PM so far.

Come on massassi go!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-07, 9:59 PM #27
Originally posted by happydud:
I'd prefer more reliable methods, I'm not sure what my scheduleis going to be like before the turn of the year.

Also: Congrats to Spork and Cool Matty for being the ONLY PEOPLE to send me a PM so far.

Come on massassi go!

Uh, it's more reliable on the me-end. :P At the very least I could leave it for your mom to give you or something.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-12-08, 6:37 AM #28
I get paid on the 15th so expect some moolah some time around then.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-09, 11:53 AM #29
Well it seems Childsplay is the chosen charity then. :P
nope.
2006-12-09, 4:00 PM #30
I have a total confirmed payment of $35 so far.

And a lot of promises coming in! Keep it up, massassi!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-09, 4:39 PM #31
Whats your paypal dud?
Think while it's still legal.
2006-12-09, 5:28 PM #32
haha $35, that's mine
2006-12-09, 6:12 PM #33
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Whats your paypal dud?[/QUOTE]
[quote=ORIGINAL POST]Our elected trustworthy member is our very own Happydud, who's more than happy to take the money. However he's not up for posting his address on the forums, therefore if you would like to donate, please send him a PM about it including how much you would like to donate, and post the same in this thread.[/quote]
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-09, 6:37 PM #34
Thank you, Roach. :P

I yelled at him in my PM though.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-12, 11:21 PM #35
I have recieved $50 so far.
There are a couple of mail orders coming in, a few more people who need to actually SEND the paypal stuff (you know who you are), and my donation still to go.

Keep it coming!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-14, 8:03 AM #36
Today and tomorrow are the last days to mail me $$$, just to let you all know.

Unless you want to mail it to my house instead of my school.

I've only recieved three donations so far. Is anyone else going to make a paypal donation?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-14, 12:26 PM #37
Just got paid a few hours ago. I sent you Australian Dollars just to be difficult :P
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-14, 3:34 PM #38
I now have a total of $69.91, not including my own donation.

I have not recieved ANY via mail yet, so if someone has sent one via post, could you let me know so I know to watch out for it?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-16, 5:28 PM #39
We now have $109.91!!

Awesome!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-17, 11:26 AM #40
money sent. in US Dollars, to make your life easier :D

also, loving the exchange rate right now - considering how poor I've been lately!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!