Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Now who's on the wrong side of the tracks?!
Now who's on the wrong side of the tracks?!
2006-12-10, 1:46 PM #1
I just spent my whole friggin' afternoon trying to beat "The Wrong Side of the Tracks" or whatever it's called in San Andreas. I got it down to one person on my FIRST TRY, and then it just when to hell from there. i just got lucky, no jetpack, no cars on the track, just plain out LUCK.

What are some of the most annoying game challenges you've had to overcome? Even if it took cheating, how'd you do it?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-12-10, 1:47 PM #2
Level 27 on Burgertyme :argh:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-10, 1:54 PM #3
Buying a Wii in Las Vegas.

Dang, that mission is so hard. I still haven't gotten past it yet.
2006-12-10, 2:03 PM #4
THAT IS THE EASIEST ****ING MISSION EVER.

I seriously fail to grasp why everyone finds it so damn hard. YOU HAVE TO RIDE OUT FROM THE TRAIN SO THAT BIG SMOKE CAN HIT THE GANGSTERS, AND NOT THE SIDE OF THE TRAIN. UHH DUHHHHHHHHH DURRRRR UHHH DURRRR

Seriously, I do it in the first try every time now. ****, the only thing I have trouble with is dealing with the guys before the train leaves because I normally don't have any good skills at that point in the game.
2006-12-10, 2:08 PM #5
Yeah, it took me 2 tries, after I lost the mission the first time I realised what i was doing wrong.

There was that ridiculously difficult mission where you had to jump out of a plane and jump into another one. The hard part was catching up with the plane, it always takes me about 20 tries to get this mission done and when I do it's from luck. Apparently this mission is a lot easier on the ps2 version. Weird.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-12-10, 2:13 PM #6
my problem was I hit random cars in front of me at the intersections the train goes through, or I'd turn JUST too far and hit the wall.

Or after the first tunnel I'd be slowing down because it's uphill and not be able to catch back up to the train.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-12-10, 2:13 PM #7
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
Yeah, it took me 2 tries, after I lost the mission the first time I realised what i was doing wrong.

There was that ridiculously difficult mission where you had to jump out of a plane and jump into another one. The hard part was catching up with the plane, it always takes me about 20 tries to get this mission done and when I do it's from luck. Apparently this mission is a lot easier on the ps2 version. Weird.

That mission was ridiculous amounts of awesome though.
2006-12-10, 2:14 PM #8
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
my problem was I hit random cars in front of me at the intersections the train goes through, or I'd turn JUST too far and hit the wall.

Or after the first tunnel I'd be slowing down because it's uphill and not be able to catch back up to the train.

Not an excuse? Maybe you don't know but you can STEER the dirtbike.
2006-12-10, 2:20 PM #9
I never had a problem with either of those missions. Did them both first time. PS2 version, though. Maybe the controls are easier.

The Zero missions are still a pain, though. I can't even be bothered going back to them.
2006-12-10, 2:25 PM #10
The only mistake I made there was trying to do the one where you shoot down planes at night. Can't see the damn things at night. :P
2006-12-10, 2:33 PM #11
The Zero missions aren't too bad, but the RC plane handles like ****.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-12-10, 2:38 PM #12
I wish there were a non-cheating way to control RC vehicles outside of missions whenever you wanted to.

Flying that helcopter into pedestrians is hilarious amounts of fun.
2006-12-10, 4:14 PM #13
Right now I'm hating the mission where you ride the dirtbike into the cargo plane. Wtf. It always takes off too soon.

Recently, on Oblivion, I was doing Hunter's Run, and when I stepped out, it did the thing where the Orc's supposed to kill the gambler guy, but the gambler guy was up on top of the fort and the orc couldn't get up there so the game was kinda stuck. I had to do the out of body experience camera (tfc) and use the console to kill the gambler dude. That sucked.

Also, there's this quest (user made) where one of my companions is being hunted by argonian ninjas, and because he becomes "unessential" during the battle, they keep ganging up on him and killing him. It sucks.

-Actually, maybe you guys can help me with something. I downloaded the Pyramid Head mod, and went to Fort Strand to get the seal, or the glyph, or whatever. However, the door at fort strand, rather than saying, I dunno, "Door to Fort Strand", says "Old Wooden Door", and using it does nothing. Anyone have this mod/problem?
2006-12-10, 4:28 PM #14
Motorcycle missions are pretty easy for me, but I spent the majority of that game on a bike of one kind or another. They're just far superior for cutting through traffic, taking shortcuts in urban areas, and falling off cliffs (intentionally or not) and surviving, which might fall under shortcuts in some cases.

Not to mention you can fire in front of you on bikes, which makes them so much better. Really all they lack is the ability to do a pit maneuver and run over multiple people at once (and park on people who didn't die, which is always funny as they lie under your car swearing at you while you carefully aim at their head with your weapon of choice).
2006-12-10, 4:29 PM #15
Jarl, it sounds like they disabled the teleport for that door, probably accidentally. I've had a few mods do that before. You can open it up in TESCS and edit the door's info to teleport to the appropriate cell.
2006-12-10, 5:22 PM #16
Water Temple, OOT. End of thread.
2006-12-10, 5:26 PM #17
My Roommate got like 90000 points in Bejeweled. HOW? WHY?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-10, 8:12 PM #18
Originally posted by Jarl:
Right now I'm hating the mission where you ride the dirtbike into the cargo plane. Wtf. It always takes off too soon.

Have you tried tapping the lean forward button/key? You duck down and gain a little speed, might be enough for you to get in.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-12-10, 8:50 PM #19
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Have you tried tapping the lean forward button/key? You duck down and gain a little speed, might be enough for you to get in.

Sounds useful. I'll remember that for next time.

Originally posted by Masq:
Jarl, it sounds like they disabled the teleport for that door, probably accidentally. I've had a few mods do that before. You can open it up in TESCS and edit the door's info to teleport to the appropriate cell.

That sounds like a lot of work for something that should have been enabled from the start. I'll ask around a bit more and maybe shuffle my active mods before doing anything rash (I doubt my system can even handle the editor).

Originally posted by Masq:
Motorcycle missions are pretty easy for me, but I spent the majority of that game on a bike of one kind or another. They're just far superior for cutting through traffic, taking shortcuts in urban areas, and falling off cliffs (intentionally or not) and surviving, which might fall under shortcuts in some cases.

Motorcycles toss you right off if you fall from too high. You take no damage while in cars, though.
Seriously, driving up to the Chilead summit and driving off in a sports car is a much better idea than doing so on a Freeway or one of those honda ripoffs.

-More hard levels: Those crazy ones in the Special Zone or whatever in Super Mario World. *********, I never got past that second one.
2006-12-10, 8:53 PM #20
Oh god...I beat that level like a year ago? Maybe 13 months? Hell I beat the game a long time ago too.

Key is to distance yourself from the train to get good hits. Took me 10 tries or so though.
2006-12-10, 8:53 PM #21
I had a terrible time with the flying missions in San Andreas (playing on PC). I cannot fly for crap in that game, I stopped playing when I got to the flying missions.
2006-12-10, 11:39 PM #22
Mission was easy for me. Then again, I had my bike skill all the way full by then. Found an FCR-900 and cruised around town for about 5 hours.
D E A T H
2006-12-11, 1:08 AM #23
Originally posted by Jarl:

Like Darkjedibob said, hold forward on the left analogue stick slightly until CJ is leaning over the bike. If you hold too far he'll start to stand up and you'll slow down. You can shoot up the outside of the runway like this (out of the way of the barrels), and then cut inside when you're close enough.
2006-12-11, 4:28 AM #24
I had to take that mission like 3 times, but it didn't bother me afterwards.

However, I still remember those goddamn lowrider carbouncing things that cost me a lot of tries because I hadn't mapped my keys properly enough.

Good game.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-11, 4:45 AM #25
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Like Darkjedibob said, hold forward on the left analogue stick slightly until CJ is leaning over the bike. If you hold too far he'll start to stand up and you'll slow down. You can shoot up the outside of the runway like this (out of the way of the barrels), and then cut inside when you're close enough.

Easiest way is to rapidly tap forwards, it prevents the animation from reaching the standing position and prevens CJ from sitting back again. You can make any of the unique jumps and missions using this method. Then again this was on the PC.

Oh, and it's not just a little bit faster, it's significantly faster.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-11, 4:57 AM #26
I think that's the main issue with the PC version of San Andreas. A keyboard just doesn't offer the same level of control as a joypad (in this game, at any rate).
2006-12-11, 5:01 AM #27
Thats why I use my Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick for the flying missions :) Makes it much more fun.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-12-11, 5:04 AM #28
That's why I play GTA:SA with my PS2 Controller plugged into the PS2 USB adapter. :P
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-11, 4:03 PM #29
I just deal with tapping, I normally don't need that extra speed boost. Normally I'm on a NRG if I can help it, and I do have more distance travelled on motorcyles than everything else combined right now :P
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-12-11, 5:02 PM #30
Yeah, I spent most of my time in the game on a bike. So much faster, and easy to zip in and out of traffic.
2006-12-11, 5:38 PM #31
Every garage has 5 bikes, mostly NRGs if I take the time, but I usually keep a Sanchez in certain locations for easy access when I need offroad.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-12-11, 5:51 PM #32
Getting gold on the barrel-roll stunt at driving school
2006-12-11, 6:11 PM #33
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Water Temple, OOT. End of thread.[/QUOTE]

I found that easy.

I'll have to say the mine shaft in Gunstar Heros is pretty annoying. Other things include:

- Protecting the B-Wings in the X-Wing expansion.

- The 3v1 + useless boar Arena fight in Oblivion

- The beginning dungeon in Baldur's Gate 2 isn't hard, it just discourages me from playing the game.

- Act 3 in Diablo 2 makes me want to cry. Most boring part of a game ever.

I'm sure there are others, I remember getting frustrated a lot in my gaming career. I just can't remember many at the moment.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-11, 6:18 PM #34
The racing mission in freelancer.. I had a big heavy freighter when i got to it. Had to sell it and buy a peice of crap tiny ship to be able to turn fast enough. :argh:

o.0
2006-12-11, 6:47 PM #35
Originally posted by paladinZ:
Getting gold on the barrel-roll stunt at driving school

I found the 90 degree parking a pain in the arse, too. Very few could I get 100% on the first shot, but most of them with only a little work. Still haven't gotten all of them 100. Bike, Boats and Air, however, are much easier.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-12-11, 6:47 PM #36
I'm gonna have to go find my San Andreas DVD now. That game has such great replay value just driving around the city listening to music and trying crazy stunts. :)

Oh, it's also fun to steal a plane or helicopter and jump out right before crashing it into something... am I the only one who does that? Fun trying to jump out onto the top of a tall building before watching the plane spin out of control down to the street below (bring a parachute to get down afterwards of course).
2006-12-11, 7:13 PM #37
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]- The 3v1 + useless boar Arena fight in Oblivion[/QUOTE]

Heh, the boar actually killed the last guy for me (of course, I had done like 99% of the damage to him). I was actually kind of pissed that I didn't get to finish him off, though.
2006-12-11, 7:16 PM #38
Originally posted by Aglar:
I had a terrible time with the flying missions in San Andreas (playing on PC). I cannot fly for crap in that game, I stopped playing when I got to the flying missions.

The flying controls (on the PC, I can't attest for other consoles) are much improved in SA over the other ones. They take a while to pick up, but eventually I could even get the miniatures working fine.

Flying might have been my favorite part of the game. I spent a lot of time just flying around looking for other aircraft to shoot down.
:master::master::master:
2006-12-11, 7:37 PM #39
Originally posted by stat:
The flying controls (on the PC, I can't attest for other consoles) are much improved in SA over the other ones.

I can appreciate that, but at least in the other ones there weren't mandatory flying missions, except maybe one in VC (or was it GTA3?) where you had to blow up a building or something.
2006-12-11, 7:59 PM #40
Flying in SA is easy once you realize there is more too it than pressing left and right. It makes me wonder why the driving controls are so simplified.

↑ Up to the top!