Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl trailers! (Insane)
New Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl trailers! (Insane)
2004-07-09, 8:06 AM #41
We all know how long 4 player MP lasted on the original DooM.

And yah it's simple, but that doesn't mean the AI is. Most of the creatures are zombies--but what about the intelligent ones? The chainsaw monster, pinkie demons (though they are more brute force), and the like. Rifters...and I've seen screenshots of humans. It's safe to say there's probably human vs human in the game.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-09, 8:23 AM #42
I don't know if that Cherynoble game is very respectfull to the people who died there. I mean Doom is gory and all that but that was fiction. Many people died at cherynoble, and turning it into another "shoot the mutants" game just seems... wrong. It'd be like digging up some one's grave and to get thier skull for a novelty. Any one elce think this?
2004-07-09, 8:30 AM #43
...uh... no. digging up remains of someone is COMPLETELY different from basing a video game off of a location where people died. I bet a whole lot more people died in WW2 and vietnam, and the battlefield games are some of the best games ive played.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-07-09, 9:12 AM #44
Er, STALKER isn't "shoot the mutants". From what I can tell, they're only a hazard to look out for, not a main goal like Far Cry or something. Whose mutant's weren't that bad actually, Far Cry's.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-07-09, 9:57 AM #45
The STALKER thread and the BEST GRAPHICS thread and about 5 other threads that Dj Yoshi have posted in have one thing incomon....They all contain posts about 'DOOM 3 ROCKS!! AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE WRONG! AND IT PWNS ALL THE OTHER GAME EVER MADE!' or 'I AM GETTING A X800 PRO XT SPECIAL EDITION MAXIMUM CAPACITY WHATEVERTHEHELL CARD, AND YOU AREN'T!'

Back to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I remember the first trailer for it, it looked nice, but just okay. The player models were horrible, now the player models are really awesome,t hey have made A LOT of progress.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-09, 10:02 AM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
The STALKER thread and the BEST GRAPHICS thread and about 5 other threads that Dj Yoshi have posted in have one thing incomon....They all contain posts about 'DOOM 3 ROCKS!! AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE WRONG! AND IT PWNS ALL THE OTHER GAME EVER MADE!' or 'I AM GETTING A X800 PRO XT SPECIAL EDITION MAXIMUM CAPACITY WHATEVERTHEHELL CARD, AND YOU AREN'T!'

Back to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I remember the first trailer for it, it looked nice, but just okay. The player models were horrible, now the player models are really awesome,t hey have made A LOT of progress.

</font>

I think it rocks, I don't say you have to like it. But you can't say it looks like crap, because it doesn't. Graphically it's the most advanced game coming out with the most advanced engine. And I couldn't care less if you're getting an X800 while I am getting one. I posted it in about 3 threads, and they were all fairly on topic. Maybe you need to stop complaining so much SAJN, because no one else seems to care.

Besides, that's what the Best Graphics thread is for--debate. Just because you don't like what someone posts doesn't mean that you can change it. I'm going to post pro-DooM 3 whatever you say.

I admit, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s AI seems to be the best, and there are some interesting aspects of it. But I just can't see buying it over DooM III, that's all I'm saying. Now since it comes out two months AFTER DooM III...well... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

For the sake of cutting down on posts, I know you aren't getting one. That's why I couldn't care less whether or not you have one.

------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited July 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited July 09, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-07-09, 10:03 AM #47
Uhh. I never said I am getting an X800, but that's ALL you have been saying for a long while now.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-09, 12:32 PM #48
This is diffrent. It's like saying those people are all freaks now or something. It's hard to put your finger on it but it just seems wrong...
2004-07-10, 4:58 AM #49
I think it looks like a great game.. from the articles I've read there's more choice than the average FPS, and AI reacts to you... although that's not really becoming so rare now.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!