Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you carry a weapon?
Do you carry a weapon?
2003-12-20, 2:27 PM #41
Just my lightsaber...

I have a small pocket knife on my keychain. It's too small to be highly effective as a weapon. I carry it for utility purposes.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2003-12-20, 2:45 PM #42
Gerber utility 3", and a regular folding 3.5" pocket knife...

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-20, 2:52 PM #43
Glock.
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2003-12-20, 3:16 PM #44
I don't necesarily carry any weapons with me, but I know how to fight if need be, use a pen as a weapon and I usually carry a pocket knife with me (not for protection, just because it's handy)

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-20, 3:37 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
a spoon.

well...I don't, but my friend does, and I hide behind him if anything scary happens.

</font>

i forgot, i'll sometimes have a fork if i'm having ramen at school that day

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-20, 3:44 PM #46
I don't carry a weapon but see nothing wrong with doing so as long as it is legal. I do have a few weapons lying around in my room from the days when I studied martial arts though.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-12-20, 3:49 PM #47
Never been attacked or threatened or otherwise experienced any aggression from others towards me public...so...never even given it a second thought.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian & A Very Massassian Xmas
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2003-12-20, 4:24 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
I usually carry a steel alloy/oak hybrid quarterstaff to school with me . . . It's easy to conceal, if you know how. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

Where. Can. I. Get. One???

------------------
"So there I was completely naked and covered in tartar sauce..."
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2003-12-20, 11:34 PM #49
I'd carry a katana if I owned one.

------------------
Hey, I'm here! But who cares?
Hey, I'm here! But who cares?
2003-12-21, 6:54 AM #50
Of course I don't carry any weapons.

Unless you're somehow unable to defend yourself otherwise (disabled, incredibly fat, incredibly weak, etc.), there should be no reason to carry a weapon.

Well, unless you live in an incredibly, unreasonably dangerous area.

And Scott, I have a katana, they're way overhyped. Sure they're sharp, but I don't even see why they're so popular - they're way too long to be useful, the handle is long to the point of being restrictive, it's more of a big phallic symbol than an actual weapon.

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.

[This message has been edited by Checksum (edited December 21, 2003).]
2003-12-21, 8:02 AM #51
I carry a small set of screwdrivers. Anything I dismantle becomes a weapon.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-21, 9:25 AM #52
I know seven ways to kill someone with a spoon and a couple of other unusual things. How to kill someone with a spiral notebook is one of them. I dare not post them here on massassi though. Word might get out that almost ANYTHING is a deadly weapon. If airport security new half the things I did, we'd all be riding bikes to get from place to place. In fact, I'd love to hijack a plane someday, just to say I did...

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2003-12-21, 10:29 AM #53
Ahh.. The power of Cheese!
Really though, throwing old rotten cheese at people will make them gag, giving you time to run/kill them.

------------------
"It's OK for us to randomly attack people!"
-BV

o.0
2003-12-21, 11:33 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Axis:
I know seven ways to kill someone with a spoon and a couple of other unusual things. How to kill someone with a spiral notebook is one of them. I dare not post them here on massassi though. Word might get out that almost ANYTHING is a deadly weapon. If airport security new half the things I did, we'd all be riding bikes to get from place to place. In fact, I'd love to hijack a plane someday, just to say I did...

</font>

That commment just triggered a half-dozen CIA and NSA internet monitoring programs. They are now onto Massassi.
2003-12-22, 2:51 AM #55
The spork will rule them all!!!!!

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-12-22, 3:08 AM #56
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
The spork will rule them all!!!!!</font>

Here's hoping... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-22, 3:36 AM #57
The One Ring.

------------------
Please frame your insults in the form of a question.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2003-12-22, 3:55 AM #58
I usually wear steel-caps, but that's more of a bogan thing

my dog can chase down and eat march flies though. that's bloody handy in australia

i'm surprised no-ones mentioned cars... mine's 1.4 tonnes and 90% steel. needless to say no-ones pissed me off THAT much yet, or my newfound posting privileges would be more than slightly hampered by being in jail
2003-12-22, 4:19 AM #59
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GHORG:
i'm surprised no-ones mentioned cars... mine's 1.4 tonnes and 90% steel.</font>

Because we can't carry them? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2003-12-22, 4:26 AM #60
Maybe you cant... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-22, 4:40 AM #61
SPORK SMASH!

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2003-12-22, 8:56 AM #62
I am a weapon. I learned how to fight on the streets when I was a kid, so I can hurt someone plenty with just my fists.

I also carry a knife everywhere, but more as a tool than a weapon. (even though it is kept extremely sharp)

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2003-12-22, 1:05 PM #63
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I am a weapon. I learned how to fight on the streets when I was a kid, so I can hurt someone plenty with just my fists.
</font>

Wow. It's like, they based a few movies on you.

------------------
Roach - It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

The mental patient sits and stares.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2003-12-22, 1:16 PM #64
I got 3 guns. I use them to hunt defenceless animals. It makes me feel like a big man ... just kidding.

I got 3 guns for hunting though.

------------------
To see a world in a grain of sand
and heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour.
and eternity in an hour.
2003-12-22, 1:19 PM #65
and a crossbow and compasite bow. I forgot about thoses

------------------
and eternity in an hour.
and eternity in an hour.
2003-12-22, 1:36 PM #66
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:

</font>

A few?

------------------
"So there I was completely naked and covered in tartar sauce..."
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2003-12-22, 1:40 PM #67
Wait, wait, so Page is a sex god, and a fist fighter? No, I dont believe it. One or the other, sure, but not both.

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-22, 1:46 PM #68
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Wait, wait, so Page is a sex god, and a fist fighter? No, I dont believe it. One or the other, sure, but not both.

</font>

But wait, it gets even better-- and he posts on a Star Wars forum!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
Something's definately amiss here...

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited December 22, 2003).]
2003-12-22, 3:04 PM #69
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
...Something's definately amiss here...</font>

Indeed.

Has anyone ever met Page in real life? I get the sneaking suspicion that he is actully a 20-something year-old virgin sitting in his parent's basement browsing pr0n with a half-empty tub of vaseline in hand, covered in freckles, still wearing braces, watching episode after episode of "Friends", wishing and hoping that tommorow will bring him something more than just a violent slap on the face form the girl he just made a suggestive comment to...

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-22, 3:37 PM #70
So... you?

As for me, I carry a plasma cannon and wield my powers of evil.
2003-12-22, 3:45 PM #71
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I am a weapon.</font>

*eyeballs roll out of sockets and disappear down a drain at my feet*

Oh christ, not again...torch anyone?
"The moral of the story? No means no, especially when it comes to the English language. It's not into the kinky stuff you want it to do, and therefore you should not force it." - Darko
2003-12-22, 3:46 PM #72
I have one, but I'm using it right now.
2003-12-22, 3:51 PM #73
I know one hundred ways to kill a man with a spoon... Don't mess with me, jerk.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-22, 4:42 PM #74
I generally carry a fully loaded Ruger 357 Magnum (it's a 5 shot revolver that can shoot 38 specials or 357 mag rounds). I also own a Kimber Stainless Match 1911 (that's 45 caliber semi-automatic). Of course I have a license to carry a concealed pistol issued by the State of Washington. The state is extremely liberal/democrat, so it's surprising how easy it is to get a concealed pistol permit here (fill out some paperwork, pay 50 bucks, and wait 30 days).

I also carry a 3 inch pocket knife but I would hardly call that a weapon [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I carry it "just in case" something happens. I have never had to use it and I hope I never have to, but I like knowing that if I'm walking down the street in down town seattle and I see a woman being dragged into an alley by 3 rapists, I can easily do something about it. I like knowing that if I'm ever in a restaurant and some crazy walks in and opens fire, I may be able to save some lives. It's basically impossible to even tell I'm carrying one, and, at least here, it's illegal to let people know and it's illegal to brandish it. You are only allowed to use it if your life or the life of someone else is in danger.

I used to live in Las Cruces, NM, and while I was there, someone walked in and opened fire and killed 8 people at a restaurant we frequented. Also, someone killed 4 people in our bowling alley. I don't believe they were ever caught.

So, I use the guns for target practice and carry one just in case I ever need it.
2003-12-22, 6:04 PM #75
I have a new-found respect for Brian. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
2003-12-22, 6:13 PM #76
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:

</font>

Duh. Pagewizard = Jean Claude Van Damne: the ultimate sex god/street fighter. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2003-12-22, 6:50 PM #77
I have heavy jackboots, I guess I could stomp on something angrily, but that's about it. I don't feel threatened enough to carry a weapon, and I don't like to show off my combat prowess either, so there's no point.

------------------
The Internet will steal your soul.
The Internet will steal your soul.
2003-12-22, 7:51 PM #78
Pagewizard has !!! REAL ULTIMATE POWER !!!

(...and obviously, some self esteem issues...)

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.
2003-12-23, 10:18 AM #79
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
I have an Airsoft Beretta 92FS (looks quite real), but I have never carried it around with me, and never will. I don't have any real guns.</font>

Agreed..they look real..
[http://cadetlee.techfeasibility.com/airsoft/m9front.jpg]

..but good call on not taking it anywhere. If you ever were in a situation where you needed a firearm, you want it to have the ability to kill something..not just look scary.

------------------
The Truth about Bowling for Columbine
woot!
2003-12-23, 10:24 AM #80
Real except for the inside of the barrel being about a third the normal size... but I guess when somebody's pointing a gun at you that's about the last thing you're worried about [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited December 23, 2003).]

↑ Up to the top!