Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WHAT. THE. ****.
WHAT. THE. ****.
2004-07-11, 11:25 AM #41
Don't care how hypocritical this sounds, but I would rather have my kids play GTA 3 than this.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-07-11, 12:00 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
The principle of being able to rape someone in an online game full of people.
</font>

Right. Being able to kill someone in an online game full of people is totally harmless, and yet being able to rape someone in an online game full of people is going to corrupt you beyond repair.

Yes, the "Do video games affect your behaviour?" discussion is interesting, but you have to be on one side or the other. You can't say that violence and murder doesn't affect the player at all, and yet rape does. Either they both have an effect, or neither of them do. Just because you feel more strongly about rape than you do murder does not make it so. It is utterly illogical and hypocritical.

I postulate that the aformentioned discussion will be brought up again, perhaps with people questioning whether violent games maybe do have an effect on players.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-11, 12:06 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Oh this is hypocritical on so many levels.

You all complain about people saying that playing violent video games causes violence in children. Now, you're saying that playing a game that involves rape will cause people to go out and rape.
</font>

Wow, that should have been the first thought the got into my head. It wasn't. Ugly thread, destroyed my perspective on the world

------------------
No signature for you.
No signature for you.
2004-07-11, 12:13 PM #44
The first thought into my head was the assumption that "Sociolotron" had something to do with computerised oversized motorcycles and men in shining blue armour.

That had me musing for quite a while.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!